Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 2:28:15 PM EDT
This is the first election that I am eligible to vote in so when one of my friends approached me with this question I didn’t know the answer. He went with me to a W04 rally and filled out his voter’s registration while there. About a month ago he got a notice in the mail stating that if he doesn’t reply to the letter then he will be confirming his information and will be automatically registered to vote. Well he said he still has not received his voter’s registration information and he is not sure if he will be able to vote this year. Unfortunately he’s not a super motivated guy and he feels that he will just be turned down at the polls. I need some information that will prove to him that his vote will count and his time will not be wasted.

Every vote for Bush counts
Jerad
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
come on guys

BTTT

Jerad
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Too late to tell.  Go to poll, find out there.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:20:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe he can contact the local Republican Party office?  If he filled it out at a W rally, they probably have his information on file somewhere.  Maybe?

EDIT:  Not quite sure how this one works.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to get out more when I read the thread topic I thought it said dating not voting

Take your friend to the polling place he should go to and have them check the rolls for his name and if it's not there tell them that he wants a Provisional Ballot.

Provisional voting is one of the election reform measures Secretary Blunt initiated in Missouri, in order to guarantee every qualified and registered voter has the opportunity to vote on Election Day.

When voters arrive at the polling place on Election Day, the election judges check the poll book, a list of all of the jurisdiction's registered voters, to confirm that the voter is properly registered and at the correct polling place. Prior to provisional voting, if a person's name was not in the poll book they were not allowed to vote. With provisional voting, a voter whose name is not found in the poll book on Election Day is given a provisional ballot. Provisional ballots are distinguished from regular ballots so that the election authority can later investigate the provisional voter's registration status.
www.sos.mo.gov/firstvote/students/voting_faq.asp
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Take your pal to the poll and have him get a provisional ballot as described above.

Afterwards, he's due a lecture about growing up and taking some responsibility as a Citizen of this Great Republic.

Slackin' ain't cool, it's a dumbass waste of everyone's time.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help guys, he went with me this morning. He had no problem at all, he was in the books. chalk one more up for W and thanks for the help.

Jerad
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top