Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 2:09:47 PM EDT

Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf Calls On DNC To Stop Fraudulent Phone Calls Claiming He Has Endorsed Senator Kerry

TAMPA, FL – Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf today issued the following statement:

"The Democratic National Committee is making fraudulent phone calls claiming that I have endorsed Senator Kerry. Nothing could be further from the truth, and I demand that they stop immediately.

"Senator Kerry opposed the Reagan defense build-up that won the Cold War. Senator Kerry opposed the removal of Saddam Hussein from Kuwait. Senator Kerry proposed billions in intelligence cuts after the first attack on the World Trade Center. Senator Kerry voted against funds to equip our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan with supplies like body armor and ammunition.

"I am supporting President Bush for reelection, because he is the candidate who has demonstrated the conviction needed to defeat terrorism. In contrast to the President's steadfast determination to defeat our enemies, Senator Kerry has a record of weakness that gives me no confidence in his ability to fight and win the War on Terror. His attempt to make up for these deficiencies by falsifying my endorsement only confirms my impression that he is not the man we need to lead our nation."

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing surprises me anymore.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#2]
He gave specops hell during desert storm, he is a shit stain on the crack of humanity.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The level to which Democrats will stoop will never cease to amaze me...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
this is good news. He will get more press out of this than if he just said that he endorsed Bush.

Press x10
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Mac, they'll say or do anything to put that stain in the Whitehouse...

This is like waiting for a shot at the doctor's office... We need to get this over, put Bush back in the Oval Office and move forward... I'm starting to think my head is gonna explode...

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He gave specops hell during desert storm, he is a shit stain on the crack of humanity.

THAT's sufficient reason to be a shitstain?

Gee, does ANYONE pass your moral test?

As for the Dems, doesn't surprise me in the least. They'd call saying Christ Himself had endorsed Kerry if they felt they could get away with it!

This is why I DON'T like early voting: What if you change your mind over a lie like this before the election?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THAT's sufficient reason to be a shitstain?

Gee, does ANYONE pass your moral test?

As for the Dems, doesn't surprise me in the least. They'd call saying Christ Himself had endorsed Kerry if they felt they could get away with it!

This is why I DON'T like early voting: What if you change your mind over a lie like this before the election?

Thats not a moral test, that is an asshat test and he passed. Had he made better decisions things would have been different.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#9]

MORE DEMOCRAT PARTY LIES!!!!!!!

Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf Calls On DNC To Stop Fraudulent Phone Calls Claiming He Has Endorsed Senator Kerry

TAMPA, FL – Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf today issued the following statement:

"The Democratic National Committee is making fraudulent phone calls claiming that I have endorsed Senator Kerry. Nothing could be further from the truth, and I demand that they stop immediately.

"Senator Kerry opposed the Reagan defense build-up that won the Cold War. Senator Kerry opposed the removal of Saddam Hussein from Kuwait. Senator Kerry proposed billions in intelligence cuts after the first attack on the World Trade Center. Senator Kerry voted against funds to equip our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan with supplies like body armor and ammunition.

"I am supporting President Bush for reelection, because he is the candidate who has demonstrated the conviction needed to defeat terrorism. In contrast to the President's steadfast determination to defeat our enemies, Senator Kerry has a record of weakness that gives me no confidence in his ability to fight and win the War on Terror. His attempt to make up for these deficiencies by falsifying my endorsement only confirms my impression that he is not the man we need to lead our nation."

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2004
Not for reproduction without permission of the author
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nothing surprises me anymore.

+1
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm confused he used them as body guards.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Total bitchsmack.  I'll be so glad when this election and John Kerry is over.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm confused he used them as body guards.

You answered your own question and he denied them mission specific operations that could have improved war efforts dramatically.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thats not a moral test, that is an asshat test and he passed. Had he made better decisions things would have been different.

How much better could it have been? DSI was a brillliant success!

Granted, his opposition to SPECOPS forces was and has been shown to have been wrong, but that's more a function of the timeframe he "grew up" in.

I just think that calling him an asshat or shitstain over a difference of philosophy which DIDN'T screw up a battle/war is a bit harsh.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Boy, that idiot swartzkopf
Look at how badly DSI went, eh?
Ever think that, just maybe, some of the missions were bullshit and didn't help the war effort and that a 4 star infantry general might know more than a keyboard commando?
No, of course not.
Specops is the only branch, just like everybody on the internet was a SEAL.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#16]
See? USMA guys are pretty smart, too!

