Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 9:27:24 AM EDT
edit: There are ads on the radio now asking for anyone in the milwaukee area with a van, suburban, etc type vehicle to call the republican party if you can volunteer to drive some people to the polls. I only have a two door tacoma or else I'd do it.

I didn't catch the number, but if you call the radio station, they could probably tell you 414-799-1130

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/nov04/271676.asp

Tires slashed on 30 GOP vehicles, Milwaukee police report
By DERRICK NUNNALLY
[email protected]
Posted: Nov. 2, 2004
The tires of at least 30 cars and vans rented by the Republican Party to carry voters to the polls were slashed, Milwaukee police said this morning. The discovery was made at 6:30 a.m., said Sgt. Mark Wroblewski.

Advertisement

The rental cars were parked near a GOP office in the 7100 block of W. Capitol Dr. Wroblewski said "at least" 30 cars were disabled. At least one tire was slashed and in some cases, all four tires were cut. Detectives were on the scene, the sergeant said. Police had no suspects in custody as of 8 a.m.

Also early election day, Milwaukee police were called to a John Kerry campaign office, 633 S. Hawley Road, at 5:40 a.m. because at least two people were blocking the parking lot exit, preventing Kerry supporters from leaving the parking lot and screaming and spitting on cars, said Sgt. Willie Murphy. The officers removed the disruptive people but no arrests were made, he said.

Republican party spokesman Chris Lato said the slashed tires on the GOP's get-out-the-vote vehicles this morning "clearly was targeted sabotage" to hinder the party's election-day work. He said Republican volunteers have stepped into the breach by offering their vehicles for party use, but he doesn't know whether all the damaged rental vehicles have been repaired.

"It's clear that we were targeted, there's no question about it," Lato said. "Does it slow us down? Yeah, it's not going to help."

The vandalism - which has gone both ways in the campaign - and other hostile interactions have marked the political season's peak days, spokesmen for both parties say.

Lato says the Madison headquarters building of the Republican Party of Wisconsin was vandalized overnight before election day with graffiti - specifically, black spray paint reading "Illegitimate Democracy" twice across a large wall.

"We discovered it this morning when we came in," Lato said.

Madison Police Department spokeswoman Emily Samson said nothing from the Republican headquarters address had been reported to her office since Oct. 22.

"Not to say it didn't happen, but it wasn't reported to us," Samson said.

Meanwhile, Democratic party spokesman Seth Bothelli condemned the actions of "overzealous supporters on both sides" that have gone beyond yard-sign vandalism. He said signs were stolen off of a Democratic campaign office in Wausau, and, in one case, a man whose wife died got an angry phone call when her obituary asked people to vote for John Kerry in lieu of buying flowers.

"He got a voicemail at home from a Republican supporter of Bush saying that his wife should burn in hell," Bothelli said. "There has been a level of incivility in this campaign, admittedly on both sides, that we haven't seen before."

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#1]
all them broken malt liquor bottles that litter the streets.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#3]
[DU]Karl Rove's doing I'm sure![/DU]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]
BAH!

But yet, they claim we are the ones that are full of hate!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I think both sides have their assholes:

Also early election day, Milwaukee police were called to a John Kerry campaign office, 633 S. Hawley Road, at 5:40 a.m. because at least two people were blocking the parking lot exit, preventing Kerry supporters from leaving the parking lot and screaming and spitting on cars, said Sgt. Willie Murphy. The officers removed the disruptive people but no arrests were made, he said.

www.jsonline.com/news/state/nov04/271676.asp
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#6]
typical dem behavior
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
all them broken malt liquor bottles that litter the streets.

That is where the Bush Team failed to garner the inner city votes, they should have pointed out that Kerry is a gun grabber and want's to ban "Colt .45", and all "22's".

And anything with spinnas.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#8]
sKerry supporters should pay for those.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
There are ads on the radio now asking for anyone in the milwaukee area with a van, suburban, etc type vehicle to call the republican party if you can volunteer to drive some people to the polls. I only have a two door tacoma or else I'd do it.

I didn't catch the number, but if you call the radio station, they could probably tell you  414-799-1130

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Those "kinder","gentler", "Can't we all just get along?" Democrats at it again.

They are so misunderstood.

Can we eviscerate them now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top