Page / 2
Posted: 11/2/2004 8:52:23 AM EDT
http://www.deviantart.com/view/11454716/
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for that.
My pit bull mix looks alot like most of those family dogs. Very loving and loyal.

Instead of banning the dogs and destroying them, perhaps we should destroy the people training them and raising them to fight.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow!  That was a moving piece, especially where they say that "...cruelty, that only a human can commit them..."  Someone needs to make one like this about guns, too.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Wow!  That was a moving piece, especially where they say that "...cruelty, that only a human can commit them..."  Someone needs to make one like this about guns, too.  

+1

Amazing how well it parallels the gun issue.

and I HATE seeing abused animals.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#5]
What the world needs is LOVE, and is found in no greater measure than dogs.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I love my mean tuff pit's I love scaring the shit out of the cowards as well.

Some times when they go outside to do their duties and put my shirt over my head and run outside chasing them, Oh does that scare the shit out of them. The hair on the backs go up and the bolt like they saw a ghost.

Edit: After watching that I need to go play with my dogs some more and get them even fatter.

Sad what some people can do to an animal.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone who would do that to a dog should be shot.

As hard as it was for me to watch that, the images at the end made me smile.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Too bad someone will not take this time to make such an informative video about Abortion, instead of wasteing time on dogs........
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#9]

+1
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Out friggin standing.

Right on. Thats a keeper.

Good idea about the guns to who ever said that. Something I think I will look into doing. I ned to take some courses on how to do it but its $$ well spent.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Too bad someone will not take this time to make such an informative video about Abortion, instead of wasteing time on dogs........

It's this kind of attitude that creates much of the problem in the first place.

Do you even own a dog?
If  the answer is yes, you shouldn't.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the problem with Pit Bulls start when the crackdown on dog fighting began in ernest? It seems that I read that the dogs were once bred specifically to not go after humans as the owners had to be able to pull the dogs off other dogs in a fight without the dogs turning on them. The dogs were bred to fight other dogs. After the dog fighting was banned in most places, didn't some of the breeders then breed the dogs to be more agressive towards humans so as to become good watch dogs?

I've known some Pit Bulls that were extremely vicious and others that were as gentle with people as any other breed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#13]
If you get bit by a cocker spaniel or a lab your chances of dying are a bit lower.

And it's not socially acceptable to demonize/kick the crap out of the bad pit owners.

So you demonize the dog.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Emotional or not, statistics support the fact the pit bull IS one of the worst dogs for attacks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

This does not parallel the gun issue whatsoever.  A gun has never done anything on it's own.

I am not commenting one way or the other about pits, just pointing out the difference between this and the gun issue.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Emotional or not, statistics support the fact the pit bull IS one of the worst dogs for attacks.

Please find an UNBIASED source for this information and post it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#17]
HAHAHA I knew this wouldn't last long
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:48:33 AM EDT
[#18]
The problem with saying that a pit bull is 4th from bottom in terms of "bite likelihood", is that the author does not mention that Pit Bulls are the most likely dog to "kill" once an attack begins.

This movie is pure crap!

Ban Pit Bulls!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#19]
AMEN!

What a great effort put forth in that video.

They make a great companion when they aren't ruined by improper breeding and 75lb chains on their necks.

MT
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This does not parallel the gun issue whatsoever.  A gun has never done anything on it's own.

I am not commenting one way or the other about pits, just pointing out the difference between this and the gun issue.

It does parallel in that they try to shift the blame.

Yes, you are right, a gun doesn't have a brain, but most of the time it's the OWNER's fault, not the dog.   With a gun, it's always the USERS fault
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Given the chance, those pits would have eaten every child in those pics. They are just waiting for the right time to rise up in huge numbers and take over the planet. They will dismember us all.

BAN PITS NOW!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I couldn't get thru the video..
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Seeing those kids so close to death made my skin crawl...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm sorry, but I just see Pit Bulls as one of the dogs people get BECAUSE it's feared.  Maybe if I owned one I'd be on the other side of the fence... hell, the libs say the same for black guns I guess.

Quoted:
BAN PITS NOW!

Quoted:
Ban Pit Bulls!

Ban AR-15s now!
Maybe it's not quite the same... since one's a scarey animal, and one is a scarey rifle.

I just don't think Pit Bulls are bought to save them or anything like that, people buy them because they're scarey as hell.  I think it's probably the same reason Doberman owners who never intend on having their dog fight clip their ears, even though I've heard it's horribly painful for the animal, people do it because it makes them look more scary.  I wouldn't own a Pit Bull for that very reason... though, I could see myself owning a Great Dane, just because they're bad ass huge!  Then, I think Hummer H2 drivers are jackasses for the same reason. I guess I'm all over the place.

