Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2001 6:24:09 PM EDT
Anybody here believe in that method for bidding in auctions? For those who don't know what that is, it's when you wait to the last minute (sometimes seconds) and then start to bid to see if you can win the auction at the very end (so that others may not have the time to counter your 'last bid').

I guess if your highest bid is just a little higher than the current high bid, then it would make sense to enter it at the last second so that nobody has a chance to counter it.  But that 'assumes' the current high bid is the maximum that bidder is willing to pay.  

The only reason this phenomenom occurs is because these auctions end at a ginve time as opposed to a live auction ending after 'all' bidding stops.  That would be the best for a seller as everyone has the opportunity to top anyone elses bid.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]
That works at AuctionArms, but not GunBroker (It just resets the closing time to 14 minutes later).
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish Ebay would do that......that's the seller in me talking!!  
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few items up for bid on Ebay right now if anyone wants to look click here  >> [url]http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=hommbs&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25[/url]
For all you guys who have wanted to sell stuff there I give the following advice.  Lots of good pictures and spell and list the item correctly.  Like I said before reloading gear seems to sell well there. It can be a lot of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top