Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/1/2004 8:28:19 PM EDT
Today (11/01) I was supposed to receive a package I have been expecting. I checked the UPS website and it showed the  package as "out for delivery."  well its now 9:30 PM and no delivery attempt was even made.  Is it unreasonable to expect the UPS driver to try to deliver every package on his truck? Is it normal for him to return to the local center with packages on his truck that he never even tried to deliver?

I called customer service and they were no help.  They were unable to tell me where the package was currently located, who the driver was that failed to deliver the package, whether he was the regular driver or a substitute, or even provide a phone number to contact someone from the local office.

I drove to the local office and spoke to a young man at the counter. (He looked like a criminal street gang member).  He tried to locate my package but was unable to access any more information than what was provided on the UPS website.  He could not tell me why no delivery attempt was made, or even who the driver was. He called someone to “check the truck” and they said my package was not left on the truck.  He was unable to tell me where my package was currently located.  After waiting 45-minutes at the customer counter I left empty handed with no questions answered.  Is it unreasonable to expect that if a package comes back on the truck, that it is scanned into the local center inventory both to keep track of it and prevent loss or theft?  

Drivers should be held accountable for the packages on their trucks. Their job is to deliver the packages, and in this incidence, the driver did not do his job.  Clearly the driver is under qualified for his job and should go back to sweeping the floor or loading packages.  His supervisors are not doing their jobs either.

From now on I am going to specify shipping by Priority Mail or Fed-Ex whenever possible. Fuck UPS!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
UPS has messed up my stuff before, leaving the ammo in the rain was a nice tough that time.

I got really pissed when I got my package and it had been opened, 2 pounds of my beef jerky was missing.

I wonder what UPS pays...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I had fed ex do a similar thing.

I was sitting by a window waiting for a package during the time it was supposed to be delivered.  Next time I checked the tracking it said that I wasn't home to take delivery.

I called to bitch but it was all automated.  Ended up writing a flaming E-Mail.  I'm pretty sure it was filed under "trash".

eta:  oh yea... I saw two fed ex trucks go by while I was waiting.  Neither one even slowed down.  It was almost 5.  I figured they said screw it and decided to stop for the day.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#3]
DHL isn't bad either. They bought our Airborne Express and are pretty big now. All the drivers have a Nextel cell phone with the walkie talkie feature so dispatch can get a hold of them while on the road.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
In this "bad" economy you would think there would be plenty of former pizza drivers who know how to read a map and would be better UPS drivers than the boob that forgot to deliver my package.

No pride in their work.  "hey, there's a package stil on my truck, how did i forget that one? oh well, i'll get to it tomorrow, footballs on TV."
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to mention, they pay pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't had any problems yet... the UPS guys that deliver to our house are pretty cool... though, I heard the Fed-Ex guy listening to Rush when he pulled up.
I haven't tried DHL yet.
I don't blame them for the package delivery, blame the whole system.  Unless of course, you see your UPS guy picking up a hooker and paying her with 2lbs of your beef jerky... if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
.Unless of course, you see your UPS guy picking up a hooker and paying her with 2lbs of your beef jerky... if you know what I mean.

Its all funny until they take your beef jerky....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know about UPS, but I did work at FedEx Ground for a year.  I scanned packages and loaded them on the trucks.  I also occasionaly rode along with various drivers to help them on their route.  

It was not uncommon for drivers to bring packages back.  When they got a heavy load it would be simply impossible for them to deliver every package.  In extreme cases, like before christmas, temporary drivers with rental trucks would be hired to ease the load.  Though, I would think your package should have been scanned into the system as having not been delivered.  It'll probably turn up tomorrow.

Rarely would any drivers bring a package back twice, unless they needed a signature or COD or any reason other than just being too busy.  If your package was expensive, say a new computer or a rifle, the driver would probably get a signature for it.  At least that's how it worked at FedEx, because the drivers were personally responsible for each package.  If they didn't get a signature and the recipient makes a claim, it came out of the driver's pocket.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I hate UPS absolutely.

While FedEx isn't perfect, in my experience they are much better. In my job I do a lot of shipping and receiving, and overall the FedEx (express, ground, and even freight) packages arrive on time and don't look like an elephant stomped on them. UPS, on the other hand, is quite another story.

