Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2001 11:15:01 AM EDT
As I mentioned in my last post of "outrage..." Bass Pro has dramatically changed their tone regarding shooting paramilitary rifles/ pistol gripped weapons at their ranges.  VICTORY!!!! Thanks for the support and for everyone's email and telephone complaints- they made a big difference!  You have my hearty thanks for a job well done!
 Regards,
Rich
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The new policy is: no high powered rifle fmj's, no incendiary, armor piercing, exploding ammo, etc.  No full auto or bursts, and no illegal firearms.  Everything else (including the beloved AR-15) may be shot there.  We have defeated the soccer moms- thanks to everyone here!   You guys are wonderful- thanks again!
 [beer]

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Sticking together and supporting one another is the ONLY way we have of winning any of this crap.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Is 5.56mm considered high powered?  So no FMJ?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Now we just have to work on the full autos & three shot bursts...
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#7]
If we are so quick to call and email about the bad they do, we should do the same for their good.  I encourage everyone to call or email Bass Pro and let them know that you appreciate their change of heart.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is 5.56mm considered high powered?  So no FMJ?
View Quote

Good question.  What is the deal with that?  What are your options for AR ammo?

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you know if this is company wide?  We had one in Michigan with the same draconian rules.

Thanks for the Information.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#10]
This is a company wide policy now.  The store in Michigan has been informed of this and they now follow the new policy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, 5.56 is considered a 'high-power' caliber.  Most ranges do not allow any centerfire rifle rounds in fmj.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
The company's policy has been made clear to every single store's general manager.  If anyone encounters any problems with a legal weapon not being allowed on the range, please instruct the manager to contact Steve Kuhn at (417) 873-4796.  I have been assured that you will not encounter any problems.  I guess we'll have to test the policy and then see for sure.
 -Rich
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for clarifying that for them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is 5.56mm considered high powered?
View Quote

Who knows. [i]That's not a question.[/i]

To the media a damn rock is "high-powered," normal most people (& ranges) consider any centerfire high-powered. Whatever it means, caliber doesn't seem to have much to do with it (anyone doubt the Remington 17 is "high-powered"?).

To the NRA hipower means a "service rifle," or "match rifle." The service rifle category is generally limited to either the unmodified M1, M14, M16, or their commercial equivalents. Match rifles typically are of custom make, conforming to the desires of the shooter. They are more free of regulations than are the service rifles. All shooting, with the exception of limited long range events, are done only with metallic aperture, or peep, sights.
[url]http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/2325/hipower.html#Intro[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#16]
With the ammo restriction, it's pretty much common sense-  the backstop at the range is not designed for FMJ's or any ammo moving faster than 3500 fps.    At least that's what Steve Kuhn said.  I'm sure that the backstop could take a little more than that, but I would say that something like the .340 Weatherby would be about maximum.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#17]
SO?!...What's the e-mail for the "attaboys" & "thanks for changing your mind so we can have more fun"???

We SHOULD let them know we're happy about it.
AND, the SoccerMoms will now see the "Bad Boys" showing up and being polite and nice and carrying those MANLY GUNS!!!
This has to be a good thing...

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#18]
here is the email address you requested- everyone from the former thread knows it already...

[url][email protected][/url]

The guy's name is Steve Kuhn- he is one of the big wigs over there, so tell him to please forward the "atta-boy's" to his store managers as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the link.  Here's what I sent:

A hearty thank you for your recent changes to your in-store range
policies.
Many good Citizens will be happy to know they can shoot their favorite
firearms at your establishment without the stigma of being "politically
incorrect".
Almost as good as the "good old days" when we didn't give it a second
thought.
Thanks again, and, I'm sure the word of mouth will be good for business.

Congratulations on a very good decision.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top