Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2004 5:25:00 AM EDT
Reprinted from NewsMax.com
Wednesday, Nov. 3, 2004 9:11 a.m. EST
Barnicle: Kerry Expected to Concede at 1 p.m.

Longtime Kerry friend and Boston columnist Mike Barnicle said that after talking to Kerry campaign insiders he expects the top Democrat to concede the election to George Bush this afternoon.

"I got a sense among the command staff that early afternoon he'll step up and do the right thing here and concede the election," Barnicle told radio host Don Imus. Barnicle seemed to have more than just a hunch, pointing to 1 p.m. rather than the 10 a.m. time frame that the Kerry campaign offered last night as the time when they'd first comment on the election results.

Barnicle said the unnamed staffers he spoke to sounded resigned to the Bush win, but that the candidate didn't want to appear to be throwing in the towel until they had an opportunity to throughly review the Ohio tally in "the harsh light of day."

Early morning numbers showed Bush with a popular vote margin of more than 3 million, with a margin of 134,000 votes over Kerry in the Buckeye state.

comment : Let's hope this happens and Kerry shows some honor for once
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:27:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Winning the popular vote in 2000 and having a very small margin in FL gave them a permission slip to pull out all the stops to 'set things right' without looking like sore losers.  They do not have that this time, and risk looking really, really bad if they persue it when it's known to be futile.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:33:50 AM EDT
[#2]
We Need Kerry to Hold On - No Concession

Credit   KansasConservative1

I have always worried about the impact of 2000 where Gore's idiotic hold-out took its tole on the country. To quote Zel, "where have all the statesman gone?" My worry was that every election in the future, no matter how wide a gap, would be litigated into nonsense. Kerry may just hold the answer to fixing that problem. Here is Bush with an insurmountable lead in Ohio and a major mandate from the popular vote and were is John F Kerry... Quiet. I hope he holds on to this hopeless pursuit with the ANSWER TO ALL THE PROBLEMS. IF John F Kerry holds on, he will a)look like a huge baby vs. a statesman b)demonstrate the democratic litigation machine c)DESTROY the the remaining tolerance of the public for the Democratic Party.

Go ahead and hold on, next time we will get the 60 seat filibuster breaking majority in the Senate. Kerry, you fight this, you lose personally and your pary loses BIG!

Amen Brother!

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:37:06 AM EDT
[#3]
bump
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think ferrys got what it takes to be a man about this.  He won't concede the election even if it would help the country, he is a selfish fuck.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope this is true. It's highly, highly unlikely Kerry has any chance to win Ohio now whatsoever. I hope he does concede so we can move on.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:57:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Fox News reporting that a statement is/was due from the Kerry camp at 10:00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top