Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2004 4:38:15 AM EDT
The title says it all.

Pro-gun President, Pro-gun Senate and House....What first?

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:41:57 AM EDT
[#1]
National CCW for those who qualify, i.e. Background check is clean.

Not everyone can afford an MG, but everyone can afford a bit of self protection.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#2]
the one that matters most

SCOTUS
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:43:59 AM EDT
[#3]
'89 import restrictions maybe; would require revocation of an executive order
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not everyone can afford an MG, but everyone can afford a bit of self protection.

Everyone would be able to afford a MG if new production ones were to be legal to purchase and own again, so I say we should try and get the ban on MGs repealed.  National CCW after that.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

SCOTUS

+1

and Federal judges.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:16:12 AM EDT
[#6]
hmmm....lessee.....

POTUS.   Check

House.     Check

Senate.    Check

1-4 SCOTUS appointees in the next 4 yrs.   Check

Hell, it's MILLER TIME!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

This might actually prove easier than repealing the MG act.  I'd say go for both deffinitely, but CCW first.  I'm sure more people would want to carry than own FA right now.

ET fix spelling.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

SCOTUS

+1

This is #1 priority.

CMOS
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Roe V Wade needs to be in there somewhere!  We have to stop killing the kids that should be growing up to find cures for Cancer and other health issues.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:24:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Roe V Wade needs to be in there somewhere!  We have to stop killing the kids that should be growing up to find cures for Cancer and other health issues.

I think you'll find the people here a little more divided on that issue than on gun control.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to break and be doom and gloom on this- all it takes is one sh*thead with an AR or AK, and
even alot of guys on our side will "think of the children".

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
hmmm....lessee.....

POTUS.   Check

House.     Check

Senate.    Check

1-4 SCOTUS appointees in the next 4 yrs.   Check

Hell, it's MILLER Go TIME!

We have them on the run, and it's time to turn it into a rout.

'89 import ban first, then the machine gun ban.

I was happy to see all the typical anti-gun legislators keep their seats. They've lost so much respect on capitol hill that they're almost an aid to us pro-gunners.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:39:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Hopeful: '89 import EO revoked, '86 restrictions removed, 16" barrel limit removed from NFA.

Realistic: A pro- or RKBA-neutral anti-crime bill that increases penalties for crimes. That bill that would protect gun makers from product liability lawsuits. A bill that reinforces CCW.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:44:11 AM EDT
[#14]
89 import ban removed and the 16 inch barrel limit removed. that's are two realistic goals. once bush is confirmed president for another four years we need to get on the ball quickly, because we all know that feinstein and them are going to try and push another ban. if we can get the 89 import ban removed it'll draw their attention away from the awb and towards the import ban but they wont be able to do much about it since it was an executive order. then we move on to the 16 inch barrel clause. and POSSIBLY the 86 ban. I think Ed Avila and the rest of the ar15.com staff should set up a little section on the site and here on the board to help promote this. we have nothing to loose and everything to gain so lets move forward. I also think someone should contact the NRA, GOA and CCRKBA and inform them of these ideas. We could push these through quite easily if we put our minds to it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#15]
All of the above. Now is the best chance we may ever have
to get our rights back. With Republicans in control of the House,
Senate, and Presidency, if we can't get it done in the next four years,
it will never get done.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I think the 86 MG ban is going to be the hardest one to get through.  Of course, the antis' harping on the evil AWB could bite them in the ass.

"You can't repeal that!  It'll put uzis and AK-47's back on the streets!"
"Um, didn't that already happen when the AWB sunset?  I don't see any big effects from that."

Of course, I'm assuming the voters would be rational and logical, and not base what they know about guns on what they see in Lethal Weapon and Die Hard.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:54:38 AM EDT
[#17]
National CCW

VRO (Voluntary Restriction Order) (Thanks Bill)

Sporting clause removed.

Gun manufacture junk lawsuit

And the 86 would be nice.

There is no reason why these cant happen. We have the numbers. If we and the NRA put enough pressure on the .gov we could right many wrongs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Removal of silencers as an NFA item.  Silencers are mandatory for hunting in some Scandinavian countries; a solid arguement could be made for the use of silencers in regards to noise pollution and hearing protection.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe Bush could EO the '86 law to apply only to foreign built ones? Grasping for straws here.

I agree on the silencers for hunting thing. Perhaps it could be sold as an anti-"noise pollution" thing?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:19:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Another vote for national CCW

Edit: This thread could use a poll
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:22:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Free California
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
'89 import restrictions maybe; would require revocation of an executive order

Not a chance in hell Bush 43 would revoke that.   Bush 41 signed it.