Don't even get me started on how many times a delivery has been rescheduled, thrown on my neighbor's porch instead of mine, or just left in an easy to see (and thus easy to steal) spot on my property. These bastard drivers get paid over $20 an hour and still they don't do a good job.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#11]
UPS is anti gun? How?
Is FED-EX any better? DHL?
I guess the USPS would be pretty 2nd amendment friendly, I mean, since they're run by the government, right?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
These bastard drivers get paid over $20 an hour and still they don't do a good job.  

Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, isn't that basically the same as any union job?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yeah, isn't that basically the same as any union job?

I think you just made a light bulb go off above my head. No wonder the service is so shitty, these are union workers. Funny how I actually never considered that before.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I didn't know they were union workers... It just sounded stereotypical union... get paid a lot to do a shitty job without worrying about getting fired.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Remember back in 199X they went on strike for awhile?

That hurt thier buisness alot then too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
DHL isn't bad either. They bought our Airborne Express and are pretty big now. All the drivers have a Nextel cell phone with the walkie talkie feature so dispatch can get a hold of them while on the road.

if only DHL would ship firearms...

I've had a good experience with FedEx Home Delivery. They attempted to deliver a package but I wasn't home. They called my cell phone while I was at school and said "sorry we missed you.. we'll be in the area again from around 2:30 to 3:30, would you like us to attempt delivery again?" And they did. At 3:05 they were knocking on my door with my Blackhawk drop leg holster.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:56:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Today (11/01) I was supposed to receive a package I have been expecting. I checked the UPS website and it showed the  package as "out for delivery."  well its now 9:30 PM and no delivery attempt was even made.  Is it unreasonable to expect the UPS driver to try to deliver every package on his truck? Is it normal for him to return to the local center with packages on his truck that he never even tried to deliver?

I called customer service and they were no help.  They were unable to tell me where the package was currently located, who the driver was that failed to deliver the package, whether he was the regular driver or a substitute, or even provide a phone number to contact someone from the local office.

I drove to the local office and spoke to a young man at the counter. (He looked like a criminal street gang member).  He tried to locate my package but was unable to access any more information than what was provided on the UPS website.  He could not tell me why no delivery attempt was made, or even who the driver was. He called someone to “check the truck” and they said my package was not left on the truck.  He was unable to tell me where my package was currently located.  After waiting 45-minutes at the customer counter I left empty handed with no questions answered.  Is it unreasonable to expect that if a package comes back on the truck, that it is scanned into the local center inventory both to keep track of it and prevent loss or theft?  

Drivers should be held accountable for the packages on their trucks. Their job is to deliver the packages, and in this incidence, the driver did not do his job.  Clearly the driver is under qualified for his job and should go back to sweeping the floor or loading packages.  His supervisors are not doing their jobs either.

From now on I am going to specify shipping by Priority Mail or Fed-Ex whenever possible. Fuck UPS!

How old are you?  Seriously.  I turn 40 next week.  

As a teenager I LOVED to see the UPS guy pulling up.  Still do.  Almost all home and car stereo back then was bought through mail-order and the big, brown truck toted it to my front door.  

I chased down many of those trucks, and pestered the staff at the local hub often looking for the latest toy, starting around 1980.  Back then, 'out for delivery' meant maybe that week, and certainly not a specific day and hour.  

What I'm tryin' to say is that we certainly understand your frustration, but a few years ago it was WAY more vague.  

Damn, I wanted to beat some of 'em when the box wasn't on the truck.  

BTW, what are you expecting?

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Well maybe I can shed some light here, as a Former UPS Package Car and Feeder Truck Driver

Quoted:

When you did your tracking on USP.com, was today the expected delivery date?

They should have been able to tell you if the package was still in the system, you should have asked to talk to a supervisor. As far as telling you who the driver is, they are not going to give you that information, as it really does not matter.  <eg> would you want your employer telling people what your daily schedual is? Wether or not if you are at work or have the day off........think about how stupid that question is
As far as the Phone numbers to local UPS hubs go, 1-800-PICK-UPS will contact the local hub.

Again you should have asked to talk to a supervisor, the people that are working the counter are mostly part-time employees that have no REAL CLUE on how the UPS system works.
Anything that is left on the truck is still on the system and would be accessable by the trackinbg number, they just dont dissapear

Drivers should be held accountable for the packages on their trucks. Their job is to deliver the packages, and in this incidence, the driver did not do his job.

