Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2001 7:06:05 PM EDT
Thursday I recieved my brand new cat right out of the box.  An A-15 with 20 inch stainless barrel, nice bipod, and a tatical scope "some knock off brand for KOREA."  To say the least i tore out of work at 9 am the next day. And went to a local shooting pit, "ex-gravel pit" remeber we are in Idaho.  I spent Friday seasoning the barrel.  The first 25 round took 6 hours of antipaction.  Then 75 more and she was broken in!!  The next day i hooked up with my buddy Jeff and the real serious shooting began.  Because we are in Idaho and are born Idahoan the standard taget of choice to start out on when lining up a rifle is a 12 oz beer can standing up straight.  Pretty quick we were worked upto 200 yards and had the beer cans laying on the side, About a 3 inch target. My buddy kept muttering "this thing is obscene".  I have never owned a rifle so accurate in my life.  Well now for the acceptance test.  The target those 40 round 22 boxes which seem to litter the bed of my pickup.  We set them out to 250 yards, ran out of gravel pit, oh well.  The first shot still a little left.  a small adjustment, then started cutting those 2 by 1 inch red boxes in half.  Today I went down to the Snake River there is an excellent Gravel pit with a hugh brem on one side.  From the road to this brem is 550 yards.  Set up my target and adjust my scope and let'em fly.  Damn still a little to the left.  One click then made a nice group of three, one more click then finished out the 10 round mag.  I had a nice 1.25 inch group at 500 yards.  Next week We will be going out for coyotes!!!!!  In Idaho Coyote's are a shoot on sight predator year round.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a nice 1.25 inch group at 500 yards.
View Quote

Unless inch means foot in your world.. i'm gonna have to say, BS!!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I'm glad you like your rifle.  I gota call you on BS though... 1.25 @500 is world class shooting.  On a stock factory rifle....  ummm I gota call BS.

Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Can I see you oLympic Medal?
Yep I am an official smartass
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Not quite BS. Remember he said Panther which is DPMS. I have a similar rig with a 22" SSBB and at 500 yrds I can hit  a 3"X3" target all day long. as long as I compensate for the wind.
[img]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1698446&a=13044494&p=49227213&Sequence=0&res=low[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top