Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2004 11:04:30 AM EDT
4 more years of Bush, and strengthened majorities in the house and senate....

The threat of a new AWB is dead for the forseeable future, and in 4 years when crime has not risen because of the sunset it will stay dead regardless of who is in office.

What are our chances of getting rid of some other crap, specifilcally the import ban and MG ban?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I dont see anyone passing any pro gun bills, mainly we play defense
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
NO, we need to hammer our Senators and Reps to push for something like National CCW.  The best defense is a good offense.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it means that there's NO CHANCE of any new legislation, but I'm not sure it means anything in terms of rolling back any existing stuff.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I think that protecting gun makers against frivolous lawsuits will be high on the NRA agenda. I'd like to see the MG manufacturing ban lifted too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Hold the line.

Work on Natonal CCW, although I'm not convinced that a Federal CCW is in our best interest.  Better to keep working on the state level where it's been VERY successful and try for some sort of nationwide reciprocity.

Get rid of that damned "sporting purposes" bullshit.

89 machine gun ban.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, the way I see it, the Republicans still control the House and the Senate, and the White House.  Bush can't be reelected, so he can stop being reclusive as far as RKBA goes.   He should come out and state his support for the 2nd Amendment.   MAYBE after we get a few more conservatives in the SCOTUS.   Then start on repealing some crappy laws.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#8]
It means that it hasn't looked this good for us since the 30s or so. The anti-gun movement is dead in the water, and we have a good chance of passing some moderate pro-gun measures, like Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms. Repealing the MG ban and the import ban should be on the table too. National CCW reciprocity might have a chance too, but there's quite a few thorns in that one (some states don't give anyone CCWs. Will I be able to carry there with my out of state CCW? Will their residents be able to carry with non-resident CCWs from other states).
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#9]
you guys who live in states with some pro gun representatives and senators need to start writing some letters
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

good call.... lets get that european crap out of here.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good call.... lets get that european crap out of here.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top