Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 10:01:26 PM EDT
Here's the theory:

The europeans, most notably the French, Russians and Germans, are actually enjoying our mideast troubles and plan to switch the standard currency in the oil trade from US dollars to the Euro.  They will give the Arab despots anything they want in return for peace and oil.

Selling US dollars to finance our national debt will become harder and harder.  Interest rates are driven up and we go down in an inflationary balze, with servicing the interest on the debt outpacing real economic growth.  This is exacerbated by the loss of real manufacturing capacity for durable goods and computers.

The high price of oil sucks our collective coffers dry, with the money ending up in the oil futures market in Europe and in the middle east treasuries.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Chirac is giving Bin Laden safe haven in Paris. Kerry will rendezvous with them both after the election.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Chirac is giving Bin Laden safe haven in Paris. Kerry will rendezvous with them both after the election.

Given up hope?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Given up hope?

Hell no! I didn't say "after Kerry got elected". He is just going to sample the cheese.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Turn him over or we hit the Gauloise factory next.

damn, you fight dirty!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:32:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's the theory:

The europeans, most notably the French, Russians and Germans, are actually enjoying our mideast troubles and plan to switch the standard currency in the oil trade from US dollars to the Euro.  They will give the Arab despots anything they want in return for peace and oil.

Fuck anyone whose country does not speak ENGLISH! If english was good enough for Jesus it should be good enough for the rest of the human race!

My take is that English speaking countries are the constant democracies and the ones that keep having to come to the non-english speaking countries aid or fighting them. With the exception of that little 'spat' in 1812, all the English speaking countries have got along and stood for pretty much the same principles. United States, Britain, Canada, Australia & New Zealand.

Andy
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Little Spat?
You sodomizing limeys wanted to steal our men for gay sex.
Damn right we fought.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Little Spat?
Damn right we fought.

Rum, sodomy and the lash!

Do you want the USS Chesapeake back?  The remains are about ten miles from my house!

www.news.navy.mil/search/displaybbs.asp?bbs_id=706

Andy
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Little Spat?
Damn right we fought.

Do you want the USS Chesapeake back?  The remains are about ten miles from my house!

Andy

You fight dirty Vito!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#10]
You're also forgetting the bit in the 1770's where you violated colonist's rights that were guaranteed by your government, taxed them to death, housed troops in their homes, and basically screwed them up the ass like you have every other group in history.

Then the best army in the world got its ass kicked by a bunch of farmers and militiamen.

In fact, if a certain president hadn't crippled the US army and navy for political reasons (much like Kerry plans to), we'd have kicked your asses a second time in 1812 instead of calling a stalemate. You illegally boarded our ships, kidnapped our sailors, stole our cargo, and impounded trade vessels. They have a word for that, what is it, it's on the tip of my tongue, oh yeah, PIRACY. Then when we lodged a formal complaint, you start a war and set fire to our capital. Rather ineffectively, I might add.

At the end of the war, we had our military and industry back up to speed and could crank out all we needed to hand you your heads on a platter. Between us and the danged French, Britain would exist today if you hadn't wised up and sued for peace to avoid a two-front war.

Fricking pansy-ass limeys. They always like to make their own version of history and then get pissy when you correct them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Easy tough guy. Vito113/Andy's a good guy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:02:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here's the theory:

Selling US dollars to finance our national debt will become harder and harder.  Interest rates are driven up and we go down in an inflationary balze, with servicing the interest on the debt outpacing real economic growth.  This is exacerbated by the loss of real manufacturing capacity for durable goods and computers.

The high price of oil sucks our collective coffers dry, with the money ending up in the oil futures market in Europe and in the middle east treasuries.

This is right on.

In fact earlier this summer there was a lengthy piece on NPR about the OPEC nations considering the switch to Euros. Which would put us at a distinct disadvantage.

The stuff on Russia, France and Germany? I'm certain they have some very dirty laundry with regards to selling illegal stuff to Iraq. As to them being in league with bin Laden... that's a bit of a stretch for France and Russia (Russia in particular given their problems with Chechnya and their Afghani foray) but Germany... I can't say. I hope not, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Here's the theory:

Fuck anyone whose country does not speak ENGLISH! If english was good enough for Jesus it should be good enough for the rest of the human race!

My take is that English speaking countries are the constant democracies and the ones that keep having to come to the non-english speaking countries aid or fighting them. With the exception of that little 'spat' in 1812, all the English speaking countries have got along and stood for pretty much the same principles. United States, Britain, Canada, Australia & New Zealand.

Andy

And therein lies the rational for my theory that we should pursue a purely Anglo-American alliance. Whenever the sh*t has hit the fan, we have only been able to count on each other. All other allies have been allies of convienence. It's the difference between "friends", and "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

[Raises his pint to Andy]...Here, Here!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Little Spat?
Damn right we fought.

Andy

Swap you for the Gaspee, whose last known location was in view of my elementary school...

gaspee.org/BurningGaspee.html
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You're also forgetting the bit in the 1770's where you violated colonist's rights that were guaranteed by your government, taxed them to death, housed troops in their homes, and basically screwed them up the ass like you have every other group in history.

Then the best army in the world got its ass kicked by a bunch of farmers and militiamen.

In fact, if a certain president hadn't crippled the US army and navy for political reasons (much like Kerry plans to), we'd have kicked your asses a second time in 1812 instead of calling a stalemate. You illegally boarded our ships, kidnapped our sailors, stole our cargo, and impounded trade vessels. They have a word for that, what is it, it's on the tip of my tongue, oh yeah, PIRACY. Then when we lodged a formal complaint, you start a war and set fire to our capital. Rather ineffectively, I might add.

At the end of the war, we had our military and industry back up to speed and could crank out all we needed to hand you your heads on a platter. Between us and the danged French, Britain would exist today if you hadn't wised up and sued for peace to avoid a two-front war.

Fricking pansy-ass limeys. They always like to make their own version of history and then get pissy when you correct them.

Thanks for the history lesson… I'm well aware of the facts, but that's not surprising considering how many Amrican relatives I have… after all, my relatives have been exporting themselves to America from Ireland for @200 years.

Limey? I'm Irish!

Andy
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#16]
The supreme fact of the 19th century was that England and the United States spoke the same language-Bismark.
That fact remained true through the 20th and I hope the next as well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 3:31:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Little Spat?
Damn right we fought.

Andy

I'll be over to pick it up this weekend
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 3:56:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Thanks for the history lesson… I'm well aware of the facts, but that's not surprising considering how many Amrican relatives I have… after all, my relatives have been exporting themselves to America from Ireland for @200 years.

Limey? I'm Irish!

Andy

Irish, not Brit?  OK, you can stay but ONLY if you bring the Guinness and some good whiskey!

(Irish heritage myself)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top