Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 3:23:39 AM EDT
I was between meetings down in Denver on Tuesday, and decided to take in a movie.  All that was playing at the "time" was Resident Evil (the new one), which had some cool stuff, but was generally cheese.

Anyone seen it?  Thoughts?

(When will we get a movie forum?!;0-)
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I was thinkong of seeing it, but I saw Team America yesterday
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:42:24 AM EDT
[#2]
How did it compare to the first one?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:05:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How did it compare to the first one?

I thought it was a little better than the first one, which I've only seen on video.  I'd say  Jovanich's character was more intense, and of course, you can't beat the hottie that plays Valentine.

As with any movie of this genre, there was a very heavy application of deos ex machina at times, but the story was interesting and they have, of course, preserved ground for a third movie.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:26:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Meet my qualifications for a zombie flick, although I haven't yet seen the new one....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:46:57 AM EDT
[#5]
For a zombie flick that was a sequel to a movie based on a video game (there's three strikes against it already!), it was pretty good.  it wasn't *great* by any means (although it was nice to see Jill Valentine, and other characters from the game in flesh), but it was certainly better than it had any right to be.  

now granted i'm a zombie fan, so i might be biased.

i'm also a mila jovovitch fan (hell, i've got her album... and it's actually pretty good!), so i may be biased there too.  it's nice to know that you can always count on mila to put in a nude scene.  one of my favorite action babes.

of course, i'm also a RE fan. i have the first movie on DVD and almost all of the RE games.

I haven't seen Sean of the Dead yet, but it's on my to do list (which has been superceded by GTA san andreas for the forseeable future, lol)
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never been big on zombie movies but rented Resident Evil (the first one) over the weekend.

Loved it! I'll have to catch the second movie now. Probably after release to video.

Also rented Dog Soldiers. It's a buyer too. I've always liked a good werewolf movie.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Liked the first one, will have to see about the second.

GM
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Milla Jovovich has sufficient credentials for me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Milla Jovovich has sufficient credentials for me.

You should see her credentials when submerged in cold water.

Ahem.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I liked the first one a lot more.  It seemed to have a little more intensity and a better storyline.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Haven't seen 2 yet. I thought 1 was good but tame compared to the games!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#12]
1st was a solid bit of light entertainment.

2nd was not directed by anderson, and was a steaming pile of excrement.

story-blah

script-crap

direction-crap

action-crap

visuals-crap

total film enjoyment index--yep, crap.

its sorta like the filmic equivalent of organizing one's sock drawer.  it passes the time, but not in any kind of satisfying way.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#13]
The first one was a good zombie movie. The second one was not.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Milla Jovovich naked in one of them would be enough to get me to watch all of them. But I haven't yet.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:45:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I liked both RE and REApoc....decent flicks - just don't expect Academy Award winning performances.

I was watching Dawn of the Dead 2004 last night...not bad - again for what it is...

Here is a question I have regarding killing zombies...why not use a Nerve Agent? The military could use this agent to render the zombie bastards inoperable and then come in and mop up.

Is my logic flawed?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Milla Jovovich naked in one of them would be enough to get me to watch all of them. But I haven't yet.

She's kinda cute in the face, but she's definately flat chested.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I liked both RE and REApoc....decent flicks - just don't expect Academy Award winning performances.

I was watching Dawn of the Dead 2004 last night...not bad - again for what it is...

Here is a question I have regarding killing zombies...why not use a Nerve Agent? The military could use this agent to render the zombie bastards inoperable and then come in and mop up.

Is my logic flawed?

They are reanimated corpses, according to the original Romero historical records, they were originally reanimated by a spill of some kind of Army Nerve Agent that fell off of a truck near a cemetary.

oh crap....
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Is my logic flawed?

this actually makes a lot of sense if the agent permanently destroys nervous function.  does a nerve agent physically attack the nerves, or just cause a biochemical disruption that is long enough to overpower autonomous function, and therefore kill the (non-reanimated) individual?

after all, on a physical plane, zombies still operate the same as the living:  brain messages still route through the nerves to the muscles.

it occurs to me that ripley and hicks made a bad call by not gassing the xenomorphs, as nerve agents do work on insects.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#21]
well, i guess lightning just shot that down.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#22]
<-----Taking notes incase of zombie invasion...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:49:51 PM EDT
[#23]
With the advances in body armor you may have to adapt zombie killing techniques should the blue hats come to town. Head shots all around
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top