Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 3:52:07 PM EDT
Has anyone watched this show?
I caught one episode and I might have chuckled once or twice but frankly I don't what all the hype is about and certainly don't see how it warranted an Emmy (regardless of how pointless those awards actually are).

For starters I can't take anything seriously that stars Jason Bateman... he's one of those "what happened to _____ from that 80's TV show" actors. Next thing you know they're going to bring back Webster and Gary Coleman and stick them in some sort of cop comedy.

And well, that first reason should just about cover it... it's a big one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Show sucks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I caught one episode  

There's your problem.  Some of the jokes take half the season to develop.  There were at least a couple of times someone saw one of Saddam's palaces on TV or in the news and commented "is that our kitchen?" or something to that effect before it was revealed that Bluth senior was doing business in Iraq.  When the remaining asset of the Bluth company is the ramp truck they used to board the company jet, that's funny "ha ha".  When they park it too close to the fence at the prison while visiting dad and an inmate uses it to jump to freedom, that's freakin hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, it takes about 3 episodes to get into the swing of things - and then you're hooked.

BTW, I noticed that the entire first season is out on DVD (and there are a LOT more episodes in it than I thought!)
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
You will have to watch 3 or more shows to get the jokes. But it is a great show. Very funny.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#5]
its weak
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a good show, but like most character driven shows you need to watch it consistently to get a lot of the jokes.  I like it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You will have to watch 3 or more shows to get the jokes. But it is a great show. Very funny.

+1

The surprising thing is how much fun they make of the idiot fake activist sister, considering who is involved in the show.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm hooked, just keep watching it
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]
So you're saying it's like Seinfeld in the sense that if you watch it for a while you get all the inside jokes and innuendos?

Hmmm.... I'll take this under advisement. Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top