Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2001 8:21:37 PM EDT
Tonight I have read and responded to the threads pertaining to Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Oklahoma City.  As I pondered these things it occurred to me that life is very complicated and there are very few things that are black and white.  I can see how many people would want to bury their heads in the sand and ignore the things going on around them.  Hell, every time I think about any of the above events my blood pressure goes up!  Those that don't want to try and comprehend what is going on around them must lead very happy lives.(ignorance is bliss)  I just don't know what to make of people who defend our rights to bear arms and in the same breath defend the actions of a corrupt government.  We live in a world where government has little or no accountability.  Where government agents can kill unarmed women and children and the world accepts their excuses.  I am at a loss for words.[:(]

Aggie1
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, makes you want one of those mail-order self-treatment electroshock therapy kits, don't it?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Already tried that.  Didn't help.  However it did stop the hairloss.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
"   whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such Principles and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness...."

i've often wondered when (or, regrettably, IF) we will ever utilize this part of the Declaration.  Seems to me that now is as good a time as any, considering that the Government has enacted crap that is destructive to our Rights.

i guess the question is "where do you draw the line?"
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"   whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such Principles and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness...."

i've often wondered when (or, regrettably, IF) we will ever utilize this part of the Declaration.  Seems to me that now is as good a time as any, considering that the Government has enacted crap that is destructive to our Rights.

i guess the question is "where do you draw the line?"
View Quote

Hi ARLADY glad to see you back.Finally someone that know's what our founding fathers where talking about
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I bet you could ask 10 high school seniors what our Founding Fathers stood for and 11 of them would get it wrong.  The wonders of government screwls.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The line has been crossed many times, however, most sheeple are too caught up with sports scores and the like to give it a second thought. If you talk about such topics, you are viewed with a jaundiced eye, while a baseball game blares on the radio. Nothing wrong with sports in itself, remember, its just a game. But what happens in our government isnt.
View Quote

I agree 100% that organized professional sports, along with other aspects of our modern pop culture, occupy WAY too much of our time and serve as a mind-numbing opiate for the sheeple. While our government runs wild and marksmanship skills are neglected. [V]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Give them sports, beer while on the couch, and the hope that they will see a little blood. Let them think that they have no care in the world and that any problem can be solved by the government, the only catch is that you have to give up something (liberty) to have security. Go to the radio, check the stations, and list the numbers of stations that speak about freedom and personal liberties, then compare them to the number of state sponsored or sport stations. Yep, they have it great, just like the calf that is being fattened before the slaughter.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Have you all forgot these are the same things the Roman Empire gave it's people to keep them in line & forget about the real going on's of their rulers.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
As long as the subjects have full bellies and cable TV,the subjects are content and under control.           [whacko]    
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:16:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I THINK FOLKS CAN BE VERY INTO SPORTS OR A HOBBY LIKE FISHING AND THEY ARE FINE.  WHEN A GUY LOVES GUNS AND SHOOTING, THEN POPS OFF ABOUT THIS GOVERNMENT SUBJECT, ALL EYES LOOK AT YOU AS A EVIL TERRORIST.

Im not yelling, caps were locked

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a new day and I am still upset by this.  I think you guys missed my point.  I am not referring to the general population.  I am talking about members here.  We have people on this board who think these things.  They call murder a mistake and think it's ok.  They think that we should have the death penalty for tax violations.  Where is the accountablity?[:(]

Aggie1
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I call it the six-pack syndrome.  All most of "us" need are:
[list]
[*]A six-pack of beer[/*]
[*]A new gun every now & then[/*]
[*]Someone to bitch to about paying more taxes[/*][/list]

If these simple requirements are met than the government [b]GETS[/b] away with murder and "we" burry "our" heads in the sand.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Aggie1 is right.  I'm becoming less and less interested in what I'm finding here on this board.  Most do not have the knowledge or even the interest to realize the steps of tyranny that have already taken place.

I see a lot of rants on here "when they come to take my gun" yada yada yada with the presumption that "then I'll fight".  Well, I'm no rocket scientist but our guns have already been taken away in huge quantities across this nation and the noose keeps getting tighter and tighter all the time.

Perhaps this board is not where such discussions even belong because there is so little real interest on what to do to stop this encroachments on our freedoms.

Personally, I believe very few posters I've read (not speaking for you non-posters here) will do squat when their favorite firearm is outlawed.

If you won't fight now, why do you believe yourselves to fight when the battle is truly lost?

