Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2004 4:32:53 AM EDT
I've heard about the difficulties of fraudulant voters using other peoples addresses.

I was thinking, I recieved a voter notification card at my apartment a couple weeks ago addressed to someone else.

I assumed it was for a former tenent as I occassionally get mail for all sorts of different names that I assume are old occupants of the apartment. However concern about vote fraud has got me thinking.

Should I be concerned?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:34:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Neither me nor my girlfriend had to show photo ID. Really pissed me off
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, same here. They accepted the voter reg card as proof that I was who I was claiming to be.

I asked the lady sitting at the table, "So how do you know that this is my Voter registration card?"
her response?  "Because its got your name on it, doesn't it?"

At that point I just gave up, took my ballot, filled it out, and slid it in the box.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:53:27 AM EDT
[#3]
If you got someone else's voter card I'd report it.  They may be voting using your address.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Crap! I've got one of those sitting at my apartment, I never thought about it until now.  I'll have to call when I get home this evening.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay next question, Report it to who?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Here only showed my sample ballot with my name/address/polling place on the mailing label.  They matched to their book and I signed the entry.  No ID, nothing else required.

I'm not sure what happens to those that show up without their sample ballot.  One of the ladies helping me said to her co-worker "It's so much easier when they bring their booklet in."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top