Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 6:39:41 AM EDT
I am trying to find out what happened to that guy.  US soldier.  He was shown on video et al.  My wife said she thought he was shot.  I do not remember.  Not that Arab who showed up back in the states under weird circumstances.

Thank you in advance for a lead on finding out more about this guy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:42:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah Im pretty sure he was shot and found a month or two later.

RIP

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#2]
He was executed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#3]
A video of someone being shot in the back of the head was released by the enemy.  The islamofascists claimed it was CPL Maupin, but we have no confirmation of this.  We have not recovered him, dead or alive.  Officially, he is still MIA.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Whatever happened to the one that ended up in lebanon and was shipped back here?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:48:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Whatever happened to the one that ended up in lebanon and was shipped back here?

Nothing.  We never figured out if he was captured or whether he went over the wire.  I believe he has been since discharged.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#6]
cowards
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the updates.  I will do a little diggin.  I do remember the video of someone be shot...but no one was sure it was him.

The Soldier being taken this Am in Iraq got me thinking about this guy again.

Form what I recall, there is  (1) the one soldier (airman) from Gulf 1 still missing - shot down is what they say.

This guy (2)  - Still not accounted for

and the fellow who was found in Lebanon etc.  I DO NOT belive his story - but I am not the one he has to answer to. (3)

and now the guy this morning (4).

thanks again.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#8]
The MIA from the Gulf War was (CPT?) Speicher. He was assumed dead but in Iraq the second time his name was found scratched into a wall somewhere. Wish I new more.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The MIA from the Gulf War was (CPT?) Speicher. He was assumed dead but in Iraq the second time his name was found scratched into a wall somewhere. Wish I new more.

We haven't been able to ascertain if he survived ejection.  His name was supposedly found scraped into a prison wall, but nothing more than that was ever found.

In other news (good-type)  CENTCOM is saying that the report of a troop being captured this morning is bogint.  All our people are accounted for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top