Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 6:12:36 PM EDT
If you can't speak English, you shouldn't be able to vote.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
A big +1!  I grew up in Hawaii, and they printed the ballots in eight (8) different languages.  I think that if you are going to live ANYWHERE, learn the language.  Where I live now there are a few counties required by federal law to have bilingual voting- English and Spanish.  
I think that this is a democratic/liberal ploy.... the Balkanization of America is under way.  I agree with a poster in another thread who said that people on the dole should not be able to vote.  If you are on welfare, you live in the welfare barracks, use your welfare bus pass to get around (no car allowed) and eat at the welfare cafeteria-- and lose your vote.  If this bugs you, get off your ass and become a productive memer of society!

[RANT MODE: OFF]

1911fan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top