Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 10:12:11 PM EDT
My buddy is getting ready to deploy to the gulf and was wondering about these computers. Can you guys help me out he wants to know the difference between the semi rugged and rugged version. Where can he get one of these? Thanks JC
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Semi-rugged means gel-mounted HDD, shock-mounted LCD, alloy LCD cover. Toughbook 48 and 50 fit that scrip. Fully rugged means all of the above, plus all drive doors, port doors, keyboard, battery covers and hull joints are rubber gasketed to seal out splashes. Does not mean Laptop will work underwater. Toughbook 28 and 29 fill that bill. Check out Ebay, but even there they are a pretty penny.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Good but mega $$$$
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks I will pass the info on to my buddy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top