Though, I don't own a dog, and chances are, I probably won't own one any time soon... I'm too damn cheap.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Wow, and thank you.

I'm involved in Rottweiler rescue, but we do take in the occaisional Pitt.  The things that some asshats do to these breeds are almost unexplainable without graphic photos.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Genetically engineer a mini-Rottweiler?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm sorry, but I just see Pit Bulls as one of the dogs people get BECAUSE it's feared.  Maybe if I owned one I'd be on the other side of the fence... hell, the libs say the same for black guns I guess.

Quoted:
BAN PITS NOW!

Quoted:
Ban Pit Bulls!

Ban AR-15s now!
Maybe it's not quite the same... since one's a scarey animal, and one is a scarey rifle.

I just don't think Pit Bulls are bought to save them or anything like that, people buy them because they're scarey as hell.  I think it's probably the same reason Doberman owners who never intend on having their dog fight clip their ears, even though I've heard it's horribly painful for the animal, people do it because it makes them look more scary.  I wouldn't own a Pit Bull for that very reason... though, I could see myself owning a Great Dane, just because they're bad ass huge!  Then, I think Hummer H2 drivers are jackasses for the same reason. I guess I'm all over the place.

Though, I don't own a dog, and chances are, I probably won't own one any time soon... I'm too damn cheap.

Just out of curiosity, for future reference, did you take my post seriously? Better yet, did you read my whole post or just pick and choose the quote from it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I just don't think Pit Bulls are bought to save them or anything like that, people buy them because they're scarey as hell.

PG,

The graphic photos were taken at shelters/rescues, and the "happy" pics at the end included some rescued dogs I'm sure.

I paid money to a rescue .org for both my dogs, not because I wanted a "scary" dogs, but because both needed homes.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I agree, there is no paralel to the gun issue.

That film is nothing but PRO-pitbull propaganda.  It was probably paid for by the pitbull breeding industry.
Pitbull should be banned.
Those pictures in the video make them look so scary, how could you NOT ban them after seeing that.
I hear reports in the Media ALL the time about how dangerous and evil these dogs are.
They are the Guard Dog of choice, amongst drug dealers and criminals.
They should be banned.
ALL dogs that look like that should be banned.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I agree, there is no paralel to the gun issue.

That film is nothing but PRO-pitbull propaganda.  It was probably paid for by the pitbull breeding industry.
Pitbull should be banned.
Those pictures in the video make them look so scary, how could you NOT ban them after seeing that.
I hear reports in the Media ALL the time about how dangerous and evil these dogs are.
They are the Guard Dog of choice, amongst drug dealers and criminals.
They should be banned.
ALL dogs that look like that should be banned.

Careful, some won't recognize sarcasm.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#31]
That flash

Was tedious....

Because....

The author wouldn't let....

a continuous thought appear...

all at once.

GEEZ.
He could learn a thing or two from Mac, like citing statistics and using facts instead of appealing to emotion.  Regardless of how you feel about the dogs, it was lame.  (well..the music was kinda cool...)

Scott
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#32]
I got a chihuahua to keep them danm Pits outta my yard. Seems to be working so far. I Haven't seen a pit bull since we got the ankle biter.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
BAN PITS NOW!

Quoted:
Ban Pit Bulls!

Ban AR-15s now!

Just out of curiosity, for future reference, did you take my post seriously? Better yet, did you read my whole post or just pick and choose the quote from it?

Yeah, Dodohead.  Dave223 was being sarcastic.  I wasn't.  Those dogs are evil and should be banned.  

C'mon people.  A gun doesn't just decide to kill someone.  A pit bull, on the other hand, does.  Period.  The comparison to the gun issue is specious and flawed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#34]
tell that to the family of the little boy in OKC that needed 400 stitches...in his head and face..last month..

i have trained large breed dogs for over 20 years..(over 10 for k-9) and i'll be honest..its the breed and the majority of the type of owner that scares the hell out of me..

we have had homes sold for rent homes 1 block back and the section 8's are already moving in and pits are roaming the neighborhood...

i have a boy who just turned 4...

a pit that doesnt have a human and a leash attached, doesnt last long on my block...hell i'm thinking seriously about forking over the $$$ for a can....

flame away...i could give a shit..
i have worked at 4 trauma centers in OK..in OKC and Tulsa- i've seen what these dogs and their "owners" can do to kids..

its never the dogs fault....NNnnnnnoooooooooooooo wayyyyyyy
it not the Breed..............its a bad environment..

hehe i about piss on myself everytime i hear that...

