Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 9:47:25 PM EDT
I want to test some longer (longer than mag-length) rounds in my SP-1 which has a mile of freebore. Is there any advantage to using a single-load follower or can I just load a single round into a standard mag?

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#1]
take this topic to the compitition forum and you will get an argument going. I use a single follower in all slow stages of compition as it lets me load long rounds smoothly. It can be a pain in the arse but it can be a life saver when time is important.... you are trying to get 20 well aimed  600 yard shots off in 20 minutes, it's raining the wind is blowing, having a tough time seeing the target,  drop a round in through the ejection port. release the bolt and slam , it's all bent to shi$. wish you had the single follower!  Or some days you just wish this damn thing wasnt in the mag as it makes one of your mags special and usless for anything else..pat
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Might be a good use for the USA mag you've got kicking around?????

Norm
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
If you ever go to a range where they limit you to one round at a time, (sucks, but is the case here locally) you will appreciate a single round follower in your magazine.  It is the only use for a POS USA magazine, as suggested by Norm G, and I originally bought mine for the slow fire 600 yard targets.  I use 80 grain bullets, and they can't be magazine fed.

I even started using them in my bolt rifles, for easier loading at my 1 shot range! [:(]

I think they are worth the frustration they save you!

Troy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top