Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2001 6:07:17 PM EDT
Saw this on the news tonight.  Local guy, supposedly was arrested for brandishing a CAR-15, and when they searched his house and storage shed, they found several other weapons and mil. surp items.   Sounds like run of the mill stuff.

However, they said his rifle was "illegal" and kept showing the AR-15 repeatedly on the news.  Great, more negative propaganda.

Can they seize all this stuff because someone points a gun at someone else?  Or just the weapon in question?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They will take it all.Like you said ,this type of behavior is bad for everyone.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:10:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks to the Brady law they can come to his house and sieze all the guns in the house, not just his, because he is no longer fit to own them.  That's the real trick with the Brady law.
[whacko][sniper]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
They also said he had enough material on hand to make 700 to 1200 pounds of explosives....Hey! has anyone talked to Lordtrader tonight?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They also said he had enough material on hand to make 700 to 1200 pounds of explosives....Hey! has anyone talked to Lordtrader tonight?
View Quote

Great, I can see the news report now.  "Unemployed wacko gun owner tries to blow up titty bar."  Police also report finding a cache of survival food(spicy Spam) and and assault grille(Thanks George Foreman).  Lordtrader or LT to his friends was said to be a quiet fellow by his neighbors.  Mrs. Ann Wilson said "He was a quiet boy, really nice fellow. He helped me carry my groceries in yesterday."  Prosecutors will be seeking the death penalty for the possesion of large quantities of Spam with intent to deliver.  Back to George in the studio.....

[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

So what? He was probably a reloader. Plus if he happened to reload for a .50 cal it wouldn't take long to make 700-1200lbs of .50 cal ammo. That stuff weighs a ton.

He probably had bought his powder in 8 gallon kegs and took advantage of one of the case (4 kegs) sale. Then he probably had some fertilizer for his yard and gas for his lawnmower.

Heaven forbid he happens to be seriously into moto-x and he has a couple of 55gal drums of JP racing fuel in his garage. Then he would have the components for some HE bombs.

What a bunch of bullshit. I bet it turns out to be nothing and when they drop charges you will never hear anything else about it.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[Great, I can see the news report now.  "Unemployed wacko gun owner tries to blow up titty bar."  Police also report finding a cache of survival food(spicy Spam) and and assault grille(Thanks George Foreman).  Lordtrader or LT to his friends was said to be a quiet fellow by his neighbors.  Mrs. Ann Wilson said "He was a quiet boy, really nice fellow. He helped me carry my groceries in yesterday."  Prosecutors will be seeking the death penalty for the possesion of large quantities of Spam with intent to deliver.  Back to George in the studio...../quote]    
ROTFLMAO!
[}:D]
View Quote
Damn I still can't figure out this quote thing!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Not so fast there Slim. While he will be unable to PURCHASE any more firearms during the period that he is under indictment (See Form 4473, Question b.), and, under Texas law, his CHL is
automatically SUSPENDED during this period, the other weapons which he lawfully possesses will not be subject to seizure (or more properly)
SHOULD NOT be subject to seizure.

In this Brave New World, anything is possible.

Eric The Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]

What a bunch of bullshit. I bet it turns out to be nothing and when they drop charges you will never hear anything else about it.

Michael
View Quote

I agree, but the media will never post a retraction, or followup, and all the sheeple are left with is pictures of an evil black rifle and a story of a bomb making terrorist.

What a bunch of shit... drives me freaking nutz.  The media controls everything.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey! has anyone talked to Lordtrader tonight?
View Quote

Great, I can see the news report now.  "Unemployed wacko gun owner tries to blow up titty bar."  Police also report finding
View Quote

Thanks, Aggie, I just spit popcorn all over the place. LMAO!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 1:45:15 AM EDT
[#10]
silly me, and i thought ownership of ARs and explosives was required for all texans

good thing this didnt happen in kalif
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 3:42:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Does anyone have a link to this story. I've been hearing about it on the radio all day but not seen itin print. He had most of this stuff in a storage shed. I wonder what the "anti-government" literature was. The Turner Diaries, Unintended Conquences, Called to Serve, and a copy of the Constitution? Lots of splash on this one but not much substance so far.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 4:17:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I found this article in the Dallas Morning News, I am did not hear the broadcaste, but it sure sounds what "you alls" are talking about.
=================================================================
Online at: http://www.dallasnews.com/metro/stories/394409_explode_15met..html