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#35]
I feel the same way about all of those machine guns that were recently allowed to be legal to own again, when the Assault weapons ban ended.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
A gun doesn't just decide to kill someone.  A pit bull, on the other hand, does.  Period.  The comparison to the gun issue is specious and flawed.

Even intellegent dogs don't make "decisions".  They act on instinct guided by pleasure / pain stimulus (training).  Neither are they inanimate objects requiring human input to act.

The answer lies somewhere in between, but as it is the human that "owns" the dog or gun, it is they who should be held resonsible for death or injury due to their propertys misuse.

The argument that the breed should be banned becuse of the actions of abused and misbred dogs is no different than the lib's argument that handguns should be banned because criminals misuse them.  It's an argument based on emotion, not logic.

If any dog bites someone unprovoked, put it down and punish the owner.

If any gun is involved in an unjustified assault, melt it down and punish the owner.

Is that such a hard concept to grasp?  Please explain the flaw in this logical argument.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The answer lies somewhere in between, but as it is the human that "owns" the dog or gun, it is they who should be held resonsible for death or injury due to their propertys misuse.

The argument that the breed should be banned becuse of the actions of abused and misbred dogs is no different than the lib's argument that handguns should be banned because criminals misuse them.  It's an argument based on emotion, not logic.

If any gun is involved in an unjustified assault, melt it down and punish the owner.

Is that such a hard concept to grasp?  Please explain the flaw in this logical argument.

OMFG.  You obviously have not thought out your own argument.  By this logic, if someone steals my guns and commits a crime with it, I can be held liable.  You've taken an already false argument and made it more ridiculous.

BTW.  I now understand why Salvador Dali is your avatar.  You both make about the same amount of sense.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

You mean like this?

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean like this?

http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=25722

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Great link. I love pits, some of the best dogs around.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
we have had homes sold for rent homes 1 block back and the section 8's are already moving in and pits are roaming the neighborhood...

i have a boy who just turned 4...

Your child is more likely, statistically speaking, to be killed by one of those section 8 tenants than by the pitbulls you demonize.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMFG.  You obviously have not thought out your own argument.  By this logic, if someone steals my guns and commits a crime with it, I can be held liable.  You've taken an already false argument and made it more ridiculous.

I think that - in that case - the person who stole the gun should be melted down.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
By this logic, if someone steals my guns and commits a crime with it, I can be held liable.  You've taken an already false argument and made it more ridiculous.

You missed the point entirely (purposefully?).

I made the assumption that you would understand the concept of "ownership" and "property" as applied.  If someone else is in posession of the gun, then it is no longer property under your control, right?

Good, I knew you'd understand.

That being said;  if you handed your powerful firearm (or a powerful dog) to a child with no training, then yes, you should be held responsible for any injury caused by your own negligence.

Follow?

ETA: I hope you're better at understanding logic than at understanding art...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#44]
OK……

You are more likely to be bitten by a Spaniel than a Pitbull…true

However, you are far more likely to die if attacked by a Pitbull than a Spaniel…

Andy
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I couldn't get thru the video..

+1
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#46]
When I found my Pitty out side a hospital in St. Thomas USVI abandoned at 3 weeks, I had no idea what breed it was. It was covered in fleas and mange, and full of worms. I had to literally squirt milk into her mouth with a syringe to get her to eat for several days.  Now, she is probably the best family dog I have ever seen. She wouldn't hurt a fly. She is good to the cats even. The only time she ever bit a dog was when my neighbors bull terrier (not Pit bull terrier, think Target dog) bit my wifes arm. My pit bit it until it let go of my wife and ran away. Then my pit hid in the corner and shook because she thought she did something bad.  Mojo, my dog is very smart, and protective of our 9 month old daughter and my wife and I. She LOVES people and is very friendly to everyone.
People that have actually owned these dogs can speak for them.  Otherwise it's like forming an opinion on fire arms with out ever shooting.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:45:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
However, you are far more likely to die if attacked by a Pitbull than a Spaniel…

...and you are more likely to be killed by a black male than any dog.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#48]
The black people comment is just terrible.  No shit, but the same is true for a white male or female for that matter.
Without looking into statistics, being paranoid about a dog killing you is pretty unrealistic, unless you're a dog catcher, vet, little kid who likes to poke dogs with sticks... etc.

Quoted:

Bah, I didn't really pay attention to your post, I just assumed you were agreeing with the POWER03 dude... who wasn't being sarcastic.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The black people comment is just terrible.  

It is a statement of fact, no more and no less.  Facts are not "terrible".
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#50]
You sir are a DICK

Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top