Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 10:20:03 PM EDT
i know this is sad, but bare with me. i installed an ARMS BUIS on my new M4gery, but since i've never used loctite before, i am a little baffled about the tiny whit squeeze pouch of loctite that came with it. how should i open this little pouch and how do i apply it? sorry for the ignorance.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
RED or Blue?

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
actually it sounds like you bought the wrong kind. Did you get one that says "epoxy" or 2 part mix? or it could be a primer.

JUST READ THE DIRECTIONS!!! LOL
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If its a little tube that came with the sight, you should just be able to twist off the end.  Just put a little on the holddown screw threads and tighten it down.  The locktite keeps the screws from coming loose.

ETA:  Locktite typically is red or blue, the red is high strength and is for things you don't want to take apart again (you can use heat to losen it), and the blue is medium strength and fine for most applications and it allows you to get things apart again, good if you ever want to take the sight off.

Brian
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
it came in the box with the ARMS 40 sight. i've been told it's blue. there are no directions.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Just clip off the end of the tube of lock tite. It will be blue.
Apply one drop on the threads and tighten down as usual.
The loc-tite will keep the part from loosening  up from vibration, yet the part will easily disassemble with regular hand tools.

DON'T USE RED LOC-TITE . It is meant for more permanant applications and require the application of heat to break the bond.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
how tight should i tighten the screw?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I used a screw driver on mine.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I used a screw driver on mine.

i mean, should i be afraid of stripping the screw.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Get the screw firm and tight, that's all you need.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#10]
ok, thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top