The opportunity to save our country, save our Constitution, including the cherished Second Ammendment, and restore the Bill of Rights is right now, but so many believe that the fight comes later.  Why is that?  [b]Why hesitate to fight when you have no freedoms left?[/b]

[b]The answer is because we simply do not care enough to save our Republic.  We believe the system works.  We like it the way things are.  Our sports, our beer, our television brainwashing, our easy living and our creature comforts have placated us to the point we are inebriated with pleasures and we are indifferent to the things that ought to matter the most.[/b]

Because of this, we are going to lose this country, but not all of us will go down quietly.

How many of you have stockpiled and hidden away weapons, parts, food and supplies?  Or is your talk of freedom and gun rights restored based on the view that a political solution is going to turn around over a 100 years of tyranny?

How many of you have practiced with diligence and sharpened your shooting skills, your mind and your body for the coming conflict that is sure to come?  Or do you not believe that this will happen?

How many of you have truly made a stand for freedom at the cost of your lives, your homes, your job and your families?  Or do you believe that freedom comes easier then this?

We excuse our leaders for their unjust actions and fail to hold them accountable - is this because we ourselves refuse accountability and personal responsibility?

[b]How many of us realize we have inherited the greatest nation on earth, yet we are standing idly by with a beer in our hand cheering it's demise?[/b]

Lest any think otherwise, I retain a hope, but my faith is not in the armchair patriot warriors who's greatest test of strength is in the remote control button or the tapping of a keyboard.  Nor will I fight for these, they deserve what they get.  

I will fight because I must.

[url]http://www.bowmansbrigade.com/information/whyimustfight.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#20]
You got that right. I have seen apathy increase over the years and people don't give a shit about anything except themselves these days. Now we have the so-called "generation d" (digital, or should it be dumbass) none of which have any idea of all the freedoms that already have been lost and are so damned brainwashed by the media they will willingly give up the rest.

At this point in time, there is no stopping the destruction of the Republic, and the only thing left to do is witness the downfall of a once great nation.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#21]
The U.N. will take care of us.  Don't worry about it.

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#22]
"I have seen apathy increase over the years and people don't give a shit about anything except themselves these days"

This is true to a very large extent.  However, there are many who are sick of the emerging and omnipresent police state.

It's only a matter of time before real resistance mounts.  I don't know about you but if a small group of guys acts I'm going to do my share.

We should all be trying to talk our relatives with descent savings into lending us the money so we can stock up on .50 caliber rifles and ammo.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:02:43 PM EDT
[#23]
BWAHHHAWAAAAAAAAAA!!  [:D]

So you really believe most of the Founding
Fathers were God Fearing - Righteous Christian
Patriots ? -With no Moral Flaws  ?

I beg to differ [:I]

Most of them owned Slaves -  Most of them
only opposed The Crown because it took money
from their pockets -

And most Promulgated Revolution  - to protect
Their Business Interests!

BUT - It gets better - the common People took

action against their Ruling Class in order to
FREE themselves from Tyranny -

We are the People !!  -   Don't Wed yourself to
an idealogue just to

CURRY FAVOR amongst your peers

Yawn -- I' m tired

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Everybody should go read this information -

Modern Day Committees of Correspondence:
[url]http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/cc04lett.html[/url]

Before revolution starts, we must address and identify the problems we are hoping to fix.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
BWAHHHAWAAAAAAAAAA!!  [:D]

So you really believe most of the Founding
Fathers were God Fearing - Righteous Christian
Patriots ? -With no Moral Flaws  ?

I beg to differ [:I]

Most of them owned Slaves -  Most of them
only opposed The Crown because it took money
from their pockets -

And most Promulgated Revolution  - to protect
Their Business Interests!

BUT - It gets better - the common People took

action against their Ruling Class in order to
FREE themselves from Tyranny -

We are the People !!  -   Don't Wed yourself to
an idealogue just to

CURRY FAVOR amongst your peers

Yawn -- I' m tired

View Quote

No one is without flaws and everyone has self interest.  Aww never mind go back to bed.  You obviously don't care.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#26]
AksRule,
The common people are the problem.  Without them, the elite would have no one to run against the republican middle class.

To the common man, tyranny is whatever stands between him and the "bread and circuses."  They will revolt against tyranny until their appitites are satified then serve the master who fed them.  Thus, the Democracy naturally becomes the dictatorship.

Of course one reason the founders opposed the Crown was that it took money from them.  That is a component of the issue of freedom.  The fact that the money could be arbitraily confiscated was a tangible manifistation of a lack of freedom.  Yes they revolted to promote their own business interests.  FREE enterprise was the issue.  Their business interests were symbolic of how free men conducted themselves in a free society -- competition without the use of force.

The reason that the American Revolution was successful and chaos or dictatorships did not follow it as has happened in virtually every other case throughout history is that the founders were educated aristocrats, UNcommon men, with principals and vision and a sense of divine purpose in spite of their personal failings.

Hope I did not put you back to sleep.  Counting sheep?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top