Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2001 7:14:15 PM EDT
I am really getting pissed at the Europeans, Other Asians, Arabs, the rest of the world I guess, even Canada!  Whats the deal with bashing Americans.  They have no problems taking our money and sucking up to us when the Germans, Japanese, and other aggressors kicked their skinny butts.  We saved the French not once but many times from WWI to WWII and  Vietnam, and they have nothing but contempt for us.  Why dont we give what the UN says we owe them to the Americans who paid the the damn taxes.  I drove thru a bad part of Detroit today.  There were plenty of homeless and poor people who need help at home.  I dont want to start anything racial, because its not just one race but the whole freaking world against us!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
For some reason, after WW II, America decided that we had to be nice to everyone.  Maybe we didn't want to be perceived as the loudmouthed bully.  Whatever the cause, we now feel compelled to try to rescue the people that hate us.  We bow down to those who couldn't bloody our nose.  Cowardice has become an institution in America.

The idea of integrity is vanishing quickly from our society.  I can't count the number of times that my various bosses have outright lied to me.   Look what corporations do to communities in the name of saving a few bucks.  

Janet Reno announced that she was responsible for the debacle in Waco and what happened to her?  Not a thing.  She should have resigned or been fired.   Clinton is show to be a philandering thief and most of America says that personal integrity is not important in a leader.

Hell, another Scout unit in my town is trying to steal our fundraiser even though there has always been an unwritten rule that units in the same areas will not step on each others' toes.  If you can't trust a Scout leader, who can you trust?

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The fact is, most of Europe had their head in the sand before WWII.  The 3 monkeys routine.  A perfect example, France.  While Hitler was building his up his armed forces, in clear violation of the treaty of Versailles, the French were smelling wine bottle corks, eating their Foies Gras appetizers, and slurping Vichyssoise.  Mussolini was heading up a European non-aggression committee!  Out of 50,000,000 French citizens, only about 5,000 were active in the Resistance.  After we went in and mopped up [b]their[/b] mess, well, they never forgave us.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I say we just take over every country in the world then problem solved and if they hate us so much stop coming here and taking jobs and housing away from people who love this country.

[kill]                 [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Instead of worrying about the outside world, why don't we go into isolationism like pre-WW2. and fix all the troubles wrong in & with this country first. AMERICA FIRST!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
They think that they can just gang up on us on.  We have been on the wimpy side for a long time.  Hell, Clinton has us one ennema that all of us did not like.  He made laziness and cowardice vogue.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#8]
[puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke][puke]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Greetings from Australia, The overall reason we have a bad taste about Yanks is during the war, you blokes were busy shagging our Sheilas! I guess we never got over that. Only kidding, personally I love the Great Satan! After 25yrs of Army Svc, worked with you Yanks many times, not stuck up like the English 'Pommy bastards'. You are maybe a little loud and obnoxious, but I was always was treated fine, and never had to buy a beer.

If it was not for MacArthur, we Aussies would be speaking Japanese! So many streets are named after him and US states too. Recently we had the USS Kittyhawk in Sydney. 5,000 blokes on a well deserved liberty. You are all okay in my books!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#10]
What?? Did you ever think that they have the same liberal media in those countries as we have??

You know Britian founded the US, not quite what they expected. But at every turn they back us. Raid on Libya Britian backed us, NATO mutual backing, and against Sodamn Insane they were there and helped us convince the rest of the "allies" the war made sense.

France, they helped us become a nation the victory at Yorktown wouldn't have happened without a French fleet offshore, and the gave us money to pay for the war. They also gave us the Statue of Liberty. What about the Free French, or the French Underground during WWII?? How many more American would have died without them?

Some of our enemies in WWII support us also. Look around the world, we have troops in England, Germany, Italy, Turkey, S. Korea, and Japan, to name a few. How would we react if there were several thousand foriegn troops on US soil?

We are the worlds only super-power. We have a huge economy and a high standard of living. Of course others will "cut on" us, partially they are jealous and partially they have had way to much contact with US troops.

We shouldn't be a bully, most Americans believe in "fair play" as a nation we should be a "fair player". Plus when we yell "it's go time" most of our tradtion allies basically shut up and toe the line, and sometimes non-tradtional allies join in too.

Maybe it's better that other countries have the ability to talk about the differences they have with the US and we work to lessen the friction. Instead of pushing other countries around until they "snap" build a biological weapon and have some tourist deliver it to NYC.

Beekeeper1: Reagan was initially seen as a cowboy, He won the Cold-War. Reagan grew in popularity the longer he was POTUS. Is the press here in love with W?? Give them a little time to get used to W. They are always concerned that a new president is gonna be some goofball that thinks the US is the only country in the world, the just wanna make sure he is humble and realizes that the  US is not the only country
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 2:25:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:23:28 AM EDT
[#12]
If we had kept our noses out of everybody elses business for the past 50 years we wouldn't have so many enemies.
View Quote

Very true.

