Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 12:51:51 PM EDT
I dont know how it works so Im gonna ask.

I ordered another Glock, Girl on phone says 3 day starts when my FFL gets the gun.
FFL says it starts when $$ exchanges hands with co ordered from.

Me and my Lady disagree as to when the money exchanged hands.
It was ordered FRI and that is when we gave them the CC number. I say that is when it was exchanged.

They dont charge until they ship so my girl says that is when she thinks it is exchanged.

I say I gave them the money, when they put it in the drawer is there own doing. I used the arguemnt of "If you go into a bar and start a tab by giving them a card and order and drink a beer at 2100 you bought a dring at 2100. You didnt not buy it at 0200 when they close the tab.

Am I correct on this?

Oh, the FFL also say 3 business day for cooling off period. Is this true? Do people only calm down on week days?...

Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
My friend/sometimes boss/FFL, says it starts when he has the gun. Weekend days don't count, only business days.
And if it comes in @ 4p on Monday, you still ain't getting it until after 4p on Thursday. We/He makes you wait 72hours. Playing it safe and I don't blame him.

Besides, do you really gotta have it RFN ? What is a day either way, shit, it ain't pussy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My friend/sometimes boss/FFL, says it starts when he has the gun. Weekend days don't count, only business days.
And if it comes in @ 4p on Monday, you still ain't getting it until after 4p on Thursday. We/He makes you wait 72hours. Playing it safe and I don't blame him.

Besides, do you really gotta have it RFN ? What is a day either way, shit, it ain't pussy.

HAHA!
Pussy can wait...This is a gun...

Thanks for the info. My guy does it a lil different. he counts the shipping of his ffl towards the time.
So If I order it  and he sends the ffl on mon, buy the time it gets here I get it. This time while the three of us were talking, she brought up how they dont charge till they ship and I got overnite shipping on it and it seems to have brought out a diff response from him. I would wait 2 weeks if I had to, I just wanted to know which way was correct.

Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
your 3 day ( business days not counting holidays or weekends) wait starts at midnight  of the day the transaction is complete.  It cannot be complete until your FFL has  gun in hand and  the gun is paid for in full.   SO if you paid for the gun and your ffl has it   now as of today. You could pick the gun up saturday ( wed,thurs,fri)

J
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#4]
If you dont like to wait get A CWL..
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you dont like to wait get A CWL..

Thanks aim..
------------------
I know on the CCW but I guess im just lazy. I had one back home but havnt bothered down here.
I know its not the norm here, but Ive carried a gun since 17 yrs old until I moved to FL about 7 yrs ago. I even kind of got out of them altogether for a few yrs and kept them all but one pistol put up.

Im back into it now, but didnt run into this prob yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top