Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 6:50:50 PM EDT
I wonder how Billy Waggoner, and the rest of those yahoos feel now for getting in front of cameras and scolding everyone, saying how much of a good guy he was, and not to focus on his substance abuse. . . .  But, I guess to a typical professional athelete he WAS a good guy.

I guess I am expected to feel sorry for this guy, and his family, even though he was on the top of his world and pissed it all away. . . .

Official says Caminiti died of drug overdose

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Former baseball National League MVP Ken Caminiti died of an accidental drug overdose, a spokeswoman for the New York City medical examiner said Monday.

Toxicology and tissue tests conducted after Caminiti died Oct. 10 in New York showed he died of acute intoxication due to the combined effects of cocaine and opiates with contributing factors that included coronary artery disease and cardiactic hypertrophy, an enlarged heart.

Caminiti's agent-lawyer, Rick Licht, told CNN that Caminiti, 41, had been visiting friends in New York when he was admitted to Lincoln Hospital in the Bronx.

After testing positive for cocaine use in February 2003, Caminiti served time at the Harris County jail outside of Houston, Texas.

He was divorced and is survived by three daughters, his parents, a brother and sister, Licht said.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Feel sorry for his family.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they spoke KNOWING he had an addicition -- but was STILL a good guy at heart.  Not everyone can be as perfect as you apparently....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Feel sorry for his family.

Right, I should have put that in.  I do.  I just won't shed a tear for him.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think they spoke KNOWING he had an addicition -- but was STILL a good guy at heart.  Not everyone can be as perfect as you apparently....

I am definitly not perfect.  But I always remember this: none of us are perfect, but some if us are a lot less perfect than others . . . .
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am definitly not perfect.  But I always remember this: none of us are perfect, but some if us are a lot less perfect than others . . . .

If that makes you feel better about yourself......
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
They kinda said the same thing about Darryl Strawberry and Lawrence Taylor.

And Steve Howe and Ferguson Jenkins.  

Some guys are just too human.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#7]
....and this is a suprise?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top