Believe me they are more than accountable for the packages on their Package Car

Clearly the driver is under qualified for his job and should go back to sweeping the floor or loading packages.  His supervisors are not doing their jobs either.

If you think you could or can do a better job, I'm Sure UPS would love to have you as a Employee.

Totally your decession

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#20]
UPS guarantees delivery by the date stated on the web site when you do a time cost calculation. This doesn't mean they will deliver when they want, feel like, or get around to. It means the package should be in my hands or on my door step by the time it was guaranteed to be.

While in theory I can get my money back if UPS doesn't hold up their end of the deal, it's more of a pain in the ass than it's worth. Having to talk to some fat affirmative action idiot who doesn't give a shit about your problem doesn't make the situation any better. Having to wait weeks or longer for a refund further makes it a worthless endeavor to try and hold them accountable.

I've had several bad experiences with UPS. While problems will come up with a company as big and one that handles as many packages as UPS does, I've personally had too many to consider it acceptable by now. Unfortunately most of the mail order shopping I do ship via UPS and don't offer other carriers.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
UPS is anti gun? How?
I guess the USPS would be pretty 2nd amendment friendly, I mean, since they're run by the government, right?

Anyone?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#22]
One word describes UPS.....Unionized.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#23]
That explains the overpaid lazy workers, but that instantly means they won't ship guns either?
What will/won't they ship?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That when the package is "out for delivery" it's delivered that day, or at least an attempt is made.  Not returned to the local center with no explanation.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
UPS guarantees delivery by the date stated on the web site when you do a time cost calculation. This doesn't mean they will deliver when they want, feel like, or get around to. It means the package should be in my hands or on my door step by the time it was guaranteed to be.

The only guaranteed deliver is Next Day Air (no later than 10:30 am), Next Day Air Saver(no later than 2:00 pm), 2nd Day Air and 3day  ground select[/blue

While in theory I can get my money back if UPS doesn't hold up their end of the deal, it's more of a pain in the ass than it's worth. Having to talk to some fat affirmative action idiot who doesn't give a shit about your problem doesn't make the situation any better. Having to wait weeks or longer for a refund further makes it a worthless endeavor to try and hold them accountable.

If you have one of the above coming and it is past the delivery date you will get a refund

I've had several bad experiences with UPS. While problems will come up with a company as big and one that handles as many packages as UPS does, I've personally had too many to consider it acceptable by now. Unfortunately most of the mail order shopping I do ship via UPS and don't offer other carriers.

As a former UPS employee this does not surprise me, As a UPS Stockholder this truley saddens me
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Well maybe I can shed some light here, as a Former UPS Package Car and Feeder Truck Driver

Quoted:

When you did your tracking on USP.com, was today the expected delivery date?

They should have been able to tell you if the package was still in the system, you should have asked to talk to a supervisor. As far as telling you who the driver is, they are not going to give you that information, as it really does not matter.  

It matters in that the normal driver is very reliable, and usually here every day at the same time. however to substitute drivers often cannot find my street, deliver much later in the day, or cant read addresses and leave the packages next door.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That when the package is "out for delivery" it's delivered that day, or at least an attempt is made.  Not returned to the local center with no explanation.

Do you know for sure that the package was  returned to the local hub?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, and neither does UPS. All they know is it was loaded on a truck at 7:30 AM on 11/01/04 to be delivered that day, and was not.  So maybe it fell out of the back of the truck?  The only thing that's for sure is the driver did not deliver to package when and where he was supposed to.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Thats who I work for... Sort of.

www.astaraircargo.com/
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, and neither does UPS. All they know is it was loaded on a truck at 7:30 AM on 11/01/04 to be delivered that day, and was not.  So maybe it fell out of the back of the truck?  The only thing that's for sure is the driver did not deliver to package when and where he was supposed to.

Would you care to IM me the tracking number?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPS is anti gun? How?

Anyone?

[flameon]

UPS - Make you follow their fascist regulations regarding shipping. Fucking unions!

Fed-Ex - not really different than UPS, but some seem to think they're a lot less restrictive.