The Dallas Morning News: Metro
Explosives material found in suspect's motel room
06/15/2001
By Nancy Calaway / The Dallas Morning News
FORT WORTH – A man jailed for an aggravated assault conviction faced additional
charges Thursday after police discovered he had enough material in his motel
room to make more than 700 pounds of explosives, police said.
Police charged Michael J. Toth, 42, with possession of a prohibited weapon and
possession of explosive components after finding chemicals, guns, time-delay
fuses, ammunition and a small library of survivalist, conspiracy and
anti-government literature. The charges are third-degree felonies punishable by
two to 10 years in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.
"He had the means, the wherewithal and the motivation to cause great harm in
Fort Worth," said Sgt. Michael Jones, supervisor of the gangs and intelligence
unit. "I can't speculate on what his intent was. ... I can't say whether he was
close to doing something or not."
The manager of the Golden Gate Motel, an extended stay motel at 7516 Highway 80
West where Mr. Toth had lived for three years, notified police about the
contents of the room Friday afternoon.
Mr. Toth called the motel manager Friday after police arrested him in connection
with aiming an assault rifle at a man he was fighting with at a nearby pool
hall. Mr. Toth pleaded guilty to the charge and is serving a 180-day sentence in
the Tarrant County Jail.
The motel manager told police that Mr. Toth asked him to secure his property at
the motel and at a nearby storage unit but that the manager "became alarmed"
when he saw what was in the room, said Lt. Duane Paul, police spokesman.
The Fort Worth bomb squad was called to the motel and the storage unit.
Investigators had to defuse crude booby traps as they inventoried the property,
fire officials said.
"Anytime you go into a location with a report of explosives, you know it could
be a potentially dangerous situation," said Lt. Ed Young, a member of the bomb
squad and the first person to enter Mr. Toth's motel room.
Included in the property seized by officers was a disassembled M-16; a 230-pound
drum of sulfuric acid; various amounts of potassium nitrate, ammonium nitrate
and black powder; and The Anarchists Handbook, literature often associated with
extremist groups.
"I would describe him as anti-government. Very radical," said Sgt. Jones, who
added that Mr. Toth also has also spoken "terms of endearment toward Timothy
McVeigh" since his arrest.
Mr. Toth, an 11th-grade dropout from New Jersey, "was a loner who never
succeeded at much, and he found something he saw as a cause and believed in,"
Sgt. Jones said, adding that Mr. Toth traveled between Texas and Florida. Police
said background checks on Mr. Toth have yielded just a minor, out-of-state theft
charge. Investigators will continue to trace the weapons, look into Mr. Toth's
background and try to determine if he has a network of associates.

Online at: http://www.dallasnews.com/metro/stories/394409_explode_15met..html
© 2001 DallasNews.com
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Seems to me that guy really was wacked out......
a 230-pound drum of sulfuric acid; various amounts of potassium nitrate, ammonium nitrate
and black powder in a HOTEL room?  with fuses? Whats up with that??????????????

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:47:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Included in the property seized by officers was a disassembled M-16; a 230-pound
drum of sulfuric acid; various amounts of potassium nitrate, ammonium nitrate
and black powder; and The Anarchists Handbook, literature often associated with
extremist groups.
View Quote

Now does that sound like someone that is into 50 cal shooting or motocross?  I think not.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:53:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Aiming rifle at man after altercation at pool hall?  Not too bright.

Hey, if you all don't have an extra weapon or two burried somewhere, you should.  If you are ever in any "trouble" they can sieze everything, leaving you defenselss, always have a backup plan.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:57:15 AM EDT
[#16]
OK-we were all wrong ..... the guy is a freak...
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 5:59:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I am not sure if it is like this everywhere, but brandishing a firearm is a misdemeanor. One of my friends got into some trouble a couple of months ago the way it worked out he would have been better to have jumped out of his vehicle and wave his gun wildly, than to have stored it unloaded in the back of his vehicle. The police screwed him hard. At least he can still buy guns though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 7:55:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I am not sure if it is like this everywhere, but brandishing a firearm is a misdemeanor.
View Quote

Sure it's a misdemeanor, if I brush my coat back to show my gun at my neighbor from across the street who I don't like. If I walk into a public place and point a mean looking black rifle at someone with whom I'm activly involved in a verbal altercation with, placing HIM and OTHERS in the pool hall in fear for their lives and cause alarm then that is a felony! And deservedly so. I'm sure wasn't trying to prove that the flash suppresor was pinned and welded on his post ban rifle by providing the pointee with an up close view of his AR15! Guy's a wacko. Case closed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2001 8:04:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am going to give up on this site if every response I think of is usually stated by the second or third line.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top