Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2004 7:44:00 AM EDT
I realize that this is water under the bridge but don't you need 270 votes to win.  So this asshat concedes before all votes are in.  Thank god he didn't win.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually, Bush only needed 269. A tie sends it to the House, where he would win 30-20 (Since each states' House delegation gets one vote.)
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes,but you know when you are going to lose
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it was done backwards... the news organizations didn't want to call the other states that would push Bush over the edge, because then the Dem's would be able to say that the media is biased for Bush.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
No, the media didn't call the Bush states because they didn't want Bush to win.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I realize that this is water under the bridge but don't you need 270 votes to win.  So this asshat concedes before all votes are in.  Thank god he didn't win.  

Bush won Navada about 20 minutes ago giving him 274.  (what a sweet number)
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#6]
President Bush won last night, but the media wouldn't call the states for him.

President Bush - 286 EVs
john kerry - 242 EVs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top