Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 11:44:46 PM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=203x9344

Silverhair (xxx posts)  Wed Nov-03-04 03:44 AM
Original message
Anti-gay marriage amendments brought out the Fundies.

11 states, including Ohio, had anti-gay marriage amendments to thier state constitutions on their ballots. They passed on ALL 11 states. The fundies turned out to vote in big numbers. And while they were voting on the amendment, they voted for Bush too.

there was another thread with almost the same title, but it was deleted before i could open it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=291339
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#2]
uh... yeah. Whatever.

Kerry specifically said that he believes people are born homosexual and Bush honestly said he didn't know whether people were born homosexual.

The vast majority of Americans believe marriage is defined as between a man and a women.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
maybe the dem party shouldn't embrace all the extreme minorities after all?  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh Well,  I hate it for them........NOT

Semper Fi
Shooter
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
dims blame W win on religous fundamentalists for voting against gays    

Glad we could help!

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
dims blame W win on religous fundamentalists for voting against gays    

Glad we could help!

Amen!

Doing the Lord's work, and PROUD of it!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Gee, I wonder if it ever occurred to the dems that perhaps supporting immoral things might hurt them? Considering most Americans don't support additional gun control, 80% support the idea that marriage is between a man and a woman, etc, you'd think these ass dumplings would have the sense to realize they need to move to the center on these issues. The center on these issues happens to be the right! They just don't get it! This amendment didn't bring out the voters. But the fact Bush supported this amendment whereas Kerry didn't was just another reason people voted for Bush.

The left is simply out of touch on social issues. It's the straw that keeps breaking the camel's back. Pure and simple.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Gee, I wonder if it ever occurred to the dems that perhaps supporting immoral things might hurt them? Considering most Americans don't support additional gun control, 80% support the idea that marriage is between a man and a woman, etc, you'd think these ass dumplings would have the sense to realize they need to move to the center on these issues. The center on these issues happens to be the right! They just don't get it! This amendment didn't bring out the voters. But the fact Bush supported this amendment whereas Kerry didn't was just another reason people voted for Bush.

The left is simply out of touch on social issues. It's the straw that keeps breaking the camel's back. Pure and simple.

Exactly these idiots (not that I mind) keep right on preaching the same crap, then blaming their losses on the people they should be trying to win over.  Instead all they do is get there own asses kicked nationwide.  I mean it's ridiculous...

Instead of getting mad at "the Fundies" why don't these dumbasses realize pushing liberal homosexual BS policy is not going to win them elections?  Even parading your ultra-liberal around while talking "moderate" on all the issues didn't work, not with a long long vote record like Kerry had...  I hope in the impending implosion of the Democratic party that some more conservative leaders take over, maybe then we'll get some Democratic contenders that I could at least stomach...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top