Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2001 11:09:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Then what the hell is this all about? I know this isn't what the article is about, but it plays right into the cards for the UN ignoring our sovereignty. Anyway, it's a good read.

[url]www.lp.org/press/archive.php?function=view&record=209[/url]

[June 7, 2001] WASHINGTON, DC -- An upcoming United Nations conference on racism is expected to demand massive financial reparations from Western nations for the “terrible exploitation” of slavery -- but the U.S. government should refuse to take money from taxpayers to pay for such historic misdeeds, the Libertarian Party said today.
View Quote

It's about a bunch of poor nations looking for a handout.  

The irony of course would be if it were to happen.  The tax dollars of our African American decendents of slaves, paying for it along with everyone else.  I bet that would leave a bitter taste.

Ignoring the sovereignty of individual nations is part of my definition of the "United Nations".  A democratic organization in progress.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I want reperations paid to me for all the insults to liberty, and loss of freedom by statists pigs. i vote for them to give me (us) our heritage back or my self-esteem will be hurt. [:D]

lunatic fringe lib
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The bulk of the UN is made up of poor backwards countries, who, BTW, have the same number of votes as the US (one). Is it a surprise they want a handout? No. And just because they "demand" (ie beg) money is by no means an "attack" on our sovereignty: its no more than panhandling. There is no way they can take it from us. They can't even get us to pay the dues we agreed to pay on time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:21:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#5]
The UN is a internationally recognized humanitarian organization and deserves the support of all global citizens. The U.S. is a very rich country and it is a great honor to be among the member states selected to assist in the noble cause of assisting the less fortunate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top