DHL - NO firearms are allowed to be shipped PERIOD! EVER! NO WAY JOSE!

USPS - good for long guns. No handguns.

[/flameon]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I guess I'll add UPS to my list of companies I try to avoid... so far that's only:
UPS
eBay
PayPal
McDonalds
Taco Bell
Heinz Ketchup
Can you ever send handguns in the mail anyway?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPS is anti gun? How?

Anyone?

[flameon]

UPS - Make you follow their fascist regulations regarding shipping. Fucking unions!

Fed-Ex - not really different than UPS, but some seem to think they're a lot less restrictive.

DHL - NO firearms are allowed to be shipped PERIOD! EVER! NO WAY JOSE!

USPS - good for long guns. No handguns.

[/flameon]

UPS will no longer ship machineguns.
www.subguns.com/boards/mgmsgarchive.cgi?read=409631
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perfectly reasonable expectation.

My original question was vague,

What "merchandise" is on the truck, that you're so eager to receive? ....if you don't mind sharing...?  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only guaranteed deliver is Next Day Air (no later than 10:30 am), Next Day Air Saver(no later than 2:00 pm), 2nd Day Air and 3day  ground select[/blue

If you have one of the above coming and it is past the delivery date you will get a refund

As a former UPS employee this does not surprise me, As a UPS Stockholder this truley saddens me

Actually, ground packages are guaranteed by end of day unless I somehow misread the UPS site.
Also, I realize a refund can be had, but as I said, having to talk to several affirmative action morons and having to wait weeks makes it all worthless to pursue.

Like I said, I understand that there will be problems here and there when you deal with millions of packages and have thousands of employees. While I'd be aggravated if I had a bad experience once or twice in a several year time span, having several negative experiences, almost in a row, has really soured me on UPS.

I had an issue with FedEx when the system said my package had been delivered but it was no where to be found on my property and I was home at the time too. I called, deliberately made a huge deal of it and told them it was absolutely unacceptable and that I was very dissatisfied with them. I got a call back in 15 minutes asking for more information. About another 10-15 minutes after that the driver knocked on my door and handed me my package. She delivered it to another house with the same number but a different street name. While I had a problem, it was cleared up in about 30 minutes and I was happy. This is far more than I can say for UPS.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:25:38 AM EDT
[#36]
UPS is pretty bad.  More than once I've found packages that were supposed to have a signature  just laying on my porch.    "Machine parts" that I would hate to lose.

Rip
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:45:37 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
UPS has messed up my stuff before, leaving the ammo in the rain was a nice tough that time.

I got really pissed when I got my package and it had been opened, 2 pounds of my beef jerky was missing.

I wonder what UPS pays...

I don't know what they pay the drivers, but I used to work for them in '84-'87. I was at first an unloader, and then a sorter. Started out at $8.68/hr, worked my way up to $10ish.  That was decent money for a part-time worker back then. I think the drivers were making $30-35k.

Now, I see ads for $8 an hour starting, and this is a UNION job, 16 years later. Inflation sure has eaten up the value of that $8/hr...would be equivalent to about $14.60/hr now.

I don't care if only $1 worth of stuff is missing from my package, I'd file a claim. Screw UPS. I prefer Fedex...they've never done me wrong yet.

Incidentally, one way to avoid alot of the "you weren't home to sign for this package" woes can be alleviated by getting a "Private mailbox" Postnet, Mailboxes etc, and probably some other companies have mailboxes that'll accept mail, sign for packages, etc...I pay about $70 a year. I don't have to worry about packages being stolen off my property, letf in the rain, etc.  Plus they have Post office services right there, so it's convienent. They do accept UPS/Fedex, but charge about 50% more than published rates. (which saves me a 20-mile drive to the Fedex hub).
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:29:07 AM EDT
[#38]
I hate UPS when they fake delivery.  That means a trip to the depot and 30 - 60 minutes wasted looking for the package.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:56:26 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Today (11/01) I was supposed to receive a package I have been expecting. I checked the UPS website and it showed the  package as "out for delivery."  well its now 9:30 PM and no delivery attempt was even made.  Is it unreasonable to expect the UPS driver to try to deliver every package on his truck? Is it normal for him to return to the local center with packages on his truck that he never even tried to deliver? My center has a curfew, set by the bldg manager.  We have to be back by 730pm.  Done or not.  They make use call in my 3pm if we won't finish and be back by that time.  I sometimes get packages on my truck that are for a town thats 1.5 hrs away from my delivery area.  The manager won't let me deliver those when that happens.  Thats a loader problem.  Our new system being implemented next year will tell you exactly which truck it was loaded on vs which truck it 'should' be on.