National CCW is the holy grail.  It is doable.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone would be able to afford a MG if new production ones were to be legal to purchase and own again, so I say we should try and get the ban on MGs repealed.  National CCW after that.  

+1
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I think the 86 MG ban is going to be the hardest one to get through.  Of course, the antis' harping on the evil AWB could bite them in the ass.

"You can't repeal that!  It'll put uzis and AK-47's back on the streets!"
"Um, didn't that already happen when the AWB sunset?  I don't see any big effects from that."

Of course, I'm assuming the voters would be rational and logical, and not base what they know about guns on what they see in Lethal Weapon and Die Hard.

I keep saying that the MG ban is easy.  Just amend the law to allow post-86 MG posession by FFLs.  Then you're just a C&R away.

BoB
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:27:56 AM EDT
[#25]
U.S. OUT OF THE U.N.!

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#26]

The sunset of the AWB was a mere fluke.

Don't expect any gun control laws to be reversed.

It won't happen.

We'll be lucky if there isn't another "colembine" incident that sparks a new round of gun control.

People seem to have forgotten that the AWB was a bi-partisan law.  

Zen
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:31:37 AM EDT
[#27]
The 86 machine gun ban would be easier to repeal than the 89 AW ban.  If you tried to repeal the 89 ban you have to deal with the anti's dragging up pictures of slain children in a school yard.  Those types of images are hard to counter.  The 86 ban probably isn't even known by most people and has no tragic case to influce the debate.  They only have the usual anti-gunners "the sky will fall" propoganda.

The 86 ban could be described as allowing those who are permitted to own machine guns by the government to purchase new machine guns.  Since most of the sheep think citizens can't own a machine gun anyway they wouldn't even think twice about it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

And liberal activism on abortion has created a deficit of 40 million people who would be contributing to Social Security if they had been born, grown up, and went to work.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#29]
National CCW

No more UN
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Free California

+1
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:48:33 AM EDT
[#31]
National shall-issue CCW and/or CCW reciprocity.

Full incorporation of the Second Amendment as a fundamental civil right that states can't violate.

A clear definition of what the right to keep and bear arms really means.

Stacking the courts in favor of gun owners' rights.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:58:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
National shall-issue CCW and/or CCW reciprocity.

Full incorporation of the Second Amendment as a fundamental civil right that states can't violate.

A clear definition of what the right to keep and bear arms really means.

Stacking the courts in favor of gun owners' rights.

+1

A national CCW would benefit everyone.  MG's would only be purchase by folks like us.  A national CCW is going to be like a drivers license.  Everyone has one.  The MG is like driving in a BMW, not everyone is going to buy one.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#33]
National CCW would be a good start.
I think people are giving up too easy on the 86 ban. It needs to be repealed by an add-on to something else, like a spending bill since it is IRS code. This could be done far more easily then a stand-alone repeal. I think it is do-able Hammer your congressman. If you're in a non-mg state, GET IT CHANGED!!!! I do like the C&R idea also.
Then the 89 ban.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Free California

Yeah you guys are still pretty much fooked, sorry.  We're not much better here in MD, though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#36]
SCOTUS.

Do not back down to Dem filibusters for judge appointments.

National CCW.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#37]
It is nice to know that silencers are no longer banned as flash suppressors - it would be nicer still to get the tax on them to a realisitc level.  It would be so sweet to hunt without hearing protection.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
The sunset of the AWB was a mere fluke.

Don't expect any gun control laws to be reversed.

It won't happen.

We'll be lucky if there isn't another "colembine" incident that sparks a new round of gun control.

People seem to have forgotten that the AWB was a bi-partisan law.  

Zen
"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  

I somewhat agree here.  The AWB was allowed to expire as no real fighting had to be done to get rid of it.  They just had to keep iot tabled and ignore it.  No way any politician is going to do anything to fight for the repeal of any gun law.  It's too much effort and they end up alienating half of the people.  

Of course a man can dream.  Can't he?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Repeal of the MG manufacturing ban is definitely first on my wish list.

nationwide concealed carry might be nice, but I hate the idea of the federal government having control over my right to carry.  

I think one of the most absurd laws on the books is the NFA law against short barreled shotguns.  Do you think this has ever prevented a criminal who wants one from getting one?  That law does 2 things... brings the federal gov down on otherwise law abiding people, and is used as an add on against criminals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top