Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 10:25:09 PM EDT
I think we ARE witnessing history here folks.  Despite the earnest, uncovered, raging and blatant all out attempts by most of the main stream media to influence the people, it did not work.  Alternative sources of TRUE news are here for real people!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:04:12 AM EDT
[#1]
You are right.  It is time that the sheeple go back to grazing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:15:18 AM EDT
[#2]
You wanna talk biased? I tried watching Fox news Channel for election coverage last night, the wife wouldn't let me (I think the "Foxes" on Fox make her insecure) so we ended up watching Tom Brokaw (ABC, I think?). When they called Ohio for Bush, the fucker almost started crying!!!! He actually had tears in his eyes and his voice was breaking for a good 15-20 minutes!!!! I was so mad I was yelling and looking for things to throw at the TV until the wife figured out what I was doing and made me stop! Talk about biased!!! Although, on the plus side, the wife was pissed and disgusted, too. I don't think I'll have any trouble watching FNC from now on. I guess I have to revise my opinion of Ohio now. I thought for sure the state would go to sKerry!

Bub
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes it does.

This is a very historical moment for the internet.

I now change my mind.  I now move the internet ahead of penicillin as the greatest technical advancement offered by western civilization.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
All a person had to do last night to sort out the honest from the dishonest was to look at the electoral vote count.  It often differed from station to station.  The Internet played a big part in the last election, but I think this was the first time that it ever decided one.  The incredible amount of information exchanged every day certainly helped voters make an informed choice.

However, it also offered the radical left a platform from which to better organize.  The fact that so many people voted for an ultra liberal traitor is worrisome.

Speaking of which, Dan Rather, it's time to go.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think we ARE witnessing history here folks.  Despite the earnest, uncovered, raging and blatant all out attempts by most of the main stream media to influence the people, it did not work.  Alternative sources of TRUE news are here for real people!

This has GOT to be killing them. They threw everything at President Bush, and it STILL didn't bring him down. If they could not elevate Kerry to victory this time, their days of controlling the political process are finished.

And lets not forget the Swiftees and POWs, who made damn sure the last political casualty of Vietnam was none other than traitor John F Kerry. Thank God for them.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:36:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's hope so.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:37:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Agreed. Those tears Brokaw was fighting back were not for Kerry, they were for himself. The impending death of the mainstrean media was assured last night and he, Rather and the rest know it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I think its wonderful that Foxnews has been so successful because they do not follow the traditional liberal slant that the regular news media does..........the more successful they are the more likely we are to see other news organizations waking up to what the people really want to see, UNBIASED NEWS........
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:42:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Network news has been dead in my house for years.  I didn't even watch it last night.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I disagree.  There are more than enough sheeple to keep the media maggots on their throne forever.  

Remember, almost 50% of the nation believes the media.

CMOS  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:44:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You wanna talk biased? I tried watching Fox news Channel for election coverage last night, the wife wouldn't let me (I think the "Foxes" on Fox make her insecure) so we ended up watching Tom Brokaw (ABC, I think?). When they called Ohio for Bush, the fucker almost started crying!!!! He actually had tears in his eyes and his voice was breaking for a good 15-20 minutes!!!!

Bub

Damn this is too good. I almost feel guilty. Almost
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Gee, you would think that when ALGORE "invented" the internet, he could have at least slanted it in favor of the libs. Guess he screwed that up too!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
And lets not forget the Swiftees and POWs, who made damn sure the last political casualty of Vietnam was none other than traitor John F Kerry. Thank God for them.

Amen
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#14]
You are right.  I have lost whatever respect I had for the mainstream media, and refuse to watch it or listen to it now.

