Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2001 6:05:49 AM EDT
If you have what are your thoughts on the book? Most of it BS or what?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:31:05 AM EDT
[#1]
It's outdated, and nearly everything in the book is bunk or oversimplified, from the drugs to the explosives to the weapons.  It's basically worthless, especially in the age of the internet.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]
poor mans james bond is a little better but not much. most of the things in the books could be figured out by common sense except for all the chemical names.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]
What they said.  Pretty worthless...maybe entertaining at best.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I looked through a copy of it that a friend had and decided it was worthless.  The procedure listed for making nitroglycerin is missing at least one very important step.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:13:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I looked through a copy of it that a friend had and decided it was worthless.  The procedure listed for making nitroglycerin is missing at least one very important step.
View Quote

yeah you have to carefully watch the temp or KAKA BOOM
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
           YOU WIN. Exactaly what I thaught about the entire book pretty much.Almost entertaining almost.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:11:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Worthless - my high school chem class taught me far more about explosives - but then again the teacher was a pyro.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#9]
In Omaha, where I bought my copy, they make you sign for the book.
[smoke]
Of course, they didn't ask me for id.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:15:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Mostly worthless. I found the "Get Even" series much more entertaining. I found some truly useful stuff in there [}:D]
View Quote
     I have to agree. Dose anyone have a favorite book of this type they would like to share with the class?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:18:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mostly worthless. I found the "Get Even" series much more entertaining. I found some truly useful stuff in there [}:D]
View Quote

Anyone know of any good locations to order this on the internet?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Much of the information in ACB is worthless.

For the REAL stuff I recommend a couple of the US Army's technical manuals:

- Incendaries, and

- Improvised Munitions
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anybody care to share their favorite revenge techniques?[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:38:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Anyone know of any good locations to order this on the internet?
View Quote
 YES i'll tell ya if you tell me what your name means. Try Palladin Press I think thats how you spell it.I'd prefer to purchase mine at a gun show.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:49:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:06:08 AM EDT
[#17]
thebeekeeper1,

I thought "Sweaty Betty" was his pickup truck.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a copy of it on CD. I can burn a copy or 2 if you want it. Maybe send via E-mail if you have a fast access.
Scott
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#20]
ACB is a waste and it has been for years.  The intro is a bore and takes up too much space.  Buy any of the drug precursors and you're under investigation.  Poor Man's James Bond also has errors.

George Hayduke's get even books are much better, and the Paladin press is always entertaining, but be advised, all that stuff is subject to errors.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Guys whatever you do... DON'T ATTEMPT ANYTHING IN THAT BOOK!!!

I had a really cool chem teacher in high school, so I took my copy in for him to look at (he only heard of it, and wanted to read it). Well two days later he returned it with a stern look. He explained to me that every recipe/formula is wrong and that I should really throw it away (I didn't, I still have my copy).

But then I said, "What about the Improvised Munitions Black Book?" (a reprint from United States Army, Special Warfare School, Fort Bragg, North Carolina). That perked his interest... Dropped off my two volume set. A couple of days later he asked me meet him after school in the chem lab.

Showed up and he a smile on his face, and said "Wanna make some plastic explosive?" From there we spent a week after school making all sorts of fun stuff and blowing up a bunch of stuff on school grounds. Way cool.

So I agree with California Kid, pick up the "Improvised Munitions Balck Book Vol. 1, 2" ISBN 0-87947-204-9, 0-87947-204-7 if you want to have fun. I thought I saw Vol. 3 somewhere... but not sure.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
...maybe entertaining at best.
View Quote

That just about sums it up.  Some of the stuff is very dangerous. However it is some interesting reading.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By California Kid:
Much of the information in ACB is worthless.

For the REAL stuff I recommend a couple of the US Army's technical manuals:

- Incendaries, and

- Improvised Munitions
View Quote

I agree. But, for myself, the stuff in their is just plane scary. I just wanted to learn how to make model rocket motors.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Dear brothers-in-arms:
The Anarchist's Cookbook was the FIRST popularly available book of that type published. It's main intent was to shock. It was successful.

RE: Nitro manufacture.
If you have no SERIOUS background in chemistry, I dont care WHO wrote the book - DONT DO IT ! Nitro manufacture is extremely UNforgiving. One mistake is your last mistake.

A very credible author named Tim Lewis was publishing a great little book for people with little knowledge or experience that walks you through the process of making RDX (the base explosive in military C-4).
A mistake, and you COULD burn the house down, but I have never heard of it going off. All of the chemicals are REAL chemicals and substitutes like 97% Plumber's sulphuric acid can be used with a decent grade of Potassium Nitrate to make red fuming Nitric for processing hexamethalinetetramine into RDX, but you wont find reference to draino, household ammonia, etc... You will have to make some purchases from some chem supplier, and shop first. Places that sell to schools are the worst. Avoid American Scientific like the plague. Fireworks suppliers are the safest, but here again, you must use some sense. If you order everything from one supplier to make, say, flashpowder and nothing else, it will ring alarm bells. BIG TIME. You will gain a popularity you dont want. Pay a little extra and buy seconds from someone that isnt required to keep records.

The Poor Man's James Bond is plagarist "Kurt Saxon's" pieced together publication. I wrote him in the 80's about several discrepancies in formulas. He admitted there had been 'mistakes'.
He is a BS artist and poorly knowledgable about anything but making money.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#26]
i bought the anarchist cookbook when i was fourteen.  after 2 years of college chemistry with honors, i can tell you it's crap.  NOW i know how to make the *real* shit...
[grenade]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Did Tim have a copy of that book?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:13:19 AM EDT
[#28]
You people scare me [rolleyes]

Yup, go with the Improvised Munitions Manual for "Informational use ONLY"  Pick up an extra 1 or 2 to keep in a safe place ( and put a saftey lock on it, too) [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top