Trying to be nice to everyone just pisses everyone off!
View Quote

Wrong.  They are very grateful to the Americans for all the nice thing and all but they just don't like the Americans to involve in their internal affairs.  Our Government had the tendency to bully other foreign government to get our way of doing thing on the international circuit.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, when we kick the shit outta the rest of the world, we spare the guys down under, and their Sheilas!!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#14]
There's always been a love/hate relationship with most countries and the US.  Despite what loudmouth, obnoxious blokes we are (which is absolutely true), we are a stabilizing force.  Pax Americana is the term.  The fact is where Americans are, the world is generally better for it.  So they put up with our ways, our corruption of their culture (like the insidious way the purely American term "OK" has now become standard in most countries) because they know that they're better off with this immature (for a nation) superpower around.

I've been to numerous countries, and there were many protests against the Americans, and US policies, etc.  It's been that way through history.  When push comes to shove though, they know we'll be there.  Quite frankly, they've been there as well.  

The best recent example of this is when we invaded Grenada in the 80's. There was a meeting of the UN security council.  The UK ambassador was asked what they thought of the operation, since it was technically an invasion of UK territory by the US, similar to what Argentina carried out in the Malvinas/Falklands.  The Ambassador replied that they had not been informed by the US prior to the operation at all (seems someone in the Sate Dept. didn't think about bothering to tell the Brits what was going on, even though it was their island).  He further went on to say that they still hadn't been informed yet by any US government entity about the operation, but that they weren't concerned.  The Ambassador said that this was being conducted strictly by the Americans, but that the Americans just don't do things like this without a good reason, least of all to expand their power and conquer people.  The simple fact that the Americans were doing it meant there was probably a necessity for it.  Hell of a thing to say about a country invading your territory.

It pretty much reflects the sentiments of the rest of the world.  We're a PITA sometimes, but we aren't evil by any stretch of the imagination.  We were the only country that would have accepted an unconditional surrender from an enemy that started a war by a sneak attack, and not only not demand concessions, but actually rebuild and restructure the whole nation (Japan).  Think the Soviets would do that?

The world is no where near against us.  In fact their biggest fear is that we'll become isolationist as we were prior to WWII.  The stability that the US brings, not just in money, aid, etc, but in actual true peace.  That's a pretty big deal that's not lost on these countries.  Sure they want to go their own way most of the time (especially the French), but who wouldn't?  They aren't our vassals.  That's the difference between having an army of occupation, like the Soviets in East Germany, etc. and a true ally defending your nation, like the US in West Germany.  What other countries do you know that could actually pull off 50+years of "occupation" without having that country hate you?  

I, for one, don't mind being considered one of the people (Americans) to be counted upon when the chips are truly down.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#15]
If we quit paying their allowance for one week,
they would all shut-up.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Ross,
Granada was/is an independent member of the British commonwealth. Strictly speaking the UK had no direct control over the local govt.
Secondly, the were illegally detaining US citizens. After the Iran hostage mess and with Reagan in the White House, I think most countries expected a forceful US response.They weren`t expecting that forceful a response,especially Castro and the USSR!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#17]
If the rest of the world doesn't like us, they can return all of our foreign-aid money!!

HEY EUROPE!!  KISS THIS!!  [moon]

edited because I can't spell when I'm p!$$ed!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 2:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I've gotta say, I am impressed with the general knowledge of history on these boards, sometimes.  I'm a student of history or a history buff at least, and I have lived a long time and seen many of the events mentioned on these posts take place.  Even participated in a few of them.  
Nice work, guys (and girls, too if there were some.)    [:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#19]
They can be as pissed at us as they want to be.  The best part of it is they can't do a damned thing about it.....and that's what pisses them off the most.  F*** Em.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]
P. J. O'Rourke, on the difference between Americans and Europeans.

Eventually he got, as the Europeans always do, to the part about "Your country's never been invaded." ... "You don't know the horror, the suffering. You think war is..."
I snapped. "A John Wayne movie," I said. "That's what you were going to say, wasn't it? We think war is a John Wayne movie. We think life is a John Wayne movie - with good guys and bad guys, as simple as that. Well you know something, Mister Limey Poofter? You're right. And let me tell you who the bad guys are. They're us. WE BE BAD.

"We're the baddest-assed sons of bitches that ever jogged in Reeboks. We're three-quarters grizzly bear and two-thirds car wreck and descended from a stock-market crash on our mother's side. You take your Germany, France, Spain, roll them all together and it wouldn't give us room to park our cars. We're the big boys, Jack, the original, giant, economy-sized, new and improved butt kickers of all time. When we snort coke in Houston, people lose their hats in the Cap d'Antibes. And we've got an American Express card credit limit higher than your piss-ant metric numbers go.

