Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 4:43:46 AM EDT
I was "filling in the blanks" on my sample ballot this morning and researching the "small fry" candidates (yeah, I'm a procrastinator) when I stumbled across this gem about one of them...

Bakeer, 49, of Lakeside, could not be reached for comment. He is also running for board seats on the Helix Water District, Lakeside Fire Protection District and Grossmont Healthcare District. He ran unsuccessfully for a seat on the Cajon Valley board in 2002.

Bakeer, a native of Jordan, operates a business in El Cajon that assists Chaldeans. In 2000, he pleaded guilty to stealing the political signs of his wife's opponent in her unsuccessful 1998 race for a seat on the Cajon Valley board.

Last year, he and his wife divorced. He was charged with domestic violence and pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery.

In a recent interview with The San Diego Union-Tribune, he said the incidents were blown out of proportion and said he keeps running in elections because he wants to be involved in his community.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:44:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds a bit more qualified for a US Senate seat.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds a bit more qualified for a US Senate seat.

As a demoncrap of course
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top