Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 1:12:06 PM EDT
How is the race between Coburn and Carson going??

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Check the Real Clear Senate polls... Coburn has been opening his slight but consistent lead from last week to a larger and still consistent lead.

Which is good, because our other hardcore RKBA Senate candidate (Coors) is in a tie with Salazar.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
1 Coburn vote right here because like the ads say " A vote for Brad Carson is a vote against President Bush."
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.

I will check that out.

CRC
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Like CRAP.

I am very dissapointed in both  of these men.

All they have done is mud slinging and crap like that. I am tired of the ads, I am sick of hearing their names.

I will vote, but feel like I am voting for the lesser of 2 evils, and I feel that way about all the elections these days.

I want to hear their plans for Oklahoma and the nation, I want to hear just what the hell do they want to do, what will make OKlahoma and America a better place?

I will be very happy when Tuesday is over with.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Barth,

Your forgot about Alan Keyes.....oh nevermind.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
They are both acting like a couple of SOB's if you ask me.  I GUESS I will vote Coburn for the repubs sake, but little else.

I am sick of both their shit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Just vote Coburn okay?

He is GOA's top priority.

CRC
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I really don't care for either one!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Too damn close for comfort.

I can't believe that they didn't make a bigger fuss about Brad Carson using under-age campaign employees, which resulted in the deaths of two children just last July 2004 during this campaign. Two of his employees, Jackalyn Pearson, 16 years old, and Dallas Hunt, 15 years old were killed in a car wreck as a result of Carson Campaign's clear violation of child labor laws.

Our Labor Commissioner, Brenda Reneau-Wynn, even levied a fine for violation of labor laws against the Brad Carson campaign and the Carson campaign paid it.

I think Carson should have withdrawn from the race when HIS campaign killed two children.

Hearings planned in fatal crash
MARIE PRICE World Capitol Bureau
08/13/2004
Tulsa World (Final Home Edition), Page A13 of News  
View in Print (PDF) Format

A 16-year-old girl's work for Democratic campaigns before she died might have violated child-labor laws.
OKLAHOMA CITY -- State Labor Commissioner Brenda Reneau Wynn has scheduled hearings later this month sparked by the July 8 traffic death of a teenager who was working on political campaigns.
One hearing is set for Aug. 27 at the Tulsa office of the state Department of Labor, and the other will occur Aug. 30 at the Oklahoma Department of Libraries in Oklahoma City.

The hearings will be conducted by an administrative law judge.

A key issue to be addressed at the hearings is whether Oklahoma's child-labor law should be as protective as federal law when it comes to teenagers driving as part of their work.

Dallas Michelle Horn was killed and driver JACKALYN PEARSON was seriously injured in the traffic accident, which was investigated by Glenpool police.

The girls, who were 16 at the time of the accident, reportedly were going door to door, canvassing on behalf of Democratic campaigns.

However, Oklahoma Democratic Party Chairman Jay Parmley said the teenagers were independent contractors. (Children cannot enter into ANY type of legally binding contract and neither girls' parents contracted on their behalf - pony)

Federal law sets a minimum age of 17 for on-the-job driving on public roadways.

Reneau Wynn's office said several states, including South Carolina, Massachusetts and California, have enacted similar laws.

"What I would like to do is align state law with federal law," she said.

Oklahoma prohibits children younger than 16 from operating motor vehicles on the job.

Reneau Wynn will use information gathered in the hearings to determine whether Oklahoma's child-labor regulations need to be strengthened.

Reneau Wynn, who is a Republican, has said the probe is not politically motivated.

"I have to do my job, regardless of what's going on in the political arena," she said.

"I think Mr. Parmley is trying to make this political by dragging out the investigation into the political season. It could have been over before the primary even started had everybody been cooperative that should have been."

She described the probe as a routine investigation, adding that the agency will determine when it is concluded.

"There's been no difference handling this investigation than any other routine investigation, except we've never encountered such arrogance and hostility in an obvious effort to frustrate the investigation," she said.

Parmley, however, said Reneau Wynn informed the press of the hearings and other actions in the probe before party officials knew anything about them.

"This is absolutely now politically motivated, I think," he said. "I have never seen her elevate one case to this level."

He said party officials have "answered every question she has asked of us in detail." (yeah, their LAWYERS Frasier, Frasier and Hickman answered all the questions - pony)

Officials have received conflicting sets of questions, he said, and labor employees have shown up seeking information that already has been supplied.

Parmley said Reneau Wynn's "right hand doesn't know what her left hand is doing."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marie Price (405) 528-2465
[email protected]

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I voted today!! I have met, and attend church with Brad Carson.  We could have worse for a democrate in OK. He is not bad for gun rights!! With that said, I had to vote for the DOC.  Brad is a pro Union guy, that votes to protect our gun rights.  True and too bad that a vote form him is a vote against PRESIDENT BUSH.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Poll | Date Sample Coburn(R)  Carson (D)  Und Spread
RCP Avg | 10/22-10/30 - 44.0 37.3 12.3 Coburn +6.7
SurveyUSA | 10/28-30 656 LV  47 39 6 Coburn +8
Sooner Poll | 10/27-28 498 LV  44 35 16 Coburn +9
Wilson Research | 10/22-24 500 LV  41 38 15 Coburn +3

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#14]
You are right, Carson's not a bad guy, but one ad by the Republicans hit home with me...  If Dems get a majority in the Senate, Kennedy and Hillary are incharge of the Judicial Committee.  Can't let that happen, guilt by association...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, I like having Coburn there as he is a solid, principled gun vote on the level of Ron Paul. However, even if he lost, we would still come out of that election pretty good.

I'm not quite so confident about Knowles in Alaska.

I really hope Coors can beat Salazar in CO though. To have a Senate candidate who openly says "Let's repeal the 1934 NFA" win would just be tremendous...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:19:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Brad Carson's campaign manager reportedly said in Stillwater that he is against private ownership of any gun except shotguns.  Regarding only criminals having guns, then, he said, "Oh well."

+1 for the Doc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top