"You say our country's ever been invaded? You're right, little buddy. Because I'd like to see the needle-dicked foreigners who'd have the guts to try. We drink napalm to get out hearts started in the morning. A rape and a mugging is our way of saying 'Cheerio.' Hell can't hold our sock-hops. We walk taller, talk louder, spit further, fuck longer, and buy more things than you know the names of. I'd rather be a junkie in New York than king, queen, and jack of all you Europeans. We eat little countries like this for breakfast and shit them out before lunch."

Of course, the guy should have punched me. But this was Europe. He just smiled his shabby, superior European smile. (God, don't these people have dentists?)[/b]

Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#22]
All those other countries have a simple case of Penis envy.

[i]Forgive the language, it's the only thing I could think of to describe it.[/i]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I fully expected to get pissed reading this thread.... I feel let down... Now I'm not pissed, just proud as hell to be one of the loud obnoxous(sp?) ones!

I forget who mentioned the homeless in our own country, but I cant just let it lie.
Try giving one of those guys that "will work for food" guys a job. They don't want anything more than a hand out. Screw the homeless. I have been homeless, and it sucked. I did something about it, it's called a JOB!

i'd love to rant more but it's time to go home....
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:45:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Why thanks 1feral1.

You ever make it to Michigan you got an all expenses paid trip to the local club for all the shooting and beer you can take.

Necessarily in that order.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I hate how we help all these other countries and all we get back in return is BS!  If they think their countries are so good why do they always ask us for help?!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:35:48 PM EDT
[#26]
> Here's something to ponder!
>
> Some of you may enjoy this one more than others:
>
>
>    I Am Your Worst Nightmare. I am a BAD American.
>
>    I like big cars, farms, and big cigars.
>
>    I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some
> midlevel governmental functionary with an attitude, who wants to
> give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.
>
>    I'm not in touch with my feelings and I like it that way, dammit.
>
>    I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzie. Osbourne, Ice-T
or
> Marilyn Manson sang.
>
>    I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer.
>
>    I believe it's called the Boy Scouts for a reason.
>
>    I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized.
>
>    I don't celebrate Kwanzaa.
>
>    I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, you'd better do it in
> English.
>
>    I don't use the excuse "it's for the children" as a shield for
unpopular
> opinions or actions.
>
>    I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July.
>
>    I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment
than
> working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing  the bill to
> put your pansy ass through 4-7 years of senior senior high school,
> you haven't begun to be enlightened.
>
>    I don't want to eat or drink anything with the words light, lite, sugar
> free, or fat-free on the package.
>
>    I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God or gods,
just
> leave the rest of us out of it. This also applies to sexuality.
>
>    My heroes are John Wayne, the Simpsons, and Dr. Quinn, Medicine
Woman.
>
>    I don't hate the rich.
>
>    I don't pity the poor.
>
>    I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.
>
>    I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now,
> when I am freezing my ass off through a long, cold winter?
>
>    I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, so shut the fuck up already.
>
>    I want to know which church is it exactly where the Rev. Jessie
Jackson
> preaches. And where does he get his money. And why is he   always part of
> the problem and not the solution.
>
>    I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're
> running from them. I also think they have the right to pull your ass over
if
> you are breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.
>
>    I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want
> you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world
for
> the next four years.
>
>    I worry about dying before I get even.
>
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#27]
>    I hate those bastards standing in the intersections or coming to my
door
> trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into making  donations to
their
> cause. These people should be targets.
>
>    I think if you are in the passing lane, and not passing, your license
> should be revoked, and you should be forced to  ride the bus until you
> promise to never delay the rest of us again.
>
>        I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes
> two parents.
>
>    I think tattoos and piercings are fine if you want them, but please
don't
> pretend they are a political statement.
>
>    I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the
> mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.
>
>    I believe if she has her lips on your ****, it is sex, and it is sex
for
> both of you. This even applies when she is a fat pig with self esteem
> issues, and you are President of the United States. "Is" means is,
dumbass.
>
>    If that makes me a bad American, then yes, I'm a bad American. If you
too
> are a bad American please forward this.   We need our country back.
>
>    Amen.
Finger
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:03:49 PM EDT
[#28]
[size=4][b]What part of Europe Are You From?
The Part Whose Ass We Saved?
Or the Part Whose Ass We Kicked?[/b][/size=4]

(With all due apologies to Tuuka - we know that
brave Finland kicked the crap out of the Soviets, and saved themselves, with no outside help.)

Eric The Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:23:35 PM EDT
[#29]
My dad always said there were no people more generous than Americans.  He lived through the Korean War as a kid and saw alot of American GIs get killed.  

I am proud to be a rude and loud mouthed American. I also like them Aussie girls!  Ok... any girl!  Its not penis envy, its wallet envy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top