Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 6:20:25 PM EDT
I've been looking at a few drop holsters and I just can't pick what one would be best there is the safariland land 6004 and then there are the holsters from High speed gear Inc. www.highspeedgearinc.com/index.htm I know I'm not going to get one with Velcro that holds my mags in because Velcro and sand don't mix well.  If you guys have any other suggestions I'd like to here them. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
High Speed is excellent gear and in the sand.  I wouldn't worry about the velcro.
Its top of the line gear and I've owned several pieces.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the 6004 and you will be good to go.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
that HSG holster looks mighty nice
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Special Operations Technologies' tactical thigh holster has gotten alot of recommendations from a few gear forums.  The Safariland is a better retaining holster, but can become irritating after wearing for long periods of activity.  My SOE holster is currently on backorder, so I have no firsthand experience with it.

http://www.lightfighter.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=504&strVarSel=2605,2594,2599&strCompare=
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The HSGI Saddle Holster is indeed a nice piece of gear.  I've had one for a couple of years now.  It is NOT real good for crawling around in the mud, it'll still slide around...but I've not met a drop leg that works for crawling around anyway.

I'd recommend the SOE drop leg over the HSGI one, just out of personal preference.  About the same price too.

If you're going to be on your belly much, get a belt holster.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both.
If you were just doing City work the '04 is a great holster. I wouldnt want to get sand in the rotating hood.

The HSGI is bomb proof and is my Fav. Plus if money is an issue, it already comes with 2 mag pouches built in.

You can use velcro, fastex of both to secure the mags. I put 1 mag and a multi tool in them 99% of the time.

The second "ABN" strap can be folded under the holster so it is out of the way. Ill see if I can get a pic up of what i mean. I wouldnt get the optional flap.

If you can only get one, I'd say HSGI, But in the spirit of ARFCOM, get them both.

My choice between the two is the HSGI.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My choice between the two is the HSGI.  

+1 My HSGI got 24/7 duty in OIF and OIFII and its still going strong.....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1 My HSGI got 24/7 duty in OIF and OIFII and its still going strong.....

Never mind what I said above.  This guy's used his a lot more than I've used mine in 4 years owning it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#11]
The SafariLand 6004 is by far the shit. Retention hood gets gritty w/ dirt and sand but works fine if you rinse it once in a decade w/ some fresh water.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank for the info you all I think I might go with the HSG it looks really nice gear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top