Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 5:38:14 PM EDT
I'm so sick of this "you not conservative enough" bullshit.

Why in world would you attack another gun owner?  It is stupid plain and simple.  

ANY gun owner is your friend and I think many people here have gotten way to extreme and forgotten that.

Think about what the Antis have done to you.  You worry about your guns, magazines, whether your barrel is to short, long, threaded, and so on.  Your head is spinning so much that you attack other gun owners for not worrying as much as you.  

THAT is the day that we have lost our rights and you are making it happen.

I don't need to own a preban or even an AR to be a Gun owning brother and whether I picket congress or join the NRA or nothing we still share a common love of guns.  

THAT is the point and I think we all need to remember that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Think about what the Antis have done to you.  You worry about your guns, magazines, whether your barrel is to short, long, threaded, and so on.  Your head is spinning so much that you attack other gun owners for not worrying as much as you.  

View Quote

Admit to owning unregistered NFA weapons, and your argument will be stronger.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Not "all gun owners are your friends". Anyone that enjoys the freedoms of our country but isn't willing to take a stand to defend those freedoms is not my friend.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#3]
So insulting them and making them vote against us is smart?

Wake up people.  The more people YOU alienate the more freedom YOU lose.  

If you want to fight politicians you need to learn how.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't care how they vote. My freedom is guaranteed in the 2nd amendment. It's not about what the people think, whats popular at the moment. I am tired of this crap where we all need to get along. I know what my rights are and I don't think much of people who stand around while there are idiots out there who think by voting one way or the other that they can take those rights from me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

We have been fighting your way since 1934 and losing. We have been polite, and nice, and even asked them "Pretty please don't pass this bill!" and we have been losing, the whole time.

It's time to get hardcore! It's time to say enough of this crap! And it's time to insult the manhood of EVERY man that does not join the fight! If you don't FIGHT tooth and nail for the 2nd, you should be buying your underwear at Victoria's Secret!
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

We have been fighting your way since 1934 and losing. We have been polite, and nice, and even asked them "Pretty please don't pass this bill!" and we have been losing, the whole time.

It's time to get hardcore! It's time to say enough of this crap! And it's time to insult the manhood of EVERY man that does not join the fight! If you don't FIGHT tooth and nail for the 2nd, you should be buying your underwear at Victoria's Secret!
View Quote

Two words. Civil disobedience. Practice it. I do. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#8]
You guys are still missing the point.

Take the "deer hunter" to the range, let him shoot your AR.  Make friends with him so he understands your point of view.

Act responsible at the range.  Make friends and let people know that AR owners aren't a bunch of crazy extreme hillbillies.

If anything this idea of trying to intimidate people is making our rights disapere faster then ever.  There have been more anti gun laws past in the last decade then ever before.

The only way we carry any weight is WITH all gun owners.  

Politicians only care about getting re-elected and they don't really care about 1 million black rifle owners, but they DO care about 70 million gun owners.  Without there numbers are ARs are as good as gone.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:38:48 AM EDT
[#10]
That's it, most Gun owners haven't lost anything from their point of view.

The only people that have lost anything are the "crazy" assault weapons owners.

And how the hell would they know?  Almost no one knows what the laws are.

Look at Mass. the Attorney General signed the new pistol laws into affect without any warning.

I'm not making excuses for them, just letting you know how it is.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:58:48 AM EDT
[#11]
GeoffM24...not all gunowners are friends...too many who don't own "assault rifles" don't care if they get banned or not because they don't think it will "affect" them.  This is the slippery slope theory.  Eventually, other guns get banned etc.  Look how many gun owners in this state continue to vote for Democrats (I know not all are anti-gun) etc.  Sorry, but these people who own guns and continue to vote for anti-gun politicians are not MY friends!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:29:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Admit to owning unregistered NFA weapons, and your argument will be stronger

I only onw one NFA weapon and its registerd.

