Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2001 8:02:19 AM EDT
originally posted by PASPECOPS

1. The detention camps exist. I have seen one with my own eyes.
View Quote

where i just got to plan ahead for my family vacation

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#3]
kpel308:

I'll be spending a week in the Hazleton, PA area the end of this month. I'll take a look at a topo and see if that puts me anywhere near the detention camps. If so, I'll run a little recon for the board, and report back on my return. Good thing I got that PA non-resident carry permit...

EDIT: I hit the Maptech website and fed in those coordinates. Here's what I got:

Further EDIT: Maptech doesn't allow hotlinking. Check it yourself. [url]http://navigator2.maptech.com/homepage/index.cfm?[/url]

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

----------------
"There is nothing better than a Marine sergeant."
--Colonel Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC Korea, 1950
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Six miles SW of Sinnemahoning, Pa.  NW of Clearfield.  Sinnemahoning is on State Rt. 120.  Would you like a guide?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
are there plenty of rest rooms....?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Send me an Email...........
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the url I get from terraserver when I searched for: 41degree 15min N by 78degree 12min W.  I am not familiar with the area and I am not a map/photo interpreter so I can't distinguished anything one way or the other.

[url]http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.asp?S=14&T=1&X=229&Y=1428&Z=17&W=2[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]Six miles SW of Sinnemahoning, Pa. NW of Clearfield. Sinnemahoning is on State Rt. 120. Would you like a guide?[/b]

I live about 40 miles from the place you are talking about.

It's a detention camp of sorts. It's in Quehanna, PA and is a place in the woods they send youth offenders instead of prision.

It's also referred to as a "boot-camp". Uses military boot-camp style setting to try to instill pride in these kids.

There's a few of them around the state located in semi-remote areas of the state forest system.

There's actually industry within a few miles of the Quehanna facility.

Very successful, from what I read.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[b]Six miles SW of Sinnemahoning, Pa. NW of Clearfield. Sinnemahoning is on State Rt. 120. Would you like a guide?[/b]

It's a detention camp of sorts. It's in Quehanna, PA and is a place in the woods they send youth offenders instead of prision.

It's also referred to as a "boot-camp". Uses military boot-camp style setting to try to instill pride in these kids.

There's a few of them around the state located in semi-remote areas of the state forest system.

View Quote

Put the tin-foil hat back on.  Those aren't your real thoughts.

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

An [i]obvious[/i] attempt at fooling us!  I know from a good source that there are [i][b]ALIEN[/B][/I] spacecraft in that camp!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top