Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 3:15:15 AM EDT
I recall four years ago the media made a big deal of reporting the vote from Dixville Notch NH.  That community begins voting at midnight & report results shortly there after.  We heard it all damn day.  If I remember correctly it went for Gore in '00 but was very close.

This time around the vote was only mentioned in general terms on the 6:00am news "Early returns in from NH show 35 votes for GW & 21 for Kerry."

I wonder if its a dead story by 8:00am, dumped in favor of so called voter intimidation?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#1]
You know, I was thinking the same thing. Last night after midnight, I didn't hear a darn thing. In other presidential election years, the press made a huge deal about Dixville Notch.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
"Early returns in from NH show 35 votes for GW & 21 for Kerry."

This voting pattern is going to play out all over the country, with GWB winning an easier victory than the media would have you believe...

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:43:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the day off and I'm going to try and not watch any news until 8:00pm.  This is going to be tough since it looks like rain for most of the day.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:47:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top