Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 12:11:38 PM EDT
Listening to the radio right now and apparently these guys are sitting outside every polling place in milwaukee and handing out pro-kerry literature

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
They shouldnt be handing out pro kerry propaganda, but they get around being there by acting as if they are collecting signatures for a future referendum. Bastards
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know election law for shit, but I don't think it is.  File a complaint to your local board of elections.  IIRC they have to stay something like 50yards away from the polling place, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]
NO
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]

At least here in ohio they have to be a 150ft from the door. I heard on the radio this morning sombody complained about them and had them moved back.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Most places require that they be so far away from the doors, in my area you must also be registered to vote at the place where you are handing out literature.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I would crumb it up and throw it back into there face..oops did I hit you.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Report Voter intimidation like that to Michael Moorehref=Intimidation Report
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They shouldnt be handing out pro kerry propaganda, but they get around being there by acting as if they are collecting signatures for a future referendum. Bastards

As far as I'm concerned the Move On people should not even be alive let alone sitting outside polling places.  However, if they are 150 feet away they can be there and pass out their propaganda.
(150 feet is the law in California, and it is from the entry door.  Your state law may vary)  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Report Voter intimidation like that to Michael Moore

Intimidation Report

Mr. Moore got my story.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:45:24 PM EDT
[#10]
75 Feet is what the signs say here.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I voted in Philly and there were two of them standing maybe 25' or less from the door.  They had armbands on that looked like MP armbands.  They said "MoveON PAC" on them.  Only a pussy ass mother fucker would be intimidated by these guys.  It's not like they follow you into the booth and force you to pull the straight "D" lever.  Dems are the ones who feel intimidated by this stuff, not us.  We can brush that shit off .
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Guys, if you see these assholes near the polling place, please report it and document all you can in writing.  Worst that can happen is that you got it wrong and they're allowed to stay, but we all know kerry and his minions are looking for reasons to challenge the results.  Lets give W and our lawyers some ammo for a legal challenge in case W needs it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I called the cops and took some pics of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top