Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2001 7:37:56 AM EDT
This from your democrat opponents.  I got this from democraticunderground.com as they were discussing democrats who are gun owners.  It was a fairly decent thread, posters saying that they own firearms, but then this guy chimes in:

Well im a gun owner as well and a former NRA member....Where I draw the line is at ridiculous folks who want anything available to them....I own several handguns, shotguns and a muzzleloader.....BUT that said.....why does anyone need an AK or a AR-15....Thats where the NRA and I part company..If you want to have a pistol or a shotgun to protect your property thats fine...but why anyone needs a fully-auto weapon is beyond me....
View Quote

The fact that I'm banned from there REALLY makes me mad.  I can't go there to tell this uninformed idiot that [size=2]MOST[/size=2] AK's and AR's are ONLY semi-auto.  Apparently, he things that anyone with an AK or an AR has a fully auto weapon.  He's been watching TV too much!  [puke]

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
dontworry ill go tell em for ya
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
So what if this guy is a NRA and a gunowner(big f'deal), it doesn't qualify him to judge whether a person is allowed to own an AR15 or not.  His opinion carries no more weight than yours or mine. Yeah right, I think they should ban all "semi-automatic and automatic weapons too!" (NOT!)
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate pricks like this.  He seems to think that because he owns only pistols, a couple of shotguns and a muzzleloader that he is somehow better than us "gun crazed" wackos who own AR-15's, AKs, etc.  I wonder if he realizes that it is his beloved pistols that are used to commit the majority of gun related crimes?  So before he starts getting high and mighty, maybe he better reconsider his position.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#4]
As of a minute ago THREE people have corrected nyliberal's misstatement.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I told him...
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:22:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Ignorance has no political boundary.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#8]
everyone that comes to this site buys and manufacture illegal wepons right? I mean it's not like we really apreceate a fine firearm like the AR15. Just joking!Chill ATF dude.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#9]
This is why I don't like calling a semi AR15 an 'assault rifle'.  I prefer 'sport utility rifle' simply because morons like this have incorrectly applied the term to semiauto rifles and freak out when they see one.  I know the 1996 AW ban defines an AR15 semi as an assault rifle, but the true definition is that it has to be select fire.  All this because of morons like that guy in the article.  Then you get idiots like Feinstein getting up before an audience with an AK that she can't load and uses the term 'spray and shoot'.  The sheeple believe her because they never bother to check anything out for themselves.  I don't know about you, but with a semi, I aim each shot.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to those who 'went to my aide' at democraticunderground.com !  Burn, you pretty much said what I WOULD have said if I were able to get on.  With what you said, though, I think it's just a matter of time before they ban you too!  hehehe

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Orion, go back and read some more.  Tell me what you think. (rx7turbo).  I looked around a little over there.  They think we are radical???  These people are out there and boy do they love name calling.  Also read my response to Kali, who equated Bush to Hitler.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Which forum? What thread?

Thanks

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#13]
It is on the home page, lower right.  It did not seem to be in the Forums section.  The only place I found it was on the home page.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Arc Angel:
I hate pricks like this.  He seems to think that because he owns only pistols, a couple of shotguns and a muzzleloader that he is somehow better than us "gun crazed" wackos who own AR-15's, AKs, etc.  
View Quote

Frankly, I want little pukes like that to think I'm "gun crazed" and to fear me.

THAT is the whole point. MAINLY because its little pukes like him who end up in gov't, and I want him to know from the git-go that I, the citizen, hold the ultimate power of veto, that I am very skilled in its use, and that any military he sends to crush my Constitutional rights will have one HELL of a fight on his hands.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#15]
That guy's logic makes no sense.  For home defense, a 2/3 rnd burst would be ideal.  

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That guy's logic makes no sense.  For home defense, a 2/3 rnd burst would be ideal.  

View Quote

Take that logic a step further.

Most criminals KNOW its near impossible for the home owner to own a full auto (i.e. cost is prohibitive)

If it were the other way around, and the criminal knew that not only was full auto possible, but a likelihood to be the choice of the home owner for self-defense, he'd NEVER choose to commit the crime in the first place.

Fact is, his revolver, shotgun and muzzle loader are the LEAST EFFECTIVE firearms available today for home defense. (other than perhaps a blunderbuss)

What a maroon.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Still posting away over there. It's kind of fun. They have absolutly NO game when it comes to debate.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Heeeyyyyy... They quit playing [:(]. Took their toys and went home.

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I got booted off Demo Underground after ONE POST.

It was a little thread about how I appreciated the historical importance of my Garand. All I talked about was wondering about the man who carried it, what battles it saw, and the place it played in American freedoms. REAL radical, controversial stuff. NOT.

They gave me the boot.

I e-mailed them for THREE WEEKS looking to get re-instated, or an explanation of the objectionable nature of my post. Nuthin'.

They are "Democratic" like I am "open minded."

Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They are "Democratic" like I am "open minded."
View Quote

Actually, they ARE "Democratic", which is three wolves and a sheep sitting at the table trying to decide what to have for supper. Fortunately, we do not live in a democracy. We live in a republic. These people just don't get it, though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Proud to say I've been banned about 7 times from DU.

Bunch of close-minded hissy-fit throwing freaks.

Wanna piss them off?  Just tell them how you really feel.  They hate the truth about themselves.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#22]
What really chaps me is when the liberals use the arguement that nobody "needs" an AR15.  Well, there are a lot of things I don't need.  It could be said that the only thing you NEED is 1500 calories a day and water; Everything else is a luxury.