[b]ken2483: GeoffM24...not all gunowners are friends...too many who don't own "assault rifles" don't care if they get banned or not because they don't think it will "affect" them. This is the slippery slope theory. Eventually, other guns get banned etc. Look how many gun owners in this state continue to vote for Democrats (I know not all are anti-gun) etc. Sorry, but these people who own guns and continue to vote for anti-gun politicians are not MY friends! [/b]

You hit the nail right on the head gun owners won't stick together because a lot of them don't
know what's going on or don't really care at all. i told a few out there what's going on all
i get is "YOU DON'T NEED A AR15" i tell them shut the fuck up buddy i don't tell you what you can have or not. also i get this alot "MY GUNS AREN"T RGISTERD THEY DON'T KNOW I HAVE THEM" well when guns are outlawed then you will be a felon might get 5Year's in prision for owning guns. eye's light up. see i have no friends and i cannot trust nobody but myself.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:33:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cav guy:
I don't care how they vote. My freedom is guaranteed in the 2nd amendment. It's not about what the people think, whats popular at the moment. I am tired of this crap where we all need to get along. I know what my rights are and I don't think much of people who stand around while there are idiots out there who think by voting one way or the other that they can take those rights from me.
View Quote

Now no one jump all over me for this one, read all of what I say and don't pick the parts that you don't agree with and then make me an outcast. I think that it is practices like this that cause so much strife in the first place in any group of people. That being said, I don't think that the second amendment protects our freedom like we think it does. A lot of the time while watching people debate the issue of gun control I see anti-gunners throw out many shocking facts and statistics about the damage that guns cause while the pro-gun people say "well, the second amendment protects our right to own guns." Although I agree 100% the argument is getting tired and week. This fact alone has failed to secure out rights and we are loosing the debate. I think that we the gun culture need to be more educated in the entire realm of gun control. If this last statement has offended you, then take the initiative to throw out some good oldfangled facts whenever possible. I have not used the 2nd in a speech, debate, or paper for four years now. The 2nd goes without saying. Armed with mere fact one can decimate any anti-gun opponent, and the fact that you do it with out the 2nd multiplies your effectiveness 10 fold. Now I am also not saying that we should no longer stress the second amendment, but I am saying that we cannot beat the anti-gun movement into submission with it. We need to educate ourselves to a higher level. That being said, I am sure that what I have done is in large part preaching to the quire on this site, and I am sorry. However it is true that the facts alone reduce the anti-gun position to absurdity.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:42:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I think you are missing his point.  He is not saying that we should be kissing their asses.  He is saying we should be a little more strategic about our dealings with them.  Current gun owners are probably the easiest to sway to our side, so why childishly insult them when they disagree with our right to own black rifles.  Why not take them out for a beer and intelligently explain ourselves?  It is a lot easier to call them commie bastards or whatever else I see slung around all the time but it is VERY counter-productive to our cause.  Don't confirm the BS stereotype of black rifle owners fed to them by the panty-waste anti's.

In a nutshell, don't push people away who we have a chance of converting...however remote it is.  And yes,  it does take a whole lot of effort.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#15]
They can't have my pre-ban, period.  [8D]

One reason people associate "conservatism" with pro- 2nd amendment, and "left-winged liberalism" with anti gunners, is that LEFT-WINGED LIBERALS ARE THE ONES TRYING THE HARDEST TO TAKE AWAY OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS!

Once again, you make the mistake that everyone thinks (or should) like you do!  If so, all would be great.  Wake Up!  We can "nice" away all of our rights trying to befriend everybody.  Not that we shouldn't recruit more people to the dark rifle side, but those that think their type of weapon is OK, but others don't need things like FS, threaded barrels, collapsible stocks can kiss my [moon]

This is not a majority rules issue, this is a basic right of free men!  Everytime some $8,000.00 trap gun owner looks down his nose at my pre-ban AR and says; "He doesn't need that.", he has crossed the line to the anti-gunners / anti-rights side of the issue.  He is no longer one of my gun owning "brothers", but a sheeple, and part of the problem.

The day you lose your rights, is the day you let a public servant decide what firearm you can buy or not.  Oh, that's right, your rights are already lost!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:10:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top