Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 11:01:43 PM EDT
So we have a problem with the voting system. It is easy, in some instances it seems a little too easy, to register multiple times, illegals, foreigners, etc. to vote.

I thought that we as a country would demand a fixing of the voting system after last election, but I've heard nothing about it. So I've been thinking - what would it realisticly take to fix our voting problem?

I don't want an illegals to vote. I don't want foreigners to vote. I don't want people to vote more than once. What can stop it?

What if, after this election, the country declares all registered voters null and void and that they all need to re-register, but bring proof of citizenship? What if there is massive voting law reform to prevent illegal voting?

Has anyone conducted a study on doing something like this before, if it could work, how to get it to work, how much it would cost?

I don't know about you, but I don't like the fact that about 50,000 voters voted twice in Florida (ie live in NY, voted in NY and FL) and almost fucked up (completely) the last election. I don't like hearing from Democratic groups suggesting doing a massive day-of voter registration to vote multiple times.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/224447p-192807c.html
www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article901629.ece
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
1. All registrations are computerized and cross-referenced to known addresses. Registrations across the country can be checked for duplicates.
2. All registration must be done in person. No more 'independent groups' going out and registering (largely nonexistant)voters.
3. A picture ID must be presented when you vote.
4. When you vote, your picture will be taken  and saved to disk, along with a scan of the ID you provided. (Would prevent people from pretending they're someone else).
5. Double-blind tracking for ballots. That way your vote remains secret, UNLESS voter fraud is alleged and proven - then that vote can be isolated and removed from the total.

Rather simple, and it would actually make things much easier for the people working polls and registration.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
1. All registrations are computerized and cross-referenced to known addresses. Registrations across the country can be checked for duplicates.
2. All registration must be done in person. No more 'independent groups' going out and registering (largely nonexistant)voters.
3. A picture ID must be presented when you vote.
4. When you vote, your picture will be taken  and saved to disk, along with a scan of the ID you provided. (Would prevent people from pretending they're someone else).
5. Double-blind tracking for ballots. That way your vote remains secret, UNLESS voter fraud is alleged and proven - then that vote can be isolated and removed from the total.

Rather simple, and it would actually make things much easier for the people working polls and registration.

Sounds great, but the Lawyers would have a fucking gang bang on it, ALCU...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think either of the major parties are really interested in fixing the voting system. Somebody has to rig it afterall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top