Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2001 10:03:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a conversion of an M1 Garand. I would stay away from it myself. They look cool but are famous for malfuntioning all the time.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Fulton Arms Tanker, had it for years, it shoots great and I have had no problems with it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's Springfield Armory, Inc.  Then it will be a replica of the T-26 rifle of WWII.  They're pretty well built, and I've seen several at just about $650, so the price is in line.  The SA,Inc receiver is cast, and has been known to wear out at the sight adjustments.  There's a fix for this, so it's not a show stopper.  Something to know though.  I guess they didn't cast them in the same as their M-1A receivers, as I haven't heard of this problem with them.  It is loud and short as noted.  It was made in both .308 and .30-06.

If it's a WWII Springfield Armory Garand cut-down into a "tanker", then it's probably a bit high.  Most I've seen go for $550.  You can identify these as they look a little rough.  There is no short front handguard, and you'll see the oprod between the gas cyl and the handguard.  Most have an M-14 handguard on them.  These tend to be either really good or really bad, with majority being bad.  

I'd say the SA, inc would be worth getting.  If I found one, I'd probably buy it if I didn't have anything else to buy.  I wouldn't bother buying a Fed ord, or whoever unless I was guarenteed that I could return it if it didn't work.

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top