Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2001 7:16:18 AM EDT
Since I won't be buying a $7000 full auto or joining the military anytime soon I can't think of another way of "kinda sorta" seeing what full auto is all about.

I hear people talk about "bump firing" but I have no idea what they are talking about.  What are they bumping?

I have also read that most of the legal full auto attachments are garbage but the Gat trigger does work to some extent.  I was thinking about buying one just for fun.  Is it close to full auto?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Since I won't be buying a $7000 full auto or joining the military anytime soon I can't think of another way of "kinda sorta" seeing what full auto is all about.

I hear people talk about "bump firing" but I have no idea what they are talking about.  What are they bumping?

I have also read that most of the legal full auto attachments are garbage but the Gat trigger does work to some extent.  I was thinking about buying one just for fun.  Is it close to full auto?
View Quote

Yeah and no on the Gat. I bought one a while back, but it doesn't aim any better than Bump firing from the hip. Trigger control is the heart of accuracy, and you have none. The only resemblance it has to useful FA is the bump against hip or shoulder. It's fun fun fun, but not for anywhere but the range(perfect for you, oh denigrator of Prebans[;)]). Heats us a gun pretty fast too, so watch out.

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#2]
So you hold the rifle an inch or so from your shoulder and the gun kicks back?  

Do you just hold your finger steady and the gun bouncing off you shoulder fires it again?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
My younger brother shot my AR for the first time and he pulled the trigger so fast that People who could hear us shooting that day thought that we had a full auto. We did not have to modify the gun at all and he still hit stuff. Why bother doing it any other way. Granted full auto would be awesome, but I will have to hold out until the savings increase.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a good point, does anyone know the time diffence in sqeezing off 30 rnds full auto vs. a fast trigger finger?

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
"Bump method" . . . . .as I know it.

You have to hold your finger (ridgedly) in the same place, while gently pulling the rifle away from you with the other hand.  As that happens, your finger will engage the trigger, causing a round to fire.  Because of the recoil, it will cause the rifle to move back, setting the trigger again for another round.  All this time you are still pushing the rifle forward with your left hand.  If done right, this 'cause and effect' will continue to happen until you stop pushing the rifle forward, it runs out of ammo, or causes a malfunction.  

If I've left something out, let me know, guys!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Cool, something new to practice.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I can do my friends AK with no problems and on my Colt SP1 it is a bit harder due to a rough trigger. Now on my Colt 9mm AR that is a different story. It fires the bump like a true FA. Spent about 300 rds in a couple of hours. It not real controllable but it is fun to do.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#13]
What a waste of ammo and money.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#14]
heh i was at a shooting class put on by the local JC and on of the last dew days i brought my AK and unloaded a 30 round mag using the "bump" methos everyone was like wow
the instructer was like ok u had your fun know go pick up the brass
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's a good point, does anyone know the time diffence in sqeezing off 30 rnds full auto vs. a fast trigger finger?

View Quote

yeah 1 gets you 10-14 rounds a second, vs. ??
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Until I can afford a FA gun, I'll just get my rocks off by bumpfiring my AK's...

I did a 100 round drum on Sunday... NON-STOP !!!
WOO-HOOOO THAT WAS FUN !!!

(melted the synthetic handguards though)[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top