Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 9:01:53 AM EDT
They say most of the types the carrier doesn't even know they have it.

I guess you could look for some funky warts down there if your about to bang some chick, maybe bust out the surfire on her snatch.

scary stuff huh?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
VERY scary.
Google search HPV and click images...

I do NOT want this fucking disease.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You can't see em on chicks.  They are on the inside.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#3]
they say nearly 5% of the pop has it
Makes me glad not to be a slut.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So if you wear a rubber are you ok because its all on the inside?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#5]
HPV is very common, it is also the precursor to many types of "female" cancers. Im not sure that your really classify it as a STD. Its the thing they do PAP smears to check for. "human Papillo Virus"
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Surefire solution:  Wait until marriage, and make sure that your bride is doing the same.  Worked for me.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. I've seen pictures of it one toes, fingers, inside the mouth, around the ass, around the inside of the legs (By the croth).
Like I said, google search HPV. Your in for a real fuckin eye opener.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#8]
This is why sex ed and human biology is so important is schools...

The HPV is nearly omnipresent.  Ever had a wart of any type (HPV is the cause of all warts, not just genital)?  If yes, then you are infected with the HPV.  The key here is that you can have the HPV your whole life, but not ever get a wart and thus believe you don't carry it.

If you are overly concerned with the HPV, life in a bubble may suit you.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Human Papilloma Virus
aka

genital warts

Used to work in a clinic that tested for this and there are a TON of people that have it.

It also is the main cause of cervical cancer.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. I've seen pictures of it one toes, fingers, inside the mouth, around the ass, around the inside of the legs (By the croth).

Wow sometimes life can be a real bitch.

how they hell did they get it on their toe
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The HPV is nearly omnipresent.  Ever had a wart of any type (HPV is the cause of all warts, not just genital)?  If yes, then you are infected with the HPV.  The key here is that you can have the HPV your whole life, but not ever get a wart and thus believe you don't carry it.

Actually, there is a difference between genital warts and the kind most people get on their hands.  I don't believe that they are the same.

ETA:  I stand corrected in that all warts are variants of the HPV.  Still don't think that hand warts and genital warts are the same variant.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Human Papiloma Virus ...also known as genital warts.
Here's an educational bit from college health classes: Condoms will NOT prevent this.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I got it from a tractor.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I got it from a tractor.

Next time wear pants you dam hippy
Free balling on a tractor is not proper safety wear.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, there is a difference between genital warts and the kind most people get on their hands.  I don't believe that they are the same.

Paging Drjarhead...

I've had some common warts frozen off, but never had a genital one.  I think the link is similar to the link between the Herpes Virus that causes cold sores and the one that causes straight up herpes.  (both of which I have never experienced)
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Warts are a form of HPV, there are other things associated with it. THink of warts as a sign of HPV, not AS HPV.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
they say nearly 5% of the pop has it
Makes me glad not to be a slut.

Try again. Slut or not, I bet you my ears against yours that if you have had more than a few partners, you have it.

From the CDC:
Approximately 20 million people are currently infected with HPV. At least 50 percent of sexually active men and women acquire genital HPV infection at some point in their lives. By age 50, at least 80 percent of women will have acquired genital HPV infection. About 6.2 million Americans get a new genital HPV infection each year.

As far as condoms go, they WILL stop transmission IF the lesion is covered by the condom. The problem is that there is sexual contact by scrotum/vulva that is not covered by condoms. I don't want people thinking this virus is magic and can go through latex.

Most people don't actually get warts that have the virus. It all depends on the serotype. (There are over 100 types I believe.) Just going from memory, types 6 and 11 cause warts, while type 16 has been the major cause of cervical cancer. Thus, just because your lady doesn't have warts, she should still get her routine Pap-smears.
tony
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
VERY scary.
Google search HPV and click images...

I do NOT want this fucking disease.

uhg
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Thats right.  But if you do your "fingering" correctly you can feel them (like hard bumps--mini-warts (which is what they are)).
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

As far as condoms go, they WILL stop transmission IF the lesion is covered by the condom. The problem is that there is sexual contact by scrotum/vulva that is not covered by condoms. I don't want people thinking this virus is magic and can go through latex.

tony

yeah it doesn't cover your whole body! remember those naked gun movies where they had those full body condoms
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Lots of good info here.
HPVs(Human Papilloma viruses) cause warts, genital warts and cervical cancer. Yes, cervical cancer IS a STD. The intracellular changes that occur in the squamous epithelium and transformation zone of the cervix are what we are looking for in the PAP smear. It takes, on average, 10 years or so from early intracellular changes to full blown cervical cancer. Regular PAPs are necessary(and pelvic exam as some changes are evident on exam) as the sample may not always pick up, etc. Thusly, over time you hope to pick it up prior to cervical CA. The PAP has been refined and is better than it once was at picking this up, FWIW.

The major risk factor for cervical CA is early sexual activity and promiscuity.

Guys with gential warts should have them treated.

Their partners are reminded by me to get regular PAPs.

HPV DNA testing is going to surpass the standard PAP in use. It already is in my clinic. It is more senstive and less likely to miss early HPV infection.

Most women with HPV will NOT go on to develop cervical CA.

HPV types 16 and 18 are responsible for almost all Cervical CAs.

Smoking is another risk factor and increases the risk of developiong CA in those infected with HPV.

Women also get external genital warts and they are treated the same as men other than the heightened awareness that goes with it.

Alot of this has already been stated, I think, but I wanted to clarify if I was going topost.

Edited due to brain fart. Most women with HPV will NOT get cervical CA.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow sometimes life can be a real bitch.

how they hell did they get it on their toe

foot fetish?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#23]
man, some of the threads in this place, i tell ya...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Speaking of STDs, there's now chlamydia of the ass:

www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/10/29/sex.infection.reut/index.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top