Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2004 7:14:25 AM EDT
Twenty minutes ago I watched a parking lot tiff. A lady was backing out, got halfway out when another mom came roaring down upon her blowing her horn and demanding her right of way.

4 other people watched it and we looked at each other in shock.

What happpened to common courtesey?

Sure the other mom had the right of way, but BFD. How many times do we let a guy with an item or two go ahead of us in a checkout line when we have a cartful?

I decided that enough was enough and went over to the agressive driver and told her she was a 1st class asshole. She got indignant because I said it in front of her kids.

I told her that she was about three seconds from having her kids exposed to a lot more than that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------returning home from work 5 nights ago:

After a 6 hr drive and 2 weeks at sea, I needed a serious 'knock down' drink. I knew the hard liquor locker at home was slim pickings.

Stopped at the bar. The SECOND my ass hit the stool, some little floozy sat next to me and leaned over exposing a bit of cleavage.

"I'm NOT buying your drinks all night." I said.

"What do you mean by that?"(fiegned innocence)

"Lissen, kid, You don't want to go there. My rules are this: I pay you play."

That generally sends them packing, but this one was a dumbass. She didn't know when to quit.

"What do you think you are, anyway, some kind of stud?"

"Sweetie, you won't be able to shit right for a month after I get through fu(king you in the a$$!" I shot back.

Behind me I heard someone snarf, a beefy, somewhat trashy looking bleached blond. She was laughing and trying to get scotch out of her nose. She recovered enough to say to me: "Fifteen yards. Unnecessary roughness."

When I turned around, the little chickie was gone, which was exactly what I wanted to happen.

Still, I'm generally a LOT more patient than this!

WTF has gotten into me?

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#1]
When is the last time you went shooting?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing wrong with any of that. No reason to suffer fools in silence.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WTF has gotten into me?

A good sense of humor?

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
When is the last time you went shootinggot laid?

Fixed it fer ya!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll tell you WTF is wrong with me!

Just had a chat with someone. It's that there's an epidemic of rudeness going around.

Part of this epidemic is the election and the general sense of fear of the future, but that's no damned excuse.

Last night was Halloween and that's just for kids(and me when I go trick or treating with a shotglass. see last night's post.) Still, how many assholes out there just had to use it to make a statement. So called former Marine refusing candy to a kid, Parents making their kid into a political sign.

No class. FWIW, not all of this behavior is from liberals, either. Our side had put a couple shitstains on the golden letters of the oath.

I've crossed paths with a shitload asshole of libs the past couple of days and I've managed to stay civil. Maybe not warm, but civil. That's all I can ask for. Civil.

OTOH, I've just gotten fed up with rude behavior, and I'm NOT tolorating it.

I stopped at the Super on the way home and met a woman and we chatted. A true soccer mom, or so I thought. You could have blown me away with a feather when she said this: "Everybody should carry a gun. It'd bring a return to manners."

She's right, of course.

From the mouths of soccer moms.

OTOH, for reasons of my own, I am NOT carrying. I feel that when I'm packing heat that I have a responsibility to accept the slight or the insult and be the better man and walk away. Truth is, I'm TIRED of being the better man. I'm tired of rude behavior!

I don't care which side your on, I will no longer tolorate rudeness.

I'm fighting back.

If you're rude, I'm going to call you on it.

Most of you guys know the difference between my good natured irreverence for most things, but I try and never forget that you're all human beings. Please do the same. And not just here, but outside.

Thanks for page 2 of my vent!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top