Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2001 5:32:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember about 10-15 years back, Sarco had de-milled flame-throwers advert. in shotgun news.  If I remember right, they were complete and pretty cheap.  I was going to buy one for a display, but never did.  This was about the time they had M1903's and A3's cut in (5) pieces for $24.95 each.  I was dumb not to grab a few, because a buddy did and the rifles that were cut were in exellent condition.  The mint sights and barrel bands were worth the $24.95 alone!!!

Sorry, I kind of got off topic here.....

OSA
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Howdy Neighbor!

How was the show?  I'd love to buy it but alas, I have a gold band on my left ring finger that somehow prevents me from being able to purchase fun expensive toys.  Strange, I didn't have this condition prior to the gold ring several years ago...[;)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#5]
My boss wanted to buy one.  He always said that if a burgler came to the house he would be in for a suprise.  I tried to explain that that wouldn't work, the house would go up in flames.

He didn't seem to be listening as he pretened to be torching the burlar while making a "whosh" sound.  "Can you imagine the cops chasing after some guy in flames?  Boy would he be suprised." he would say.  We tried to convince him it woulnd't work but he was adamant, geez that guy was funny.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
whoo-hoo, you can own a flamethrower.  but how would you charge it?  it would do you as much good as owning a demilled howitzer.
[pyro]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Just imagine .... be the 1st in your 'hood to do a drive-by with a flamethrower. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]
These pre or post ban. [;)]

Uhh, are their flash hiders with these things?  
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#10]
That would definately be the ultimate in home defense. . . and then you could send the family a bill for an impromptu cremation!

[pyro]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#11]
jnewman1 "charging it" would only consist of filling the tanks with diesil fuel and then filling the nitrogen tank with the specified PSI of nitrogen gas.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
jnewman1 "charging it" would only consist of filling the tanks with diesil fuel and then filling the nitrogen tank with the specified PSI of nitrogen gas.
View Quote

when was the last time you tryed to ignite diesel fuel?  it either needs to be atomized or compressed.  you can soak your clothes in diesel and take a zippo to them...  you ain't gonna ingnite
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, but I dare you to soak yourself in diesel and then let this guy take his flamethrower to you. I guarantee you would ignite.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#14]
For flamethrowers used in agricultural settings (lighting heaters on subfreezing winter nights), I believe the tanks are filled about halfway with a 50/50 mix of diesel and gas. You then charge it by filling the tank to about 120 psi courtesy of the air compressor in the workshop or shed. Agri-flame throwers shoot about 50 feet, though when lighting heaters you drive up much closer. [pyro]

Don't know how much the commercial agricultural ones cost, but I don't think they're that expensive. They're not portable, however; you need something like a Kawasaki Mule or big ATV to carry one.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Breath of the Dragon by Ragnar Benson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top