It's akin to calling Eisenhower a shitstain because he landed his troops at Omaha. Sure, things could have gone better, but it wasn't because of incompetence.

I think that Norman definitely didn't see SPECOPS as being as useful as they are, but I don't think it was due to malice or lack of understanding. He was an infantry officer. Does it surprise you?

He did damned good, even with his perceived problems with SPECOPS.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#18]

TAMPA, UNITED STATES: US President George W. Bush (L) is introduced by retired General Norman Schwarzkopf (R) at Legend Field 31 October 2004 in Tampa, Florida. Bush and Democratic challenger John Kerry scrambled for votes in the key states of Florida and Ohio, keeping a bruising pace on the campaign trail in a race still too close to call with less than 48 hours until election day. Two tracking polls by The Washington Post and Fox television showed the candidates have evenly split the electorate, with little apparent change since the emergence of a video by al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. AFP PHOTO/Stephen JAFFE (Photo credit should read STEPHEN JAFFE/AFP/Getty Images)

TAMPA, UNITED STATES: US President George W. Bush (L) stands with retired General Norman Schwarzkopf (R) during a campaign rally at Legend Field 31 October 2004 in Tampa, Florida. Bush and Democratic challenger John Kerry scrambled for votes in the key states of Florida and Ohio, keeping a bruising pace on the campaign trail in a race still too close to call with less than 48 hours until election day. Two tracking polls by The Washington Post and Fox television showed the candidates have evenly split the electorate, with little apparent change since the emergence of a video by al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. AFP PHOTO/Stephen JAFFE (Photo credit should read STEPHEN JAFFE/AFP/Getty Images)

Amazing.  30 seconds of my time came up with these.

I'm so fucking sick and tired of these lying pieces of shit.  They don't even TRY and make up stories anymore, they just LIE and expect people to take what they say at face value.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
See? USMA guys are pretty smart, too!

It's akin to calling Eisenhower a shitstain because he landed his troops at Omaha. Sure, things could have gone better, but it wasn't because of incompetence.

I think that Norman definitely didn't see SPECOPS as being as useful as they are, but I don't think it was due to malice or lack of understanding. He was an infantry officer. Does it surprise you?

He did damned good, even with his perceived problems with SPECOPS.

Swartzkopf and me, we came from the same company.
Got to meet him.  In person, he is quite the prick.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

wow! You win the uninformed poster of the week award!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wow! You win the uninformed poster of the week award!

Not quite, that was the last I knew of him. What he has done since then I'm unaware of. He should have endorsed Bush sooner imo.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Why are we JUST NOW hearing this from General Schwarzkopf?

How come he hasn't figured any more prominently in the Bush Campaign?

It's too little, too late, dear General.....

Eric The(Consternated)Hun

Hardly a Johnny come lately, The Generals position has been known for a while.
Shame on the Bush campaign for not capitolizing though.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#23]
The_Macallan, your title scared me #@$!less.  Nasty trick (by you and the Dems).

MrCleanetc, Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf is not a 'shitstain' by any stretch of the imagination.  Many in the military community do not feel it is in their place to actively campaign/engage in domestic politics when retired.  Part of the 'just fade away' mentality.  It has a precedence in the history of our country.  As far as his view of SF, sadly until Rumsfeld, SF has been viewed with suspicion by almost all higher command.  They always have some excuse why SF cannot be used.  No doubt 'Transformation' has begun to chip away at that mentality, but it goes back to WWII at least.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The_Macallan, your title scared me #@$!less.  Nasty trick (by you and the Dems).

MrCleanetc, Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf is not a 'shitstain' by any stretch of the imagination.  Many in the military community do not feel it is in their place to actively campaign/engage in domestic politics when retired.  Part of the 'just fade away' mentality.  It has a precedence in the history of our country.  As far as his view of SF, sadly until Rumsfeld, SF has been viewed with suspicion by almost all higher command.  They always have some excuse why SF cannot be used.  No doubt 'Transformation' has begun to chip away at that mentality, but it goes back to WWII at least.

I will concede that and agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top