Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2004 11:51:16 AM EDT
Just when you thought Mass. couldn't get any worse:

www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/B58860/

BOSTON -- Republican Gov. Mitt Romney and his "reform candidates" suffered a serious defeat at the polls Tuesday, failing to pick off any Democratic incumbents and losing three seats in the most fiercely contested House and Senate elections in a decade.

Democrats, who currently hold all but 29 seats in the 200-member Legislature, increased their ranks by at least one seat in the Senate and two in the House by winning open seats previously held by Republicans. The GOP also held on to a House seat left vacant in March when a Republican won a special election to the Senate.

The results leave Republicans with just six of 40 Senate seats and 21 of 160 House seats.

***FWIW:  Bush recieved the majority of the vote in 44 Massachusetts towns, including mine!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Blue_Monkey, I left MA for NC on Oct. 19, not one day too soon.   I see even New Hampshire has been despoiled by liberals moving from MA.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top