Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 1:23:23 AM EDT
It's been a while since I fired a M16.  I only had to qual on them once a year.  If I remember right doesn't the trigger guard on the M16 fold down out of the way in case you have to shoot with mittens or gloves on?  Also, I see a roll pine in my trigger guard at the end closest to the grip.  If I were to remove this would it give my AR the same feature?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 1:26:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Your AR should have this feature, on the right hand front side of the trigger guard should be a small hole for you to stick a bullet tip in to depress a little piece of plastic, then you can drop the trigger guard down by rotating it towards the grip.   The little hole to stick the bullet tip in will be on the same side as the magazine release.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah.. just checked it out.  Thanks for the info.

DG84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top