I don't need a car capable of going 130mph.
I don't need to go to a baseball game.
I don't need clothes, but I will wear them to keep from embarrasing the rest of you.
Don't need a cell phone.
Don't need cable TV.
Why can't have the poor just defend themselves in court, if they are innocent they really don't need a lawyer.
Don't need no color TEEEVEEE.

MOney for Nothing and your chicks......    Oh Sorry I started singing.

And were do they get off calling themselves LIBERALs?  Or the more PC term progressive. UGH, it just chaps me.

FMCDH
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#23]
OK, They are back to play again... Heh  Need some more god fearing, gun toting people to head on over and assist me in the fight!  

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Which forum? What thread?

Thanks

Aviator
View Quote

This should help...

[url]http://www.democraticunderground.com/cgi-bin/duforum/duboard.cgi?az=list_threads&om=69&forum=DCForumID32[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:53:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, I got in three of four posts before they banned me. By gosh I am glad the Democrats think free speech is so important. Go on over and give em hell guys!

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm there.  Read bgolden's and acerbic's post.  Man, these people love to call names.  They really show their igorance when they compare us to Nazi's when they are more like the gun controlling Reich.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Larry G., those were some great posts you made.  In fact, they were so good, I'd be surprised if you won't soon be banned.  [:)]

I wish someone would go on and tell my story.  Banned ONLY because of my non-liberal beliefs.  My name was Jaden on that site.  

Anyway, like I said, you've all stated what I would have said, plus more that was even better.  

Thanks for jumping in to show some truth to them.

Molon Labe
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Orion, this one guy, acerbic, won't believe the quotes shown by Aviator unless he sees them in a 'credible news source'.  I use the username of 'rx7turbo' and he even stoops to insulting my car.  Christ, these people are unbelievable.  Oh, by the way, we are a 'kook' site.  Can you imagine the gall of them calling us 'kooks'?  Those people are extermists of the highest order.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#30]
HEY JADEN!!

Nice to put a name with a.... name?

I sure wish I knew who OSD was.  About the only sensible one there that doesn't worship Stalin or Marx.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 2:28:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Banned twice from DU, once after 7 or so posts, and next after one, when I politely agreed with some misinformation, and provided links to the facts of the subject at hand. They are completely "democratic", majority rules, and the majority didn't like me.

Also, elitist gun owners like this one(who might not own anything) who profess to be good moderate and sensible people "cuz they don't own none of them ass-ult rifles, they're too responsible" make me sick. These people who can feel good to know that they don't have any baby-killing evil guns are just the sort who will turn them over top the feds willingly. They are still sheep, with no concept of the militia of citizenry(or if they do, it scares the hell out of them), and they are hardly our allies.

20 years from now, bolt and lever actions, a system of rifle oporation dating back over a century, will be declaimed by these "reasonable" people everywhere to be tremendous overkill, and terribly dangerous. No sporting purpose, and all that... At the same time, FN 5.7 AP ammo will be standard issue in the US.

BTW, I've been to busy in the last couple of days, but darn, it's good to be back![:D]

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:15:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Actually a REAL AK and the original AR are/were capable fully automatic fire. And yes I do think I should have one or both.

I suggest you write them not us about it. your preaching to the choir here.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#33]
I have a story this really happen! i was working
at a construction company i was talking with so called fellow gun nuts this is what i get "YOU DON'T NEED A AK47 or AR15" and i get called a psyco for having such guns i just down right tell them do you think your guns are safe! replyed NO! well good because there NOT! just
because you own a certain type of gun does not mean a hill of beans to politian's they want them all torched and scrapped.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, Goet.  I was Jaden.  The second time (which didn't last long at all), I was Mogul.  

It really surprises me that OSD IS still on there.  I've always considered his posts more 'combative' than mine were.  I STILL don't know why they singled me out.  Only thing I can think of is that not only was I pro gun, but I was anti abortion, and also a Christian.  I guess, for me, it was "three strikes, and I was out".  

Are you still on there?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Orion, I'm having some fun over there.  I am amazed at myself for not losing it and unloading on some of these idiots, but they are so funny and it is more effective to be kind to the more misguided fools.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Still hanging in there...

...I'm the guy with the ponytail and goatee and glasses trying to get ritc2750 to say something rational and not have a cow.

Any bets on how long I last?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Go read my reply to him, about how the types of guns he owns (handguns and shotguns) are used more in crimes than AR's and how his hunting rifle will soon be classified as a 'sniper rifle'.  I stated that those probably the types of guns he owns since he doesn't like AR's.  Read some of the posts by bgolden.  I think this guy is schizoid.  A raving lunatic.  Contradicts himself.  I am posting as rx7turbo.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#38]
You know, I actually doubt the guy even owns a gun. He probably thinks he would sound a lot more legit as coming from "our side" of the argument. Still looking on that "I don't care about crime, I just want to get the guns" Quote.

Aviator
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#39]
You guys are doing a great job over there.  But if you could add one thing about the topic of getting a fully automatic rifle (along with what you stated already), in order to get one of these gems, you should expect to shell out SEVERAL thousand dollars.  $4,000...$5,000...$12,000....even higher!!

Again, good job.  Wish I could join you!  [:(]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Actually getting kind of tired of it now.  You can only beat your head against a wall for so long, know what I mean.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#41]
i like how when presented with facts the resorted to name calling and BS statistics and when those BS statistice are shown to stink they still spout em
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top