Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2001 2:18:24 AM EDT
i might be trading for this gun. Ive never owned a AR-15 and have never heard of this brand. Are these good AR's? accurate and reliable as most AR's?. what is the price range these would sell for. i see bushmasters on Aim go for $720 and i hear bushmasters are good. let me know guys this would be my first ar and i will be trading my best and almost as Accurat as a AR-15, AK-47 for it. thanks guys.

also anyone have a AR-15 for sale. Man i would really like one of the Group purchase rifles, wish i had alot of money. is there a layaway plan :).

what is the big deal about chrome lined bores, i just like to shoot and clean my gun every time after i go shooting so it shouldnt be a problem without a chrome lined barrel should there?

this is my first post, so take it easy on a virgin :)
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Just my .02 here so take it with a grain of salt.

First, I have an ASA 20" upper that I am pleased with.
But I'd say that I am the exception, not the rule.
The majority of people here will tell you that ASAS's are more trouble than they are worth. The owner is extremely pissy with anyone who has a problem or malfunction with one of his rifles.
Have you read up on the comments from the ASA forum?

Bushies are very nice for the $.
Gunsmoke Enterprises is a good place to look for prices on those and Kit rifles.

The LEGP Rock River Rifle seams to be an excellant deal. If you don't mind waiting for 3+ months(or more) to receive it.
But keep in mind that these are individually built hand assembled rifles. And the people who have received theirs have had some rave reviews.

FWIW,
Wilson Combat sells their hand built rifles for around $1500+-.

Personally I would not sell your AK, especially if it is an accurate one.

Yes there is a financing option through G&B and 1 other person here. RRA rifle is $660 delivered, but you will need some sort of sight to go on it, as it is a flat top upper.

Chrome lining is for reliabillity and corrosion resistance. And longevity too.
But not as accurate as a non chrome lined.

If you clean after shooting and don't live in a area with Salty air there shouldn't be a problem for which you'd need the C.L.

Some just prefer it on their SHTF rifle for utmost reliabillity.

What are your shooting plans?
What dist. do you plan to shoot at.
Are you just a plinker or do you plan to shoot competitively or burn large quantities of ammo monthly?

Oh, and welcome to the site.
There are plenty here who will gladly offer their 2 cents. Just remember everyone has "Their" opinion. Some more so than others.

My suggestion is to do as much reading of posts as you can.
Use the search feature for specific questions.
Many times those same questions have been asked several times before. And you will most likely be able to answer most of them by yourself.

Good luck,
Del.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks alot del, i do live in oregon, about 5 miles from the ocean :). im thinking about just keeping my ak and saving up fro the LEGP or a bushmaster from AIM.

How come there is no email notification on when someone replies to your message, or is there and im not just turning it on. its a really handy feature.

thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top