I called customer service and they were no help. The people on the 800 are not usually even in the same state that you're calling from, They don't know all 300K employees by first name basis They were unable to tell me where the package was currently located, who the driver was that failed to deliver the package, whether he was the regular driver or a substitute, or even provide a phone number to contact someone from the local office.

I drove to the local office and spoke to a young man at the counter. (He looked like a criminal street gang member).  He tried to locate my package but was unable to access any more information than what was provided on the UPS website.  He could not tell me why no delivery attempt was made, or even who the driver was. He called someone to “check the truck” and they said my package was not left on the truck.  He was unable to tell me where my package was currently located.  After waiting 45-minutes at the customer counter I left empty handed with no questions answered.  Is it unreasonable to expect that if a package comes back on the truck, that it is scanned into the local center inventory both to keep track of it and prevent loss or theft?  packages aren't usually 're-scanned' when they come back until about 11pm or later at my bldg, with the new system going in next year as I stated will show exactly where the package is vs where it should be.  It will eliminate the human error factor.

Drivers should be held accountable for the packages on their trucks. Their job is to deliver the packages, and in this incidence, the driver did not do his job.  Clearly the driver is under qualified for his job and should go back to sweeping the floor or loading packages.  His supervisors are not doing their jobs either.  Typical planned day is 9.5hrs of work, for me thats doing 140 stops which is about 350 packages and pick ups are about 20 pick ups usually 200 packages .  Most drivers work 11hrs a day.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:59:18 AM EDT
[#40]
They are held accoutable.........by your wallet.

You continue to use UPS, that makes them viable in the marketplace.

You stop using UPS because they are a bunch od gorillas, they quickly become more careful and start treating packages with care, like they used to.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:00:38 AM EDT
[#41]
We unforunatley use UPS at work to ship. I can't count the number of times I have been lied to. The latest? I shipped some items to a USAR unit that was deploying and needed them by Wensday. They were shipped Friday and the place was only 120 miles away, would have on normal days been an over night delivery, but they got there Thursday because from Monday untill I called Wensday the sat on the damm truck.

So I called. You can't talk to someone at whatever terminal (but if you do a lot, get your driver to gove you teh # for the local terminal. It will piss people off that you have it, but its the only way to get things done) you have to deal with the 1-800 number.

First excuse: There is no Army Reserve Center in that town, which was a flat out lie.
Second excuse: The address was 904 and I put 907. But I looked quickly in the computer and even printed a duplicate copy of the label, and it was in the computer ar 904. Another flat out lie.

I am waiting on the third lie, they are supposed to be getting back to me.

Like someone else said, they are union thats all you need to know. When I get back and have a chance to get back in the swing of things we are going to Fedex ground.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:12:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Speaking from intimate familiarity with both co's, let me say this-in my AOR anyway, all freight that is scanned OFD MUST be delivered that day as long as we don't have any trouble finding your crib or place of business. Don't know about Brown or Blue, but with Yellow, the "I don't feel like going there today" line doesn't cut it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:16:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I had fed ex do a similar thing.

I was sitting by a window waiting for a package during the time it was supposed to be delivered.  Next time I checked the tracking it said that I wasn't home to take delivery.

I called to bitch but it was all automated.  Ended up writing a flaming E-Mail.  I'm pretty sure it was filed under "trash".

eta:  oh yea... I saw two fed ex trucks go by while I was waiting.  Neither one even slowed down.  It was almost 5.  I figured they said screw it and decided to stop for the day.

Had pretty much the same thing happen to us. He did however leave  the standard "we tried to deliver and you weren't home note" during the 5 minutes it took me to pee. WTF? I didn't even hear a knock or the bell ring. He refused to venture inside the yard because of the clasp on the gate to keep lilGH from opening it and wandering off. It isn't a lock damnit... anyone but lilGH can open it.. well and the fedex guy.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:21:05 AM EDT
[#44]
UPS sucks, is an understatement.