All hail the rise of Internet journalism and the Blogs!
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You wanna talk biased? I tried watching Fox news Channel for election coverage last night, the wife wouldn't let me (I think the "Foxes" on Fox make her insecure) so we ended up watching Tom Brokaw (ABC, I think?). When they called Ohio for Bush, the fucker almost started crying!!!! He actually had tears in his eyes and his voice was breaking for a good 15-20 minutes!!!! I was so mad I was yelling and looking for things to throw at the TV until the wife figured out what I was doing and made me stop! Talk about biased!!! Although, on the plus side, the wife was pissed and disgusted, too. I don't think I'll have any trouble watching FNC from now on. I guess I have to revise my opinion of Ohio now. I thought for sure the state would go to sKerry!

Bub

Earlier in the evening Peter Jennings was interviewing McCain. His last question was this (I am paraphrasing , but its close to a quote.

Jennings: Do you feel you have been used by the Bush campaign?
McCain (to his credit): I think the president has the best plan for fighting the global war on terror, and I support him fully. But I have been and will remain good friends with Senator Kerry.
Jennings: Thank you senator (cut away to Jennings only) Senator John McCain. A 'good friend' of John Kerry. And maybe a not so good friend of President Bush. He didn't say that. Maybe I shouldn't have. But senator McCain received a severe dressing down from the Bush campaign and the president earlier this year.

I was dumbfounded that he laid that kind of bias right out in the open.

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Always be aware of your personal biases.

A guy I work with believes that the media is very conservative and that W has them is his pocket.  

I will watch the same segment he watches, and I will say it was an strong attack on the Pres, and he will say that they used kid gloves.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:33:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Bub

Was he really crying....? sad
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:33:57 AM EDT
[#18]
The bloggers beat the pants off the network news last night with real-time results. They were awesome.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I am looking forward to the episode of Myth Busters where they examine "objective journalism"
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#20]
The war between the mainstream media and the American People is being won...by US!

The liberal talking head shills for the Democrats are becoming more marginalized every day.  We ARE winning the culture and media war and this election and their SORRY performance last night and this morning point that out with crystal clarity.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Places like ARFCOM make the elites nervous. Information is power. Despite allt he looney tunes who post absolute drivel here, there are still enough people who get to debate and inform and sharpen their ideas until they cut like a knife.

As an example, just Monday I took a black chairmwoman of the local NAACP and changed their mind about the partial privatization of Social Security. I explained to them exactly how it was designed to work. By the end of the conversation she was agreeing with me on the points I made and the sense the program made.

I took a liberal and put her on board with a GWB program that touched the third rail of politics. Do you understand how significant that is?

I have found that most people have things they believe, but they are unsure WHY they believe them. They form an opinion and can't really remember why. They have a position, but if you press them you will find that they don't have any rational basis for it.

In the face of this if you remain firm, unyielding, but polite and friendly in advocating your position, the sheer weight of your convictions will start to break them.

Many people think me arrogant because I am so confident in my beliefs and in my view of the world. They are completely amazed that I can be so sure about everything.

The truth is that I am not sure about everything and that there is much I do not know. But on the things I DO know, I know because I have SEARCHED FOR TRUTH AND NOT WAITED FOR IT TO BE HANDED TO ME. I do not stand on my own, but I build my foundation on the truth I have DISCOVERED, and this makes me un-moveable.

I know the stakes of the war on terror because I communicate regularly with people on the front line of that war. I know that big government programs don't work because I have seen them in countless lives and seen that they make things worse more often than they make them better.

Places like ARFCOM are places where these truths come out. The debates I enter into here test my metal against people who see things differently. If I take it seriously, I leave every debate STRONGER and more effective. I am continually honed and sharpened until I can cut through the largely weak beliefs and ideas that one encounters in most people out there.

I get news here I don't get anywhere else. I get information here I can't find anywhere else. Things that escape every one else's notice are shouted from the rooftops here. Sure there are a lot of idiotic things posted here, but there are some significant things that happen here too, and it is worth wading through the crap sometimes to find the gold.

This medium is power of the sort that makes dictators and tyrants tremble.

God bless the internet! God bless ARFCOM!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top