Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2001 6:19:56 PM EDT
Six months ago I moved from the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia to a free state.  I am itching to buy anything that I couldn't buy there.  One of the many items on my list is the Benelli M1 Tactical semi-auto with Kali illegal "evil" pistol grip.  Anyone have one of these?  What's your opinion?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
contact class3 supply in hermitage pa to have your barrel docked to 10.5in.

i love mine! [shotgun]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyway you dress it "Momma Mia THATS ITALIAN!" The benelli shotgun M1S90 or M3S90 is THE shotgun to have if you want to be on the top of the auto combat shotgun foodchain. They are not maintenance free but nearly so. I know of one gun that fired over 3600 rounds in 2 days with out maintenance or cleaning and this was one of their "run of the mill" hunting guns. If you are debating...don't. Get a paper route if you need too and buy one. They are great.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
 If you are going for an M1 super90, never mind the pistol grip.  Get a M1 field, synthetic and buy a 19.5 inch rifle sight bbl and an extended mag tube.  You then have an outstanding hunting gun and a tactical shotgun with 8 rounds on tap.  You can use it for bowling pin matches, steel matches and IPSC type matches and home defense.  A pistol grip and five rounds just don't compare.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Drop the pistol grip and have a round extension on it.  It is a better deal.  I like the ghost ring sights.  My old eyes can pic it up without any problems.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I also say screw pistol grip, go hi-cap. All my friends are jealous cuz I am the coolest kid on the block with my 'nelli.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Pay a little more for a "preban" and get it all.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#8]
HANGFIRE is right again...

The other guys also have great ideas, depending on what you need it for.  But, pre-ban lets you do WHATEVER.
Options are nice to have.

Take a look at the Beretta 1201FP, also.  It's a close relative to the Benelli, as Beretta OWNS the majority stock of Benelli.
The Beretta 1201FPG3 is the pistogrip stock version.

Have fun shopping.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a Preban Benelli M1 tactical.
I will say that you can't match if for pure speed in chuck'in shells out. Recoil can be miserable with the full power loads like Winchester Double XX 3" with copperplated buckshot. (otherwise know as Supreme brand).
Some Benelli's can be picky when they are new, especially with the light loads like your basic rabbit and squirrel offerings. Sometimes these loads don't have enough to them to cycle the system all the time.  For a combat shotgun go with the pistolgrip it will assist in one hand firing and controlling recoil with the most powerful loadings.  If you aren't lucky enough to acquire an original Benelli with the one piece mag tube.  A two piece will suffice, but overall capacity will be deminished when loading with certain shells. I got 7 rounds in my benelli when using rabbit and squirrel loads, and 6 when I used double xx 3" buckshot.
The tactical is a nice setup, slightly shorter barrel as compared to original and your choice of three choke tubes. Buy a Benelli, it's the true master blaster.

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:05:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I love mine. Had a lot of fun with a watermelon a couple of saturdays ago. . .  :-)

Look about halfway down. . .
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=27189[/url]

btw. You can buy M1S90s all day long in CA. The Pistol Grip vs Extended Magazine law is federal, not state.

Shorty

{edited to add link}
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:50:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Couldn't be happier with mine. It just keeps going and going...

You could look at Beretta 1201FP also, they are the same gun with only some minor difference. Beretta makes the barrels and Benelli makes the actions (or vis versa) on both the 1201 and Super-90's. The 1201's used to be to poor man's Super-90, but the prices have really gone up.
You do lose a round with the 1201 though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top