How can you tell there is going to be a lesbian wedding?
All the tin cans tied to the ups truck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:32:56 AM EDT
[#45]
well i guess im differnt, i will defend UPS. i like brown . i have a driver that is perfect.  he goes above and beyond. he like part of the family he gets drinks in the summer, and christmas gifts at christmas, alwaysa box of candy and a thankyou card. mayb thats why i dont know.  i have had guns droped off buy ups and fedex and the postoffice.  ups has been the best , i never received my weapon from fedex i always had to hunt it down, when your getting handguns you know there next day air you know they will be here tommarow, you have a tracking #  and you watch it go thru they sytem at fedex, all to a undeleverable address. when you have a fedex account and shipe with them. come on. the driver didnt want to come the 50 miles to drop it off. i have never had this problem with brown.  so in my area its brown. Dhl is also very good.  Ronald
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:43:16 AM EDT
[#46]
As unbelievable as this sounds the post office has never screwed me but once. They left $300 worth of cigars at the wrong house. They made good upon showing them my receipt. Ups and fedex have pissed me off a dozen times each at least. I had one good ups guy that I tipped every time he delivered ammo (5-10k rds each time) After I moved I never have the same one twice and they suck.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#47]
I must be one of the few who's not experienced any major problems with UPS. Home delivery has always been on time, and with no problems. I live in a safe neighborhood with a front porch that keeps all of my packages out of the weather. The drivers that have had my route have all been friendly an conscientious.

When I was in the firearms business I had only one problem with UPS - and that was with deliveries about three times a week. In that one incident, a box containing three SS Mini-14's had been damaged by some sort of liquid. The liquid penetrated the shipping box and had damaged the Ruger boxes pretty badly. There was no damage to the firearms or the paperwork at all. The UPS claims man came to the business and agreed that it was UPS's fault and was prepered to pay for the damages in full. That was until I informed him that if he was planning to take the damaged goods with him after reimbursing me, that he'd have to do the 4473 form first. After I had explained the importance of a firearm having the original box with the serial number on it, he then offered a deal that enabled me to keep the rifles with reimbursement amounting to a significant amount of the original cost to me for the goods. So I recovered most of my costs for the goods while getting to keep the goods to sell. I was able to sell the rifles as new without the box at a much lower price than new with the box, while making a better than usual profit on the deal. Three people got great deals on a SS Mini, while I made a good profit. Thanks to UPS...

If that's the worst I can say about UPS, then I consider myself a satisfied customer. I've heard all the horror stories, so I'd say I'm fortunate indeed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

This is why I left UPS after 2 1/2 yrs. I am glad you have all your ducks in a row and have all the facts before you start to flame a guy for not doing his job.

I will fill you in on how the system works, package comes into the sort area, package is scanned as recieved, is the sorted(hopefully)to the right belt(which are broke down bt zip code) then loaded on the right truck(each loader has 5 or so trucks that they have to load). Now if the package gets put on the wrong truck or sent to the wrong belt, then yes it is marked out for delievery. But if the wrong driver has it, you are not going to see it that day.

So your gang member as you called goes to look on the truck that shouild have had, and it's on a different truck, then he will not know where it is at. UPS does make mistake, but they move millions of packages every day, I worked at a small center in Savannah and we would process 30 to 40 thousand packages in less than 3 hours.

On every package a driver trys to deliver it will have a "Driver Cross" on it they make a small cross and in each section they make they date and time of when they tried to deliver the package, after 4 attempts the package may be sent back, or you will recieve a postcard.

So go ahead blame the driver, its all his fault.........and yes it takes over 6 months in order to try and fire a guy that loads the wrong package on the wrong truck, all thanks to the union, the first thing that would happen to the guy that loaded the wrong package is one day at home, but with pay! and they break down his load over 2 guys.only if you have a full crew that day.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if only DHL would ship firearms...

I've had a good experience with FedEx Home Delivery. They attempted to deliver a package but I wasn't home. They called my cell phone while I was at school and said "sorry we missed you.. we'll be in the area again from around 2:30 to 3:30, would you like us to attempt delivery again?" And they did. At 3:05 they were knocking on my door with my Blackhawk drop leg holster.

I didn't know they didn't ship firearms. Guess that rules them out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top