Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2001 7:26:57 PM EDT
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link..the weaker the link ..the weaker the chain
lowering standards and affirmative action..give the weaker the leg up..while on the surface appearing "more fair" than competition it devalues accomplishment and lifts up soldiers based on race, gender, or sexual prefereance rather than ability or accomplishment...hardly the way to build up a winning team.. imagine professional basketball or football with those kinds of institutionalized requirements...kinda humerous if you think about it..but with potentialy deadly consequences in combat
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23226[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't you dare say that the Army is being feminized! You'll be one of those woman hating, pigish, chauvinistic cry babies!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't agree with the entire army getting black berets, I wasn't a Ranger but i served with them at FT. Benning, they deserve to keep their black berets!!! The regular pukes (like I was) should get tan, if any at all. That's what the Army really needs now, to boost morale of it's supply clerks, and demoralize the fighting forces that wear the beret now. Makes alot of sense doesn't it?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#3]
This whole beret crap is stupid, I'm not looking foward to wearing it.  I feel the beret has always signified a special group... everybody doesn't need one, let the SF, Rangers and Airborne keep it, they earned it. [(:)]
OH, and please don't get me started about women in the ARMY(combat MOS's)
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 3:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Why can't we leave the berets to the foreign army's, where they belong.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 4:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Wore the black beret back in late 70's when with B Troop 3/7 Cav. For whatever reason the Cav was the only outfit other than SF who did this. Before I ETS'd they took them, and we couldn't wear them anymore. Noone complained. Any old Cav people out there?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:03:07 AM EDT
[#7]
How will anybody know who has earned their way into Special Forces if everybody has the same beret. Grunts need bullet-proof helmets not black berets. Leave the berets to Special Forces (Rangers, Airborne.) I saw Special Forces for the first time after Hurricane Andrew in a Perrine Tent City. The 82nd Airborne came in to help out and this instilled an awe that these men were somehow better than regular soldiers. Leave the beret to the SF not the Grunts.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:10:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Legs need no berets and no women should be in a combat line unit. Except some of the big bull dykes what have hairy chestesess, they would be alright I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Hold on a minute.  Quit busting down on the "grunts."  The infantry is the backbone of the military from whose ranks most of the Special Forces are selected.  And some Infantry are fairly well-trained even if they are not Special Forces.

The truely criminal thing is that the Ranger emblem is going to be worn by pogues (REMFS).

That being said, I hope our beloved Marine Corps never gets involved in any of this silliness.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#10]
the Ranger Emblem is the ranger tab, worn above the shoulder patch on the left arm. The beret is only worn by those in a ranger unit, the 75th for example. There are thousands of Rangers assigned to regular units that do not wear the beret, just as there are thousands of airborne troops that don't belong to the 82nd and therefore are not authorized the red beret for daily wear.  Big friggin deal.  A hat is a hat.  I spent three years at Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah Ga.(Went on the Grenada vacation) wearing the damn thing, and was glad to get rid of it. Spent more time maintainng that beret did I did on the entire uniform. As an aside, It amazes me how many former Rangers there are. (Following this discussion on several boards) One gets the impression the army is composed of one medical company, one personnel company, and 4,800 Ranger and Special Forces Brigades. Rigger, my first unit out of AIT was HHT, 1/4th Cav, Ft Polk La.  We had the berets in 1978, as did 3/77th Armor down the street. Don't remember when they were taken, sometime after I went to Korea I think.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I am not in the army, but I haver talked to many who are. They have been complaining about the berets ever since they found out that they would have to wear them. One guy feels that he does not deserve to where one on account of the special forces. He thinks that it is disrespect to do so.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Ah, I see BigPig has always been an idiot.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#13]
cc48510, I'm just a regular garden variety dumb ass so I don't understand why/how the "BigPig" has always been an idiot.
Use small words and enlighten me please.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't totally sh#t on supply clerks. I am one of the few supply/armorer people that actually gives a f--k. Without supply, without a knowledgable armorer - the whole unit is f----d. I keep weapons, night vision, commo., etc up and working - my full time job is keeping sh#t fixed that morons break. I go to work at 2am if Force Protection needs something. I don't want an award or some sh#t - just a little common respect. Do we don't deserve black berets..no....I don't like the damn things anyway...fortunately USAREUR is not wearing them yet - just CONUS
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ah, I see BigPig has always been an idiot.
View Quote

So you do a search of my topics/posts/replies, read them and then comment on them.  Wow, you must have lots of free time.  Perhaps I gave you more credit than you deserve.  

Just so you know, its comments like that that can/do lead to you being banned.  Don't drag this on any longer than.  For God's sake get a life already.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top