Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2001 5:32:50 PM EDT
There are so many interesting things happening today, I hate to miss out on them. The future is going to be real exciting and I won't be around to see and experience it. The future of space travel, general medicine, cures for horrible desieses, regional wars, conflicts of religion, technology, and all the small advancments of of every day life.

I'm 51 now, so I figure if I stay healthy, I will probably die in 25-35 years. And that may be streaching it a bit.

But then again, if I lived to be 100, I would probably feel like I do now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe 150 would be better.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
My desire is to die at the age of 105 years. At the hands of a jealous husband. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a doctor who said that the body was designed to live 120 years if people would do healthy things.

He was in perfect health in his 60's and surfed daily. He was in the physical condition of someone in their 20's, the ONLY reason he died in his 60's was due to a surfing accident.

When I find the info about him again i'll post it.

With the constant improvments in medicine people will be living longer.

Just a thought!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Fifty-one, huh?
Then you also remember looking at Barris' "Futuristic 1970 Thunderbird," read everything Asimove wrote by the time you were 15, & tried to imagine how the world would be in 1970/80?
The year 2000 was so far off, that you didn't even bother to imagine anything??
All you could (& didn't want to) imagine is that you DID manage to last that long, how friggen [b]OLD[/b] you'd be???
[:E][:\] [>:/]  [xx(]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Then they come along and raise the retirement age...want to work till 125? At 53, I realize my future is in the past, game almost over.
View Quote

Just think, with these cloning experiments you could LIVE ALL OVER AGAIN [:D]......

Just like Molly the sheep [:D] !
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell, just freeze your head when you die. Then you can be reanimated at a later date! If they can ever get it right, you could be a 350 year old fart with a new body. You would be on every news station in the galaxy and think of all the chicks!

Michael
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top